Originally Posted by jthorngate3
Pretty clean looking install.
Thanks!

Old 04-30-2011, 04:11 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice install!

I took pics of what I did to the truck today but they don't do it justice (might be a good reason to get a DSLR cam!). Clay barred the truck and followed it up with a synthetic wax and a top coat of carnuba. What a difference it made, surface is like glass now. My arms feel like they're going to fall off...

Old 04-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Scrming
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
Nice install!

I took pics of what I did to the truck today but they don't do it justice (might be a good reason to get a DSLR cam!). Clay barred the truck and followed it up with a synthetic wax and a top coat of carnuba. What a difference it made, surface is like glass now. My arms feel like they're going to fall off...
Thanks!

I'm waiting for the new paint to fully cure before I break out the wax... My arms get tired just thinking about it! LOL

Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Scrming
Thanks!

I'm waiting for the new paint to fully cure before I break out the wax... My arms get tired just thinking about it! LOL
I hear ya. I had alot of overspray from the idiots that did the "undercoating" (I use the term loosely as I got alot of overspray on the paint) plus I could feel the contaminates everytime I washed it. Couldn't believe how trashed the clay was immediately after washing the truck. Definitely a big difference in the feel of the surface, we'll see how it does tomorrow in the rain.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:07 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nico963
This is as close as I could get,And shhh,Don't tell anybody it's a diesel.

I was going to comment on this earlier, but I am glad I waited...now this picture is on this new page!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:29 AM
socapots
Senior User
Nice install!

haha.. no doubt. those clay bars are a beautiful thing.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:31 AM
socapots
Senior User
and a very nice install indeed. I like the option of SD,USB, or line in that unit gives.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:29 AM
fz1dave
Super Duty
Clay barred the truck and followed it up with a synthetic wax and a top coat of carnuba.
So how long did that take? I don't think I'd ever have the time to do it in one day, and since my truck isn't garaged (too tall) I doubt spreading it out over days would be a good idea. Would love to do it though!

And thanks for the comments on the pic guys!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Scrming
Senior User
Originally Posted by socapots
and a very nice install indeed. I like the option of SD,USB, or line in that unit gives.
Thanks! I went out and picked up a 32 GB SDHC card... Put all my music on it... works great!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by fz1dave
So how long did that take? I don't think I'd ever have the time to do it in one day, and since my truck isn't garaged (too tall) I doubt spreading it out over days would be a good idea. Would love to do it though!

And thanks for the comments on the pic guys!
I'm an outside parker too, truck fits in my garage but my trailer and atv's are on my side of the garage. It took 5 hours from start to finish (wash, clay bar, synthetic wax, carnuba wax). I had to prepare the wife for this one, just told her to send the kids outside when they started getting restless. Nothing like having a 3yo and 1yo "helping" detail the truck. My older to boys (13/11) wanted nothing to do with the process, can't say I blame 'em.

I used a Meguire's clay bar kit found at Autozone, then bought the following from Autogeek:

DG-105 - Duragloss Total Performance Polish (TPP) (sythentic wax)
CO-845 - Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 16oz. (carnuba wax)
GG-1010BL - The Grit Guard Insert - Black (guard to go in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket to keep dirt/rocks at the bottom and not in my wash brush)

Old 05-01-2011, 06:58 AM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Scrming
How about a little interior.... Stopped by Best Buy yesterday and checked out the CLEARANCE TABLE:

Thought Catherine Wheel was fitting:

Also added a backup camera...

Looks good. Does the Sync still work with that new radio? Does that one have satellite built into it too?

Old 05-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Scrming
Senior User
Originally Posted by kmonty2
Looks good. Does the Sync still work with that new radio? Does that one have satellite built into it too?
Thanks.

No more Sync... You can buy an adapter that allows you to retain your Sync:

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

But at $250 I decided to to just give up the Sync... Can always add it later...

The new Pioneer does not have SAT built in... I am however thinking about adding it... you can add either a Sirius or XM tuner. XM keeps telling me they want me back! LOL

Old 05-01-2011, 07:49 AM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
Will have to look into that. I love the Sync and use it everyday. I also paid for the satellite radio for my truck. I don't listen to anything else, not even for sports. I have one in every car and my work truck and going to put one in the new camper. I also see they have items to retain the steering wheel controls too.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Scrming
Senior User
Originally Posted by kmonty2
Will have to look into that. I love the Sync and use it everyday. I also paid for the satellite radio for my truck. I don't listen to anything else, not even for sports. I have one in every car and my work truck and going to put one in the new camper. I also see they have items to retain the steering wheel controls too.
I did add the adapter for the steering wheel controls.... Was like $60 or $70...

Quick Reply: POST UP YOUR NEW TRUCK PICS