99 F250 supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 F250 supercharger install

Hey guys

gunna be dropping in the newish motor and supercharger in the few days to come, hopefully i'll be able to get the project up and running by the end of the week, figured some of you would be intrested to see some pics.
truthfully the V10 gets pulled for a V8 but i'd thought i'd post here and see what happends

Down to the "wish" list
2004 5.4 with 40,00klms
V2 supercharger from Vortech
MBRP exhuast single side swept
99 lightning maf
39LB ford racing injectors
Tunes from Mike
04 intercooler from a 6L
FMU from vortech ( i know you don't gotta say it but it's what i got, enless you wonna swap for 42lb injectors, anyone?)
inline fuel pump
i can go on and on about the goodies but... lets get to some pics

engine on it's way out very staright forward coneected the chains up at three point slid the motor foward then readjusted the back chain for super slak and out she came

engine fully out, really breath taking as the engine dangles over the front of my truck

heres the engine bay with tons of work needing to be done

Old 10-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Got some pics of the V8 nothing speacail really, just a PI with a plastic or abs? intake

supercharger installed had a problem sourcing the bolts i needed, aswell alternator and V10 water pump

engine with the ebay's on after a slite moding yes they were V10 headers, i looked for similar ones but they wanted almost double the price, so naturely i just cut what i didnt need off and weld the ends shuts

Old 10-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Fordfanatic4life
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
curious if you are going that far why you didnt just rebuild/ and supercharge teh V10 ???

Old 10-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Skoda
Elder User
a few reason, i'am under a time constraint aswell i'am doing this from out of town so i needed a cheap motor fast the V8 is cheap and terribly availible. last thing i need my truck for the winter

dont get me wrong i love my V10 which is why iam holding onto it for something down the line. will see how the V8 does but as it stands it was the fatsest route.

Will see what happens to the V10 maybe some forged pistons, some sweet connectting rods, PI heads with some work done and lets not forget cams and a turbo ok ok forget the cams just turbo

Old 10-31-2010, 02:25 PM
BareBones
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Love it...... The title says "supercharger installation"...... That's one big supercharger.....

Old 10-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Originally Posted by BareBones
Love it...... The title says "supercharger installation"...... That's one big supercharger.....
you might have a point there, so you missed out on the supercharger being held in place then botled to the engine, but i see were your coming from sence another motor was going in i figured it was easer just to bolt it up out of the truck, from the drop in yesterday i stand by it.

please just hang in there tho theres still picks of the intercooler, pipe routting, feul pump, oil lines etc... pics to come...

Old 10-31-2010, 07:21 PM
BareBones
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Sure, I saw it hanging there. Awesome effort, and keep those pictures coming!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Droped in the motor yesterday, Ihad a few bumps in the road, droping in the motor, one was having the motor rest in a safe position that i could tighten the back chain so the engine was less on an angle, second hump was actually seeing the trany gear/pin while lignning up the torque converter on the motor. Best spot i could find was removing a bolt from the wheel wel cover and pulling it back.

Truck with the hood removed, marking it on the top and left/right of the bracket proved to be beneficail on the reinstall

"The little guy" being chained up, i remeber standing there i looked at the motor then my truck and thought to myself in pause(Sooo this has to go in there, fesable, right? Well it should fit it's smaller)

engine on it's way in, only word of input i can add is those tranmission cooling lines are in the worst place imagineable. To my surprise the headers sliped in nice and snug against the vacume canister/air conditoning system, as well the steering arm.

nicely positioned to fill the torque coveter with some mercon5

fully in place well except for the make shift motor mount on the passanger side won't be in tell mid this week, the supercharger it's self sits a sixteenth from the brake booster manifold, it may have to be reclocked will see what happens when i get the other engine mount

Old 10-31-2010, 08:16 PM
screamin gt
Junior User
nice work!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 PM
screamin gt
Junior User
got a v2 for my mustang going in over the winter... mounts a bit different though. I can't wait.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Originally Posted by screamin gt
got a v2 for my mustang going in over the winter... mounts a bit different though. I can't wait.
Thats a hole other monster i wish you luck, what type of supercharger are you going with? and Thanks it's been along time in the making this project

Old 11-01-2010, 09:17 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Subscribed

Nice pics!

Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Skoda
Elder User
made some great progress dipite the cold weather.

this is the distance i was talking about,the supercharger to the brake booster master, as to resolving the matter i chacked for bolt spacing on the tranny mount and engine mounts aswell there was a good quater inch, so i decided to pull it with the lift and was successful in moving it forward.

pic of the header and starter installed

how i got to at the top bolt threw the whell well to hold it in place while tightning the bottum one

new oil fitting, and engine mount, i have no idea why the engine didn't come with them...

oil cooler from the V10, linning this thing up was easy but getting it on the right angle so the threaded shaft would grab the threads was a pain.

i didn't have an allen key big enough so i used a bolt from the headers 9/16's head which is a 3/8 bolt

pic of the transmission bolts loosened. for the engine pull and drop in

this pic shows an alignment problem i had between the y pipe and header, fixed it with a car jack and some wood

Old 11-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Skoda
Elder User
vacume lines, cop installed, the odd hose here and there.

steering pump installed

if every thing goes to plan, the intercooler and feul pump alomg with fmu get installed. should be an excitting day

Old 11-02-2010, 10:42 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Nice pics - get crackin' !!!

Quick Reply: 99 F250 supercharger install