Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2010, 09:46 AM
New User

1998Nascar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile NASCAR Special Edition

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, and it looks like I'm gonna enjoy my visits here.

A bit about me - I have a 1998 NASCAR Special Edition that I bought new on October 31, 1998. It is mostly stock still and is my daily driver on a 63+ mile daily round trip commute. I have added a SuperChips 'FlipChip' mostly to eliminate the speed limiter, but I do sometimes run it on the premium side of things just for a change.

Since owning this truck I have amassed a fair knowledge of it and others like it. I also have the Ford factory service manual for it for things that come up during maintenance. Most importantly is the front end alignment. It is NOT the same as the regular F150, even though most dealers and service shops will tell you that it is.

I have been a maintenance pipefitter for a large company that makes optical fiber, since December of 1994. Before that 1973-1994, I worked as a 'Vehicle Mechanic' and worked on everything from bicycles up to and including diesel electric locomotives, and most anything that you can think of between.

I look forward to seeing how many other NASCAR owners are here.

Ken
Old 10-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Elder User

98 nascartruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
HI Ken and WELCOME to FTE and great to see another NASCAR F-150 owner join here!!!!!

Gordon

Owner of 1998 NASCAR special edition F-150 truck
(Celebrates the 50th anniversary of NASCAR and F-150)

Old 10-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Freshman User

Chief Engineer is starting off with a positive reputation.
A good friend has a 98 NASCAR that is in great condition.

We live in a fairly small area of Central Florida and believe it or not there is my friend's and another 98, unfortunately the other truck is pretty beat up. It looks like it is used by a painter and has paint all over it.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:50 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Engineer View Post
A good friend has a 98 NASCAR that is in great condition.

We live in a fairly small area of Central Florida and believe it or not there is my friend's and another 98, unfortunately the other truck is pretty beat up. It looks like it is used by a painter and has paint all over it.
There are several that I see occasionally running around the areas I haunt. All but one look really nice, but that one is a REAL beater. I don't think that there is a straight panel on the entire truck.

Don't know who any of them belong to either, just see them on the road.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:51 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 nascartruck View Post
HI Ken and WELCOME to FTE and great to see another NASCAR F-150 owner join here!!!!!
Thank you very kindly sir...
Old 11-20-2010, 03:32 AM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
We're a select group. Very limited as to how many of "us" will rule the roads, y'know.

Dick
'99 NASCAR Edition F-150-4X4
John 3:16
Old 11-20-2010, 03:32 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks

Tags
1997, 1998, 2005, edition, f150, ford, model, nascar, special, specific, specs, truck, trucknascar, trucks