Sponsored by:

Totaled - pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
my thoughts exactly, i'm not asking much honestly. i just want it in the condition it was 5 mins before the wreck.

you can bet i'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb.

the fuel gauge issue has me puzzled, i'm thinking the float must have gotton stuck.

actually its a broken wire, if its open then its full or if its grounded itll be empty , resistance based gauge.

I hear you man, when i got my truck in a accident, it was 6 months of fighting before i got it back, then the paint fell off a year after that, it was a total nightmare.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:51 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
yeah i had about 1/4tank right before, then after its showing pegged out on Full.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:40 AM
JaySVX
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear, and i'm coming into things a little late. What kind of vehicle was she driving? I didn't recognize it. Escape, or santa fe? The picture quality was low, sorry if it was already mentioned.

I hope you're feeling better.

I wouldn't want a rebuild, honestly. That sort of colision and the damage you have there, just think of not what else was damaged, but what was stressed. Your motor mounts had your motor slam forward on them, same with trans mounts. Those bolts are now that much weaker. Your crank slammed forward. Your windshield slammed forward. Everything was subject to the stress. Even if it didn't break, it is that much weaker.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:44 AM
kitebuz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear it as well - that's a real shame considering you had just settled in w/ your X. I guess just be glad you weren't driving a Smart car or something when she rammed you. Good luck on all fronts of the recovery.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:59 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

she was in a 2009 subaru forester.

had this wreck happend say 5 years ago there would be no question as to fixing my truck, the damage really is not that bad, it all comes down to $$. i've seen alot worse damaged cars/trucks look,run,and drive like new afterword so i'm not worried.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:18 PM
driximus
Posting Guru

I hope it all works out for you,

Honestly That is some Dedication, You got pics then posted up on FTE and went to the ER after! That is True FTE loyalty!

Old 10-20-2010, 06:23 PM
driximus
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by BoulderLionX
I used to be a trial attorney that handled lots of personal injury auto accidents (both plaintiff & defense), first and foremost you need to listen to your body. Give it time. Let it heal. But don't assume that everything will just go away with time.

It is especially concerning that the airbag didn't deploy, which means that all of the deceleration of the impact was concentrated along the line of the seat belt. That is hard on the body, but tends to concentrate along the spine. These kinds of injuries tend to be latent and slow to manifest themselves.

So while it might be tempting to settle with the insurance company in order to get $ for another Excursion, don't rush into it. See how you come out of this. All the money in the world isn't worth your health, but at the same time, if your health is impacted by the accident, money is the only way to compensate for your loss.

This Gentlemen is correct, I had a Motorcycle accident in 2008. Years after the fact My injuries never got better I had to get a Lawyer because I will be loosing my Career. Had I settled then I would be SOL today.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:48 PM
jayz66ragtop
Junior User
the damage really is not that bad, it all comes down to $$. i've seen alot worse damaged cars/trucks look,run,and drive like new afterword so i'm not worried.
You are right that it comes down to money. Most insurance companies have a threshold of between 70 and 85% of value. If the repair estimate comes in even a penny over that threshold guess what, the vehicle is totalled by the insurance company. There usually isn't much you can do about it at that point.except buy back and repair yourself. The buy back amount is also based on determined value prior to accident and is usually around 25%.

I too have seen vehicles with MUCH worse damage run and drive "like new". My Eclipse was wrecked pretty badly, valued at about $15K with about $8500 worth of front end damage (drivers side suspension completely ripped off car). Repaired and would have never known it was in an accident. I put 50K miles on it after the accident without issue.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:20 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

i got bascily nowhere with insurance today, they are still waiting to have the truck full stripped. we'll see. i made it very clear with my agent i will not accept it totaled.

i have acess to free legal advise also, which i hope to not need but its nice to know its there.

the issue with money is, they arent even sure what the truck is worth. they know its over $10k which they told me but they arent sure how much. problem is they not only go by book value but my market value..what they are selling for and if there are any comparables...currently on the market in the whole state of alaska there are NO comparables.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:06 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

a compareable 2002 limited v10 4x4 102k red, just poped up on a local used car lot. i'm going to take a look tomorrow and then call the insurance people again to see if they have made up there minds either way. then see what my options are. downtime does come into play.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:04 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
a compareable 2002 limited v10 4x4 102k red, just poped up on a local used car lot. i'm going to take a look tomorrow and then call the insurance people again to see if they have made up there minds either way. then see what my options are. downtime does come into play.

what ever you do dont ever buy from red white blue.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:00 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

oh god no!!! lol i would never! i dislike almost all dealers, but this one is at affordable used cars downtown. i've heard some positive from them.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:04 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There's always Cal Worthington. Ya could take home a lion or Tiger or something too. Is he still alive? Seems like I was watching him when I was a kid. That was a looong time ago. Ahh it's late Ex. I can't sleep either.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by arctic y block
There's always Cal Worthington. Ya could take home a lion or Tiger or something too. Is he still alive? Seems like I was watching him when I was a kid. That was a looong time ago. Ahh it's late Ex. I can't sleep either.

hey talked me in to getting my EX at cals! i was nervous, but it was a great deal, and them guys did good. i always wanted to buy form them since i was little in the 70's. i would deffinatly buy again from them.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
check out this thread for his rebuilding x ideas, similar damage to yours.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...8-10-ex-5.html

Quick Reply: Totaled - pics