FORD RECOGNIZES GLOBAL SUPPLIERS FOR DELIVERING SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE IN 2009
- Forty global suppliers received Ford’s World Excellence Awards for 2009
- Ford’s supplier partners are recognized for exceeding standards in quality, cost and delivery and embracing ONE Ford
DEARBORN, Mich., April 23, 2010 – Ford Motor Company recognized its top global suppliers Thursday evening with the World Excellence Award, the company’s highest recognition for its suppliers worldwide. Forty suppliers from 17 different countries were recognized at the 12th annual event.
The World Excellence Awards honor production and non-production suppliers that have exceeded Ford’s highest standards in cost, quality, technology and delivery, while at the same time embracing the ONE Ford mindset and helping the company deliver products with an unparalleled standard of excellence.
Tony Brown, group vice president, Global Purchasing, commended Ford’s supplier partners for demonstrating a clear commitment to quality and exceeding high expectations and tough performance goals throughout a challenging 2009.
"We congratulate the supplier winners of the 2009 World Excellence Awards. Your commitment to pursuing the highest standards of excellence for technology, quality and cost distinguish your company as a valued member of the ONE Ford team. We are not able to reach our ONE Ford goal — delivering profitable growth for all — without your important contributions,” said Brown.
“Suppliers play a critical role in the ONE Ford transformation. Thank you to all of our award winners for the support and commitment to helping Ford serve our customers worldwide with the very best cars and trucks,” said Alan Mulally, president and CEO.
There are three levels of World Excellence Awards — Gold, Silver and Recognition of Achievement. The Gold and Silver Awards are given to suppliers that excel in quality, cost and delivery. Thirteen Gold Awards and 27 Silver Awards were presented this year.
The Recognition of Achievement Award is given to suppliers that improve customer satisfaction by providing significant contributions in key areas: New Consumer-Focused Technology, Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma, Durability and Reliability Performance, Corporate Responsibility, Diversity and Community Service and Warranty Improvement. Eleven suppliers received Recognition of Achievement Awards.
The 2009 winners are:
- Autoliv; La Pobla de Vallbona, Spain – Air Bags
- Brose; Hallstadt, Germany – Electronic Body Modules
- Brose; Santa Margarida, Spain – Door Modules
- Dana-Talesol; Montevideo, Uruguay – Axles
- Dayco; Chieti Scalo, Italy – Front End Accessory Drive Systems
- EWIE; Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA – Cutting Tools
- Magna; Excelsior Springs, Missouri, USA – Seats
- Mei-An Autoliv; Taoyuan City, Taiwan – Seat Belts
- Midway Progressive Stamping; Ottoville, Ohio, USA – Frames & Cross Members
- Ronal; Walbrzych, Poland – Wheels
- Sanyo Electric; Sumoto City, Japan – HEV Battery Systems
- Walbridge; Detroit, Michigan, USA – Construction
- Zetweka; Cologne, Germany – Print Services
- Aral; Bochum, Germany – Fuel
- ARC Europe; Brussels, Belgium – Roadside Assistance
- Autoliv; Dachau, Germany – Air Bags
- Brose; Saarwellingen, Germany – Door Modules
- Ceva; Mississauga, Ontario, Canada – Transportation
- Continental; Regensburg, Germany – Electronic Body Modules
- Continental; Veszprem, Hungary – ABS Brakes
- Dakkota; Louisville, Kentucky, USA – Cooling Modules
- Harvey; Wabash, Indiana, USA – Aluminum Castings
- Hella; Lippstadt, Germany – Headlamps
- KC Transportation; Carleton, Michigan, USA – Transportation
- Lear; Taylor, Michigan, USA – Wiring & Connectors
- Link Engineering Company; Plymouth, Michigan, USA – Lab Testing
- Litens Automotive Group; Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada – Front End Accessory Drive Systems
- Magna; Eastleigh, United Kingdom – Seats
- Marketing Associates; Detroit, Michigan, USA – Marketing & Communications
- MGI Coutier; Bursa, Turkey – Latches
- Mitsubishi Electric; Himeji, Japan – Alternators
- Pirelli; Guacara, Venezuela – Tires
- Piston Automotive; Redford, Michigan, USA – Cooling Modules
- Prime Wheel; Kunshan, China – Wheels
- Ronal; Jicin, Czech Republic – Wheels
- Saturn Electronics & Engineering; Coopersville, Michigan, USA – Solenoids
- ThyssenKrupp Presta; Fameck, France – Steering Columns
- TRW; Dacice, Czech Republic – Engine Valves
- Warn Industries; Milwaukie, Oregon, USA – Axles
- Webasto; Schierling, Germany – Moon Roof Systems
Recognition of Achievement
- Autoliv; La Pobla de Vallbona, Spain – Warranty Improvement
- Cooper Standard; Novi, Michigan, USA – Consumer Driven 6-Sigma
- Delphi; Troy, Michigan, USA – Corporate Responsibility
- Delphi; Troy, Michigan, USA – Diversity and Community Service
- Denso; Athens, Tennessee, USA – Durability and Reliability
- Foster Electric; Panyu, China – Warranty Improvement
- Johnson Controls; Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA – New Consumer-Focused Technology
- Leggett & Platt; El Paso, Texas, USA – New Consumer-Focused Technology
- Michelin; Lexington, South Carolina, USA – New Consumer-Focused Technology
- Robert Bosch; Stuttgart, Germany – Diversity and Community Service
- TRW: Resolven, United Kingdom – Durability and Reliability
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 198,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and, until its sale, Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.