2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2022 Tracking Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 09:10 AM
Phoenixfla
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1,248 Likes on 577 Posts
2022 Tracking Spreadsheet

Below, you will find links and instructions to view and participate in the Super Duty Tracking Spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is created by collecting user information through a Google Form, which is then added into the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet retrieves the customer data for that particular VIN approximately every 3 hours, and the spreadsheet updates.

The spreadsheet is useful to see how your Super Duty is progressing through the process, as well as monitor how other Super Duties have progressed. The Spreadsheet has multiple tabs which sort the data by Production Date, Sent to Production Date, Build Date or Order Date. There is also a tab containing charts and graphs, as well as a tab for delivered trucks, which is useful to see which trim levels are being built with which options as well as the the average time it takes to reach certain milestones.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET:

2022 Super Duty Tracking Spreadsheet

LINK TO SUBMISSION FORM FOR NEW SIGNUPS:
2022 Super Duty Tracking Spreadsheet Submission Form
Note, you must have a VIN before you can be added to the tracker.

If you haven't been scheduled, you can join the unscheduled list here ---> 2022 Unscheduled Super Duty List Thread

BUILD DATE USER SUBMISSIONS
FORM TO SUBMIT / CHANGE BUILD DATE <---LINK
Estimated Build Dates are not available in the data pull, so I've created a form where users can submit their build dates to automatically load into the spreadsheet.

If you have only a build week, submit that date, if you have a build day, use that. If your build date changes, or if your build week is narrowed to a build day, just open the form again, re-enter your new information and resubmit the form.

You must already be listed in the tracker, so complete that form first.

------------------------------

USER DEFINED NOTES
2022 TRACKING SPREADSHEET - USER DEFINED NOTES <----LINK

You can now enter up to 30 characters to be displayed in the spreadsheet "User Defined Notes" column. You can submit anything you would like THAT PERTAINS TO YOUR ORDER!

Suggestions would be something like:
"Delayed UTTCS, AS" to indicate that your truck was delayed in the schedule for a shortage of Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System or Adaptive Steering.
You could also show things like your window sticker has become available. (i.e. "W.S. avail 7/20")

To change your note, just re-submit the form.

-------------------------
TERMINOLOGY
Here is some information on the terms used in the tracking spreadsheet:

Primary Status (Does not include all possible Status)

Unscheduled-Clean - VIN not assigned at this point, but "clean" indicates that there are no commodity issues and the truck is in the queue to be scheduled.

>Order gets scheduled- VIN assigned and provided to buyer from dealer. At this point you can submit your information for the tracking spreadsheet using the forms above.<

In Order Processing - Begins when the truck is first scheduled. At this point the VIN is assigned and the "Scheduled To Week" is available. Although the scheduled to week reflects a specific day, it's always a Monday until the schedule is refined and trucks are assigned to be built a certain day of that week. Trucks are generally only scheduled if Ford expects to have all the necessary parts at the time it is scheduled to be built. Occasionally parts that were expected to be available are delayed causing the scheduled to week to be pushed out.

>Scheduled to Week refined to a Scheduled to Day - available from your dealer. Remember to resubmit the Build Day form to change your build week to a build day.

In Production - Begins approximately one week before the build day and is when the window sticker becomes available. The window sticker will reflect the "sent to plant" date which is the day the window sticker was generated and the order was sent to the plant for production. Actual production takes a very short time (33 hours I've heard) and it is generally complete by the next day

Awaiting Shipment - Trucks are generally shipped one to two days after production. They are shipped by convoy (car carrier) or by rail (train). Your window sticker will show which method of transportation will carry it to your dealer. Generally rail is for dealers further away from Kentucky. Even if it's coming by rail it will probably go the final distance on a carrier after being off loaded at a rail yard.

In Transit - Once the truck is shipped an ETA will be available from the Ford tracker and other trackers. The ETA they provide includes a cushion. Typically the trucks show up approximately one week before the ETA. The Spreadsheet reflects the beginning of the window (ETA Start), and the end (ETA End)

Delivered - Truck may be delivered before the status changes to Delivered. Your dealer should notify you when it arrives
--------------------

TROUBLESHOOTING

1. My entry is now showing any data, or is not showing all data:

NEW USER - If you just joined, new users are loaded into the spreadsheet several times a day, so your username will not appear instantaneously. Please do not submit duplicate entries. In order to keep the spreadsheet from having too many errors, it is necessary to review the VINs and Order numbers for new submissions such as too few or too many letters, lower case letters and extra spaces. Each of these would cause an error in the spreadsheet. Usernames and VINs are also reviewed to avoid duplicates on the spreadsheet. Once the user is loaded into the spreadsheet, it may take several more hours before the next update is run, and the initial data is retrieved from the Ford server.

EXISTING USERS - Occasionally, the Ford server will return an error when new data record is being retrieved. This results in blank data on the user's row of the spreadsheet where data may have previously appeared. This is generally temporary, and the next time an update is run, the data should re-populate. Some days the updates run flawlessly and there are no errors (and missing data) and other days many errors are returned. This may be a result of some type of maintenance or record updates on the Ford server.

SUMMARY AND FAQs

How it works: Ford has a customer vehicle information database which several trackers access such as the Mach E tracker here:

Mach E Tracker

When you enter your VIN and order number into the tracker, it reaches out to the Ford customer vehicle information database and returns a lump of data related to your vehicle. (Click on 'Raw Data' at the bottom of the Mach E tracking page after tracking your vehicle to see this data stream). Information like the make, model, trim, options, color, engine, dealer, status, etc. The data also includes dates such as when it was ordered, built, shipped and delivered. I thought it would be great if we could see graphically where our individual trucks fit into the schedule. What is getting built first? What is getting delayed?

This spreadsheet is for those who want to participate to track their trucks. This Google Sheet spreadsheet runs a query for each truck every three hours, and then sorts the results based on column data.

It it the most recent data? It's close, but I've seen several instances where tracking on the Ford website reflects data that is slightly more updated, but the customer vehicle information database (and therefore the spreadsheet) has always synced up within 24 hours.

Security: Although I do not believe that anyone can do anything nefarious with your VIN and order number, I take steps to not make these available publicly. They are not contained in the spreadsheet.

Scale: The number of users of this spreadsheet exploded faster than I expected, so I've been working to make it function properly for the increased number of users. (I originally set it up for 50 users and I think we exceeded that in 2 days). I may have to cut it off to new users at some point. I believe anything over 100 or 150 users would become difficult to maintain. We are approaching 250 users, and with the slightly slower refresh schedule (every 3 hours), things are working well. Things still working well with more than 350 users.

Decommissioning: I do not plan to keep this spreadsheet updated in perpetuity. This project initially started to track the Purgatory trucks, and since I'd invested the time to learn the necessary programming to make it work, I set up this 2022 tracker. Once production schedules return to somewhat normal status, I plan to decommission the spreadsheet, probably by the end of 2021.

Last edited by Phoenixfla; 07-18-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Top Answer

08-25-2021, 05:54 PM
Phoenixfla
Fleet Mechanic
I'm happy to report that my truck arrived today waaaaay before the ETA of 9/8‐9/14. I haven't seen it yet, but will by midnight tonight. Full report tomorrow.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:32 AM
ToothSleuth
Senior User
Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts
can you add another column for state (or providence), i am kind of curious which albany. I looked it up of course

Old 07-08-2021, 09:48 AM
Phoenixfla
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by ToothSleuth
can you add another column for state (or providence), i am kind of curious which albany. I looked it up of course
Done and thank you for the suggestion.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:29 AM
aboyles
Senior User
Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Info submitted for two trucks

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-08-2021, 10:58 AM
Tncdrew
Tuned
Received 209 Likes on 93 Posts
Thank you for doing this! 😁

Old 07-08-2021, 12:05 PM
Rock_Crawling
5th Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Phoenixfla
2022 Super Duty Tracking Spreadsheet Submission Form

2022 Super Duty Tracking Spreadsheet

Hi Everyone,

I've had pretty good success setting up the 2021 auto-updating tracking spreadsheet for the purgatory trucks. I thought I would set up the same type of spreadsheet for 2022s and the non-purgatory 2021s. This may not be quite as helpful since the customer database does not have a lot of information until the Window Sticker is generates about a week before the build. We may be able to gain some information, such as delays after scheduling, so perhaps it will help someone.

Like the 2021 spreadsheet, this is a work in progress. Sometimes the updates don't run correctly, so occasionally errors are kicked back. Please bear with me if it stops responding.

Does this report include the same info as the vehicle visibility report?

Old 07-08-2021, 12:19 PM
Mirage Flatter
Cross-Country
Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
What a great idea!! Thanks for having the knowledge and taking the initiative!!

Old 07-08-2021, 12:20 PM
losttrail
Tuned
Received 143 Likes on 89 Posts
Info submitted, thank you!

Old 07-08-2021, 12:26 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Received 185 Likes on 105 Posts
First a big Thank-You to Phoenixfla for doing these Super Duty Tracking spreadsheets! I'm a BIG fan of spreadsheets and use them for lots of stuff myself.

Would adding a column for F250/F350/F450 and then a column for Trim level and perhaps a column for wheelbase add any useful tracking information? I noticed an order placed a month later than other orders was already In Production and thought it might have to do with the truck model, trim or wheelbase.

The following 2 users liked this post by Lariat Driver:
Old 07-08-2021, 12:45 PM
DecodanMcQ
Mountain Pass
Received 83 Likes on 35 Posts
Info filled in, thanks

any extra columns of specific build info might be helpful. Especially the so called “problem” accessories like camera system, bed liner and other chip using items.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:49 PM
deerhunt799
Senior User
Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Lariat Driver
First a big Thank-You to Phoenixfla for doing these Super Duty Tracking spreadsheets! I'm a BIG fan of spreadsheets and use them for lots of stuff myself.

Would adding a column for F250/F350/F450 and then a column for Trim level and perhaps a column for wheelbase add any useful tracking information? I noticed an order placed a month later than other orders was already In Production and thought it might have to do with the truck model, trim or wheelbase.
Assume you may be referring to mine. FWIW mine is a F350 CCLB 3.31 6.7 King Ranch Ultimate with bed liner and tonneau cover.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:09 PM
rsmith2786
Senior User
Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts
Added my build as well. I think it broke the spreadsheet. Many cells now showing blank. Sorry Phoenixfla and thank you!!

Old 07-08-2021, 01:12 PM
Klinc
Cross-Country
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by rsmith2786
Added my build as well. I think it broke the spreadsheet. Many cells now showing blank. Sorry Phoenixfla and thank you!!
This is why we cant have nice things... Always that one guy.

The following 2 users liked this post by Klinc:
Old 07-08-2021, 01:13 PM
MuyPronto
New User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for doing this, I was hoping you would for those of us who have 2022 orders. I filled out the submission form but I noticed that it doesn't include model and trim level.
Mine is
F450 XL DRW 4x4
Sync 3, Blis, Pre-collision assist, power equipment group, xl value package, cruise control, spray-in Bedliner, operator commanded regen, 5th wheel hitch kit & prep, chmsl camera, front wheel well liner, Sirius, vinyl, 40-20-40 front seats, Stone Grey exterior

Ordered at dealer: 3/29
Order picked up by Ford: 6/1
Vin Issued: 6/23
Build Date: 7/23
Window Sticker: Not yet available

Old 07-08-2021, 02:05 PM
Phoenixfla
Fleet Mechanic
Here is the deal on the option data, it is all there but there is so much data it becomes unmanageable. There are columns returned in the data that can be expanded to see all those options. I tried expanding all the columns for 1 vin and the importer hung up when I hit 27000 columns. I'll try to continue researching it, but I've only been able to get 1 JSON data importer to properly work with the Ford database.

Not to mention all the options are listed, and marked as "true" if the truck has that option and "false" if not.

So it's possible, but may be out of my capabilities.

Quick Reply: 2022 Tracking Spreadsheet