Sponsored by:

Trackbar HELP???

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 09:53 AM
trkfxer
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trackbar HELP???

Hi all : I do not post very much but would like to thank everyone on this site there is very good info here!! So here is my dilemma History 05 EX 71xxx miles picked up 5 months ago. installed f250 springs front and rear ,front hangar kit ,rear 2 inch block ,rear swaybar, When i instilled lift/spring the track bar at ride hight on wheels was 1/2 inch off so i did not want to pre load suspension and pull in place so i bot cheap track bar ebay adjusted it all the way in was 2 inches off so i cut tube end off centered adjustment welded back on installed it took for aliment they said only 1/8 inch off no adjustment needed. About 2 weeks later trk was riding funny looked under found track bar broken not at weld but right next to it.So i bot better one from supreme suspension said 2-4 inch lift well that one was too long too so i did same thing cut welded it .Been about 2 months now trk started to feel funny again looked at at track bar again not broken but end were bushing is in is egg shaped and is moving back and forth in bracket bad . i do not know what to do at this point i was told i do not need drop bracket /pitman arm with my lift i am thinking of going this route to see if it would make a differences THANKS IN ADVANCE TOM

Old 05-26-2019, 10:26 AM
pirate4x4_camo
Lead Driver
Received 325 Likes on 246 Posts
Old 05-26-2019, 10:57 AM
trkfxer
5th Wheeling
very nice with solid ends how does it ride its my wife's ride.That is a very beefy bar. I am wondering why my track bar is breaking am I doing something wrong? I have been told by a very rep company with my lift I should not have to use a adj track bar but stock bar will not line up with out pre loading. and adj ones are to long

Old 05-26-2019, 11:09 AM
pirate4x4_camo
Lead Driver
You didnt indicate how much you increased ride height so I can not know if you need an adjustable track bar or not.

if you are trying to line up the track bar with the suspension at full droop the correct length bar it is never going to line up,
you want to set your track bar length at ride height, that is with the full weight of the vehicle on the suspension. possibly what you are calling "preload"
( preloading is something you can do with coil springs but not leafs because there is no way to capture them ) with leafs you are just compressing them to ride heigh using the weight of the vehile.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:11 AM
pirate4x4_camo
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by trkfxer
how does it ride its my wife's ride.

better then your busted track bar

Old 05-26-2019, 11:52 AM
trkfxer
5th Wheeling
What I meant by pre load is pull frame over to get bolt in it was 1/2 inch off with truck on the ground on the wheels witch would pull leaf springs over. tried turning wheel could not get bolt in .

Old 05-26-2019, 12:04 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 822 Likes on 568 Posts
What is your measurement from the center of the hub up to the top of the wheelwell arch opening? That will tell us exactly how much lift you are dealing with.

Old 05-26-2019, 12:21 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Lead Driver
What I meant by pre load is pull frame over to get bolt in it was 1/2 inch off with truck on the ground on the wheels witch would pull leaf springs over. tried turning wheel could not get bolt in .

at ride height and no track bar how close to center is the axle ?

seems to me pulling it over 1/2" either means the track bar is the wrong length or the axle is way off center.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:30 PM
bluovl
Laughing Gas
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
very nice with solid ends how does it ride its my wife's ride.That is a very beefy bar. I am wondering why my track bar is breaking am I doing something wrong? I have been told by a very rep company with my lift I should not have to use a adj track bar but stock bar will not line up with out pre loading. and adj ones are to long
I running a 4" lift with my stock track bar, and I did have to "preload" to get it to line up. I don't have a lot miles on it yet, but so far it's working.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:33 PM
bluovl
Laughing Gas
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Silly me I did mine with the wheels on the ground also. I should have taken the weight off the wheels.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:03 PM
trkfxer
5th Wheeling
So I have been thinking if I buy on of the hiem joint track bars the weak link is going to be lower bracket that is part of the diff I have seen people here have broken that mount and do not want that to happen. I am also probably going to have to shorten it 2 inches too. need to figure out why at ride height I cant install stock trackbar. Should I loosen every thing up and start over. everything is new ! springs,shackle lift kit, shocks, Any and all suggestion will help

Old 05-26-2019, 06:05 PM
trkfxer
5th Wheeling
27 inches from center of hub to bottom of fender I did not measure before but I am thinking 4inch lift with v code springs and 2 1/2 hangar lift kit

Old 05-27-2019, 01:45 PM
trkfxer
5th Wheeling
How to check front

So how do I square up front suspension what I have been reading is my stock track bar should fit with truck on level ground .should I leave on ground and loosen everything up and turn wheel back and forth then tighten everything up? Then see if bar fits?

Old 05-27-2019, 07:47 PM
trkfxer
5th Wheeling
anybody have same issue how did you fix?

Old 05-27-2019, 09:18 PM
SmackDaddy
Postmaster
Received 234 Likes on 161 Posts
X codes with 2” shackles and hangers. Longer chromoly adjustable track bar.

Quick Reply: Trackbar HELP???