2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Deletes

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 10:16 AM
Kenny67
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deletes

Has anyone out there with a 2018 done a full delete on it? I want to delete mine but I can’t seem to find a complete kit with tuner like I was able to find for my 2008, I found complete kits for 2016 and older but nothing for 2017 and up, just parts of kits,

Old 05-18-2019, 10:34 AM
brendanlush
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
L
Originally Posted by Kenny67
Has anyone out there with a 2018 done a full delete on it? I want to delete mine but I can’t seem to find a complete kit with tuner like I was able to find for my 2008, I found complete kits for 2016 and older but nothing for 2017 and up, just parts of kits,
I have mine deleted (2017), I went with a 5” down pipe back exhaust with the EZlynk PPEI tune and an S&B intake even so some people say you don’t need intakes on the new trucks. I decided to go with the oem no exhaust tune because, hell these trucks have enough juice from the factory.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:45 AM
Kenny67
Freshman User
What did you do for your EGR delete?

Old 05-18-2019, 10:47 AM
brendanlush
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What did you do for your EGR delete?
I am pretty sure the tuner turns off the egr. I am going to get plates eventually, and leave the egr in place in case the time comes for a trade in. The 2020’s are looking pretty sweet!

Old 05-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Kenny67
Freshman User
Yea the 2020’s looking good!!! Have you noticed any change in mpg and throttle response since the delete? My throttle response turbo lag and regeneration is the whole reason I want to do the delete, I’m not going to do it like my 08, after I got done with my 08 it lasted 6 months and I blew it up lol

Old 05-18-2019, 05:51 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
Received 99 Likes on 59 Posts
I have 2018 f350 dually and have full delete. Deleted everything with 4,000 miles on the clock. Best mods ive ever done!
MBRP 4” with muffler kit and left the factory resonator thats located behind the rear axle in place. I cant remember who wrote my SCT 75HP tow tune. S&B cold air intake, egr delete kit as well.
Make a huge difference.

Stock form the truck sucks. Feels like its dragging a boat anchor around. Mileage was dog crap. 14-15mpg at 70mph unloaded was best i ever saw. 7mpg while towing my 42ft 5er that only weighs13,000lbs fully loaded.
Since the delete and tune, ive averaged as good as 20.4mpg over 160mile trip @ 70mph and get over 9mpg while towing the same trailer. @ 60-65mph it will get 22-23mpg unloaded. @ 55mph it will get 25-28mpg. No BS. Terrain makes a big difference. Throw in hills and that mileage drops significantly.
Throttle response is greatly improved.

Delete everything and throw in a low HP increase tune and the mileage will drastically improve.

One side note about delete tunes. When you delete the exhaust, the computer will no longer be able to make air/fuel adjustments bc the sensors that give the computer the needed info to make adjustments are gone too. So you will see better mpg with higher outside temps. When its cold outside, the mileage wont be as good. Some say its “winter blend diesel” ignorance is bliss. When deleted, theres no way for the computer to make adjustments for outside air temps, air density, barometric pressures, or humidity. So the spring, summer, & fall will see the greatest fuel mileage gains.

Cheers.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:13 PM
Kenny67
Freshman User
Originally Posted by StonedGrey
I have 2018 f350 dually and have full delete. Deleted everything with 4,000 miles on the clock. Best mods ive ever done!
MBRP 4” with muffler kit and left the factory resonator thats located behind the rear axle in place. I cant remember who wrote my SCT 75HP tow tune. S&B cold air intake, egr delete kit as well.
Make a huge difference.

Stock form the truck sucks. Feels like its dragging a boat anchor around. Mileage was dog crap. 14-15mpg at 70mph unloaded was best i ever saw. 7mpg while towing my 42ft 5er that only weighs13,000lbs fully loaded.
Since the delete and tune, ive averaged as good as 20.4mpg over 160mile trip @ 70mph and get over 9mpg while towing the same trailer. @ 60-65mph it will get 22-23mpg unloaded. @ 55mph it will get 25-28mpg. No BS. Terrain makes a big difference. Throw in hills and that mileage drops significantly.

Delete everything and throw in a low HP increase tune and the mileage will drastically improve.

One side note about delete tunes. When you delete the exhaust, the computer will no longer be able to make air/fuel adjustments bc the sensors that give the computer the needed info to make adjustments are gone too. So you will see better mpg with higher outside temps. When its cold outside, the mileage wont be as good. Some say its “winter blend diesel” ignorance is bliss. When deleted, theres no way for the computer to make adjustments for outside air temps, air density, barometric pressures, or humidity. So the spring, summer, & fall will see the greatest fuel mileage gains.

Cheers.
Thanks for the info! Seems you have the same irritations I’ve had lol, where did you order your parts from?

Old 05-18-2019, 07:50 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
Thanks for the info! Seems you have the same irritations I’ve had lol, where did you order your parts from?
Ordered my race exhaust pipe and muffler from US Diesel Parts.
MBRP CFAL463. Lot of them listed on google shopping for $239.00
the EGR Delete kit is from Thoroughbred Diesel.
My tune was actually free bc i already had a SCT programmer from my F150 that was compatible and the diesel shop i ordered the tune from dropped the ball big time and didnt charge me the $300 for the tune that they normally would have.

So $240 for the exhaust.
$150 for EGR delete kit.
Total $400ish.
The big cost is the tune device and the actual tune itself. Prices varies between companies.

S&B cold air intake was $330.
S&B is the most difficult install out of all the cold air intakes on the market bc it relocates the air box and battery tray.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:20 PM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Received 935 Likes on 737 Posts
Can you permanently run it with the EGR just turned off with the tuner? Are they prone to failing if just turned off.

Ideally I would like to just stick a muffler where the dpf is and when I sell it put it back to stock and turn the EGR back on.

Unfortunately my X4 tuner wont work on my 2019.

I also agree on the above 75hp tune and getting rid of the nannies would probably make it a whole different animal.

I want to do this before I need to fill up the DEF, just leave a little in the tank.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:24 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Joe T
Can you permanently run it with the EGR just turned off with the tuner? Are they prone to failing if just turned off.

Ideally I would like to just stick a muffler where the dpf is and when I sell it put it back to stock and turn the EGR back on.

Unfortunately my X4 tuner wont work on my 2019.

I also agree on the above 75hp tune and getting rid of the nannies would probably make it a whole different animal.

I want to do this before I need to fill up the DEF, just leave a little in the tank.
Yes, the delete tune will turn the EGR valve to the closed/off position. Only reason i deleted the EGR cooler is bc I plan to keep the truck for a long time and I don't want to have the EGR cooler pop and send coolant down the intake. I don't know if anyone has had an EGR cooler pop on any of the 6.7s. Its just a preventative measure. I believe coolant still flows thru the EGR cooler even when its turned off electronically. So the cooler still heats up and cools down which causes it to expand and contract. Things can only expand and contract so many times before something gives. Just my opinion and I'm probably just paranoid. The EGR delete kit is cheap. The process of removing all of it is a pain in the A, especially draining the front radiator. The dam petcock is right behind the passenger fog lamp. Had to remove the fog lamp housing just to drain the dam radiator. Thanks Ford🙄

And yes, when the nannies are removed and a HP increase tune is loaded in, its a freak beast off the line on a boosted 4wd launch. 0-60 is probably around 5 seconds flat. Mind boggling for a 8,500lb truck.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:28 PM
Power_Stroking
Tuned
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Make a huge difference.

Cheers.
False. The ecm does not use any of the dpf/scr sensors to calculate fuel. The egt sensors are used to calculate the amount of fuel added to the dpf during regen to raise or lower temperatures, and to make sure the thing isn’t cooking. It uses the upstream and downstream nox sensors to calculate nox obviously and through that it can determine dpf efficiency. Fuel is controlled by load sensors on or around the engine area ie maf, map, ebp, iat 1/2 etc etc. if the ecm/tune were unable to make fuel adjustments your truck would run like crap or not at all.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:31 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 20fordmastertech18
False. The ecm does not use any of the dpf/scr sensors to calculate fuel. The egt sensors are used to calculate the amount of fuel added to the dpf during regen to raise or lower temperatures, and to make sure the thing isn’t cooking. It uses the upstream and downstream nox sensors to calculate nox obviously and through that it can determine dpf efficiency. Fuel is controlled by load sensors on or around the engine area ie maf, map, ebp, iat 1/2 etc etc. if the ecm/tune were unable to make fuel adjustments your truck would run like crap or not at all.
This is a Delete thread. All the NOX sensors are gone, all the EGT sensors are gone.
Explain to me how the computer knows if its running rich or lean after all the exhaust sensors are removed, please?
And why is fuel mileage poor when outside temps are low? I do not live in a state that ever gets #1 winter diesel. So the fuel is not a factor.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:52 AM
Adam R
More Turbo
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts
Make a huge difference.

Cheers.
Amazing amount of fiction in one post.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:51 AM
zeroo
Cargo Master
Received 493 Likes on 273 Posts
Originally Posted by brendanlush
L

I have mine deleted (2017), I went with a 5” down pipe back exhaust with the EZlynk PPEI tune and an S&B intake even so some people say you don’t need intakes on the new trucks. I decided to go with the oem no exhaust tune because, hell these trucks have enough juice from the factory.
Whats your smoke level with stock hp tune? I plan on doing this but with some sort of muffler.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:03 AM
Power_Stroking
Tuned
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
This is a Delete thread. All the NOX sensors are gone, all the EGT sensors are gone.
Explain to me how the computer knows if its running rich or lean after all the exhaust sensors are removed, please?
And why is fuel mileage poor when outside temps are low? I do not live in a state that ever gets #1 winter diesel. So the fuel is not a factor.
Specifically to a powerstroke it is able to read individual injector flow in grams per second and can compare that with engine load sensors such as your mass air flow and map sensor and then create a calculation of lean or rich. Again nox sensors read oxides of nitrogen to determine dpf efficiency not to calculate fuel. Also again, if you took away the trucks ability for it to change a/f ratio how do you suppose it would run considering a “stock” truck is changing that ratio literally every single second?

Quick Reply: Deletes