Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone tried the New Gen 2 Milwaukee Impact Wrench 2767-20

AMAZON Milwaukee 2767-20 AMAZON Milwaukee 2767-20

Old 02-12-2019, 03:58 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
I'm a H-U-G-E fan of Milwaukee tools in general, have almost nothing but whether in corded, bench tools or cordless. Just can't say enough good things about the entire line.

I'm not yet a big convert to the 18V cordless stuff, M12 is in big time rotation for my work tools. I'd cruise YouTube for that impact model and see what the real-time unpaid "reviewers" are saying. I've seen a few reviews of Milwaukee's 18V impacts and the higher torque models are said to rival pneumatic versions.

I do have an 18V 6" circular saw, battery life is simply amazing. If the need ever arises I'll not hesitate to buy another 18V Milwaukee.

BTW that same impact can be found on eBay as a bare tool only for less than $150: Milwaukee 2767-20

Old 02-14-2019, 05:15 AM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,739 Likes on 1,330 Posts
I'm a M18 Fuel guy for life! Did some trading for a 3/8 impact a few years ago and absolutely love it! I picked up a drill and driver on Black Friday, and I want to get one of those 1/2" guns very soon.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:41 AM
Kurttb1
Senior User
Originally Posted by JWA
I'm a H-U-G-E fan of Milwaukee tools in general, have almost nothing but whether in corded, bench tools or cordless. Just can't say enough good things about the entire line.

I'm not yet a big convert to the 18V cordless stuff, M12 is in big time rotation for my work tools. I'd cruise YouTube for that impact model and see what the real-time unpaid "reviewers" are saying. I've seen a few reviews of Milwaukee's 18V impacts and the higher torque models are said to rival pneumatic versions.

I do have an 18V 6" circular saw, battery life is simply amazing. If the need ever arises I'll not hesitate to buy another 18V Milwaukee.

BTW that same impact can be found on eBay as a bare tool only for less than $150: Milwaukee 2767-20
Yes the problem with buying thru Ebay or Amazon is warranty. Milwaukee only honors full warranty from date of purchase from Authorized Retailers otherwize they use the serial# of the tool & use it's manufactured date. Which means if you bought a tool that was sitting on a Shelf for a few years and purchased it from a non-authorized retailer then you lose at least 2 years if not more from your warranty period...if any.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:53 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Amazon and some eBay sellers are authorized resellers just like the local stores where prices are higher. Of course before buying online you should ask the seller if they're indeed authorized to sell new Milwaukee tools. Since Milwaukee has recently added new versions of their M18 impact tools with new model numbers you have that as a way to date the tools offered up.

I've bought nearly every Milwaukee cordless tool I own online and have yet to experience an issue with a warranty issue not being covered. Of course I've had almost no issues with Milwaukee tools up to and well past their 5 year coverage.

Personally with their level of quality I just can't justify spending sometimes nearly twice as much for a new tool just because its sold in a brick & mortar location.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:45 AM
Kurttb1
Senior User
I agree with what you say, other than the possibility of getting a lemon such as one that works but not with the power it is supposed to have when New or Undamaged. I've bought hundreds of things online and find that very few have unexpected issues, however I am very cautious. Recently I returned a new Echo gas blower due to the box being previously opened (sold as New) and the box also showing signs of being dropped or crunched possibly between a wall and moving machinery.

Nevertheless I just turned down the purchase of a sold as NEW 2767-20 Impact Wrench for 189.99 the best price I have seen online anywhere, but the seller accepted NO RETURNS so I didn't want to go thru the possible hassle of trying to explain to ebay why the seller should take the item back, etc..

Your right about price though, I've taken many a calculated chance just due to price, and have been very lucky. I lost about 35.00 last Sept when I ordered a carburetor spacer from a website called ALETRADE, at the time I couldn't find anything bad about them on the internet. Just recently, I checked again and have found they are on the bad list.

I'm glad to hear Milwaukee has a great reputation makes me feel better about the Line Trimmer kit I recently bought that was reg $299.00 marked down to $199.00. Had a charger and a 9 Ah HD battery which actually would cost about $250.00 just by themselves -primarily why I bought it other than me having a nearly new Sawzall sitting around for the last five years due to the old battery going bad.

Looking at some of the kits now on sale at home depot , they have a five tool set marked down to $279.00 50% off.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:00 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Even if the seller says no returns eBay's Buyer Protection policy has them holding the seller responsible if a delivered item isn't as described or promised----this overrides what a seller says. I believe that "no returns" bit is for buyers who decide they don't want something and try to return it for a major bit of the original purchase price.

Amazon is a bit more "buyer's remorse" friendly regarding returning an item no longer wanted. I've returned several things bought a bit too quickly, their return shipping costs pretty fair over all.

These are just my experiences but I totally understand hesitation to buy online---its not for everyone.

For the multi-tool kits or sets sold by Home Depot etc---I've never really wanted or needed the selection included so never really looked too deeply into those. Having a mess of Milwaukee batteries and chargers already I buy the bare tools only which so far has worked out fairly well. That being said I'm highly tempted to buy one of the M18 impact guns to drag around for roadside tire changes if that's ever needed. Then again I've not changed a flat since 2002 so that purchase might wait a bit.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Kurttb1
Senior User
Yes I agee with your comments about Ebay's Buyer Protection Plan, I have used it a few times. And your right about Amazon's very good return policy, especially if it is sold by one of the Amazon entities.

For your info, I had purchased the Milwaukee Impact 2767-20 from Home Depot for 249.00 with deliver and tax it came to 263.74, Fed Ex lost this one so the order was cancelled by Home Depot, rather than buy another one from home depot I purchased one from Ebay seller for $223.92 and saved $40.00 and still got the full factory warrantee.

Old 03-03-2019, 06:42 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Good news then---I'll be interested how much you love or hate the new impact. If that seller is in fact CPOMilwaukee they're a great outfit---I still buy several older 12 volt batteries from them each year. Between several friends in my same business we're all using the older 12 volt caulking guns which are probably just a bit better than the newest 18 volt versions. Plus I own about 12 of them nearly new so keeping them healthy is just smart.

For some reason I'm highly tempted to jump on one of these----the only thing holding me back is I have no real "need"---not that that's ever stopped me buying good tool. I could use another at least 5.0 battery and perhaps a car charger as I'd carry this on the work truck for changing a flat tire if that's ever necessary.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:09 AM
Kurttb1
Senior User
Don't know if CPO Milwaukee is tied to the seller, might be. I'm still waiting for the impact to arrive. I recently purchased a Line Trimmer with a 9.0ah battery so I think that should be a good match on the impact also.

Found out the New batteries do not fit my old sawzall so I ordered an adapter for $35.00 instead of replacing the old battery.
I think having it handy in the truck is a great idea too.

I have read nothing but praise about this Impact but it might be just Milwaukee fans building it up against others.

Old 03-04-2019, 04:56 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Kurttb1
Don't know if CPO Milwaukee is tied to the seller, might be. I'm still waiting for the impact to arrive. I recently purchased a Line Trimmer with a 9.0ah battery so I think that should be a good match on the impact also.

Found out the New batteries do not fit my old sawzall so I ordered an adapter for $35.00 instead of replacing the old battery.
I think having it handy in the truck is a great idea too.

I have read nothing but praise about this Impact but it might be just Milwaukee fans building it up against others.
I got surprised when a gifted M18 battery from a 3/8" older impact wouldn't fit my newer M18 6" circular saw----the impact's battery wasn't high enough capacity for the saw. Milwaukee added a "key" to the battery mount preventing a too small battery being used--probably a wise idea.

I'd be interested in the adapter you mention---is it a Milwaukee part?

As for other Milwaukee owners touting this impact---if that gawdawful DeWalt brand was even halfway close to be comparable they'd be bashing Milwaukee to death. Could be Milwaukee has just hit on a good design and its catching on.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:29 AM
Kurttb1
Senior User
Originally Posted by JWA
I got surprised when a gifted M18 battery from a 3/8" older impact wouldn't fit my newer M18 6" circular saw----the impact's battery wasn't high enough capacity for the saw. Milwaukee added a "key" to the battery mount preventing a too small battery being used--probably a wise idea.

I'd be interested in the adapter you mention---is it a Milwaukee part?

As for other Milwaukee owners touting this impact---if that gawdawful DeWalt brand was even halfway close to be comparable they'd be bashing Milwaukee to death. Could be Milwaukee has just hit on a good design and its catching on.
Here is a picture with information on the adapter I purchased from Ebay... still waiting for it though so I haven't had a chance to use it. I put a battery on the Impact Gun today seems to run ok, It might be awhile till I can get it on a lug nut, my mom was just put into Hospice, so I've been visiting her as much as I can.
Here's the pic!

Here is a link for another seller looks like same but cheaper may not be the best seller have to figure who you want to trust!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Adapter...0AAOSwmXpcBUJr

LINK for other seller

Last edited by Kurttb1; 03-06-2019 at 01:41 AM. Reason: add link
Old 03-06-2019, 05:56 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Milwaukee's biggest goof in a while has been that Ill-fated V-Series of their tools. While the tools themselves were great batteries were very, very short lived, very costly to replace. They did introduce the M28 batteries which allowed the V28 tools to still be used but that wasn't much of a bargain when buying replacement batteries.

That adapter is good to know about----I'll keep on in my watch page at FleaBay. Thanks for the info and link.

Also sorry to hear about your Mom--visiting her now is more important than lug nuts. Hope she's resting well.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:16 AM
Kurttb1
Senior User
Just received the Adapter in the mail, hooked it up between my old sawzall and a new M18 Milwaukee battery and presto... Sawzall runs like mad....1st time in 20 years ??? Are they that old?

Old 03-13-2019, 12:17 AM
Kurttb1
Senior User

Quick Reply: Anyone tried the New Gen 2 Milwaukee Impact Wrench 2767-20