6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

EGR/DPF delete kit arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 08:53 PM
12F350
Cross-Country
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
EGR/DPF delete kit arrived!

2012 F-350 6.7/133k miles. ( have my second clogged EGR cooler core)
Just ordered a EGR delete kit, DPF delete kit with GDP Tuner and CP4 disaster preventive kit.
I know the lower EGR pipe bolts are notorious for seizing and breaking. I've been soaking them daily with PB Blaster.
Does anyone have any other tips or tricks on these installs before I get started ?

Old 01-08-2019, 05:51 AM
Deuce40s
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure the truck accepts your tune before you delete.
I didn't have any issues getting my EGR bolts out, but with any stuck bolts, heat is your friend.
The DPF is heavy and awkward so it helps to have a buddy on the other end.
A long pry bar is handy for popping off the rubber isolators on the exhaust hangers.

The hardest part for me that nobody talks about is unclipping the sensor cables from the DPF. Those little boogers are tough to finger.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:49 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Nice!! Post before and after and any photos if you would. Thanks!! Looking forward to hearing about it.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:10 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
They say 7 out of 10 break the bolts.. They are easy to drill I read as they are non ferrous. Cutting them or grinding them flush then a good center punch is key. Also a good drill set like Fastnal sells.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:31 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
I had two EGR coolers, wastegate, WG solenoid, two MAF sensors, at least two MAP sensors, turbo and a completely clogged cooler core at 32K miles....never looked back after the delete.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:34 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by golfmedik
I had two EGR coolers, wastegate, WG solenoid, two MAF sensors, at least two MAP sensors, turbo and a completely clogged cooler core at 32K miles....never looked back after the delete.
Monty, I didn't know you deleted. For some reason I thought you were waiting for warranty or something. Very cool. If I ever got one of these, it would be the first thing I would do. Sounds like you have been happy with it.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:18 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Monty, I didn't know you deleted. For some reason I thought you were waiting for warranty or something. Very cool. If I ever got one of these, it would be the first thing I would do. Sounds like you have been happy with it.
Byron, I deleted back right before the long trip to Myrtle Beach and the Kentucky G2G. I believe it was June 1st. I just couldn't trust it any longer in the shape she was in without throwing some kind of code or derating. So, after talking with Doug, Rodney and Josh, I made the jump and haven't looked back. Not trying to jinx myself, but she's done very well since then. They told me they could get me another one in a trade and my response was something to the effect that you can't fix this one, why would I want you to get me another. I truly have been happy with it. One thing I may should have done was get the muffler. It gets pretty loud up against the interstate jersey barriers...BUT, it doesn't bother me...just the wife and dogs LOL . But yes, I went with the nGauge Patriot with the SOTF ...Love it.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...ostcount=70177

Old 01-09-2019, 11:01 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Byron, I deleted back right before the long trip to Myrtle Beach and the Kentucky G2G. I believe it was June 1st. I just couldn't trust it any longer in the shape she was in without throwing some kind of code or derating. So, after talking with Doug, Rodney and Josh, I made the jump and haven't looked back. Not trying to jinx myself, but she's done very well since then. They told me they could get me another one in a trade and my response was something to the effect that you can't fix this one, why would I want you to get me another. I truly have been happy with it. One thing I may should have done was get the muffler. It gets pretty loud up against the interstate jersey barriers...BUT, it doesn't bother me...just the wife and dogs LOL . But yes, I went with the nGauge Patriot with the SOTF ...Love it.
Glad to hear it Monty! I have done two deletes on the ranch trucks where I last worked. They were Dmaxes, but what a difference it made. My neighbor had a deleted 6.7 and it was such nice sounding truck. No more DEF for you! Whoop!

Old 01-11-2019, 04:42 AM
airframer04
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delete

2014 @ 59998 and got the glorious countdown to 50mph for exhaust fluid fault....Livewire on the way and pipe. Can I run my EGR disconnected for a bit or is that a MUST to delete as well? My pockets aren’t deep

Old 01-11-2019, 05:20 AM
Deuce40s
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by airframer04

2014 @ 59998 and got the glorious countdown to 50mph for exhaust fluid fault....Livewire on the way and pipe. Can I run my EGR disconnected for a bit or is that a MUST to delete as well? My pockets aren’t deep
It's recommended to be blocked off, but it's not a necessity. You don't have to delete it, it can stay in place either blocked off or left alone.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:14 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by airframer04

It is recommended, but not required as stated above. I bought a plug kit from Shibby Engineering that has every plug needed to cap every plug you take apart under the truck and under the hood. That way, no cleaning the plugs when/if you need to put it back on the truck. Makes it very easy. My EGR is still on the truck, just comolcompl disconnected electrically. No oroblpro. The problem would come as a stuck valve after a while if you reinstall it. HowwHow, the EGR valve is not that expensive and can be changed out easily if need be.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:01 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
It is recommended, but not required as stated above. I bought a plug kit from Shibby Engineering that has every plug needed to cap every plug you take apart under the truck and under the hood. That way, no cleaning the plugs when/if you need to put it back on the truck. Makes it very easy. My EGR is still on the truck, just comolcompl disconnected electrically. No oroblpro. The problem would come as a stuck valve after a while if you reinstall it. HowwHow, the EGR valve is not that expensive and can be changed out easily if need be.
That is great info..thanks.. can you give a link to those plugs?

Old 01-14-2019, 09:20 PM
iron butterfly
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the bolts that usually give problems are the ones on the end of the exhaust manifold located in the valley. Its the pipe with the mounting bracket in the middle. What has worked for me is soak them with krooil then use an impact driver on them.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:29 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by capt caper
That is great info..thanks.. can you give a link to those plugs?
I can't get my phone to send it, but I think they are now available from www.doublerdiesel.com

Old 01-15-2019, 09:52 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Your '13 turbo is significantly louder at startup compared to what my '11 sounds like. I had reached my breaking point on failing emissions hardware as well.

Quick Reply: EGR/DPF delete kit arrived!