1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

classic truck and custom classic truck magazines

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 09:51 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 726 Likes on 259 Posts
classic truck and custom classic truck magazines

Well, I'm cleaning house. I've got Classic Truck and Custom & Classic Truck magazines back to the 90's. Everything I wanted from them
I've copied and filed...

They are kept in order (mostly) in magazines file boxes by year with a very few missing. (probably misfiled).

Anyone interested ??? Haven't weighed them but I'm pretty sure shipping would be a little bit ! be better to pick up if you can

let me know. I'd like to get them all gone at once instead of you picking specific issues you want., That would be a job and I don't want
another job.

There are about 10 boxes shown and there are probably another 10 behind those. Lots of reading and picture lookin

john

Old 11-21-2018, 10:15 AM
tip49
Cargo Master
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts
There must have been an intervention John, I am in the same position but with not quite as many.

It would be nice to recycle them to someone,

Old 11-21-2018, 10:25 AM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Same boat for me too. I've got the first issue of Truckin magazine, motorcycle magazines that go back into the 60's along with some old hot rod magazines back into the 60's. I've gotten to a point in my life where I have to say it's time for some if not all of this stuff to go. I'm sure I will be worm farming before any of this stuff becomes a valuable item to have collected.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:26 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts
With the internet and so much knowledge at our fingertips, I think keeping copies of old magazines is antiquated.

it might be best for your time and the environment to recycle them with your newspapers.

I used to keep back copies of This Old Truck and Vintage Truck. After thinking about it and the mandatory consultation with my wife I recycled them. Having said all that, last week I came across a box of old soccer magazines from the late 70s and early 80s. I was going to put them in the recycle bin... But after looking through them I only threw out two.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:33 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Yea Tom, I hate to throw them out when some new guy might get some use from them. Years ago (60-70's) I worked with a guy who's dad passed away. He was a tv repairman and tinkerer in electronics. My buddy knew I was a fledgling ham operator and asked if I wanted some of his old magazines. I jumped at it and when loaded it was a pickup bed full of boxes. Lots and lots of good electronic stuff from past years. I went thru every one of them page by page and cut out a stack of articles and diagrams of circuits a foot high. Passed a lot of time on night shift doing that.

Truck mags have slipped for a few years. I can't imagine doing a project with an article with too few words and 1.5" pictures for instructions. That's why when I write an article I explain it as well as I can and have large pics. Picture worth a thousand words ?? I give you a picture AND a thousand words. !! Back in the computer days I wrote technical instruction books for computer system users in a steel mill. I had to learn to write on a 4th grade level... Like "Push the start button" and then have a picture of the start button. I think the average reading level in the US is about 7-8 grade... but I was dealing with steelworkers. IQ level there somewhat lower.

Maybe someone will want them ... I'll make it a Christmas Present

j

Old 11-21-2018, 10:39 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
here's one for you Drew
60 years old !!!

Old 11-21-2018, 07:59 PM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jniolon
here's one for you Drew
60 years old !!!

Don't know if I could toss a 50's magazine.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:37 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
nah Drew... those are filed away and protected with plastic covers... maybe my grandson can sell them to buy a car or something

Old 11-21-2018, 08:53 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,130 Likes on 2,655 Posts
That's a cool little roadster on that cover but wonder how many times an arm was burnt on that pipe...lol

Old 11-21-2018, 09:39 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts
Are the three trucks, Ford, Chevy, and Dodge, at the bottom of the cover all 1958 models?

Old 11-22-2018, 12:55 AM
CBeav
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe ask the local library if they'd be interested in them ? I just bought a couple issues from the '50s to research a project I'm working on, the least expensive I could find were on ebay Cost was about thirty dollars with shipping.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:46 AM
artscott61
Fleet Mechanic
Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts
John I know it hurts to throw away stuff we have collected and used since it is really part of our past. I am in the mind set that I am getting rid of a lot of items that I don't think I will need but it hurts. I have decided that it is time to do this and I will give to a user instead if junk it. I have two e-brake cables someone can have that go to a 70's 9" that I bought and did not need to. We had to clean out my mothers house a few months ago as we moved her into assisted living. Right then I said that I would not do that to our daughter so cleaning out is what we are doing. I guess so that we can start over.I wish I could use the magazines I love looking at the old stuff. Hope all have a good Thanksgiving.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:16 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 543 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Drewski 2
Same boat for me too. I've got the first issue of Truckin magazine, motorcycle magazines that go back into the 60's along with some old hot rod magazines back into the 60's. I've gotten to a point in my life where I have to say it's time for some if not all of this stuff to go. I'm sure I will be worm farming before any of this stuff becomes a valuable item to have collected.
Couldnt wait for the new Truckin to come out in the early 80s. They use to represent our old iron very well. But alas all good things must come to an end.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:28 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,130 Likes on 2,655 Posts
I have a bunch of the same mags to through out but wondered if placing them in a waiting room for some reading pleasure and maybe spread the bug to others..

Old 11-22-2018, 05:58 PM
armyaviation
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John, I am down in SE Alabama, talked to you on the phone a couple months ago. If I am ever up near you I would love to have them. How far from Montgomery are you

Quick Reply: classic truck and custom classic truck magazines