2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Multi-contour seat questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 10:58 AM
LCA078
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Multi-contour seat questions

I'd like to order a 2019 KR with the multi-contour seats but without the moonroof. From my research, the only way to get the massaging multi-contour seats is to order the KR Ultimate package which includes the moonroof. Seems like it's a package deal: massaging seats=moonroof. Is this right? (this is one of the few times I hope I'm wrong).

By the way, how does the massaging feature work? Does it just inflate/deflate the airbags to "massage"? If so, I also guess that means that without the multi-contour seats, there is significantly less fine adjustment of the seat to be comfortable.

Let me know if I'm off base because I've read so much about the current seats being not too comfortable. And being 6'2" and 240 with a beat up back, I just want to make sure what I'm getting into. I've sat in the seats at the dealerships (XLT vs. Lariat vs. KR) and the KR seats are the most comfortable (but not as much as they should be compared to a lot of my old vehicles).

Old 11-12-2018, 11:57 AM
f350ktm
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When I ordered my '17 I had to get the massage seats to get other items I wanted.

I thought they were a silly idea and expected to never turn them on.

Wrong.
They are amazing, I use them on any drive more than just a few miles. The wife turns hers on as soon as she gets in the truck.
They inflate and deflate individual sections in rotation.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:05 PM
FOURBYBUD
Senior User
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
They are AWESOME!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2018, 03:48 PM
TireFryer426
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
On the King Ranch, yeah that looks to be the case...
It looks like you could do a platinum with the massaging seats and no moonroof.
Maybe talk to the dealer and see if they can submit a custom order on the KR and delete the moonroof.

https://www.ford.com/services/assets...Duty&year=2019

Old 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
I drive a lot. About 35,000 miles a year. I have used my massaging seats and not impressed at all. I almost never turn them on because of the non benefit.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Ben Elliott
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LCA078
I'd like to order a 2019 KR with the multi-contour seats but without the moonroof. From my research, the only way to get the massaging multi-contour seats is to order the KR Ultimate package which includes the moonroof. Seems like it's a package deal: massaging seats=moonroof. Is this right? (this is one of the few times I hope I'm wrong).

By the way, how does the massaging feature work? Does it just inflate/deflate the airbags to "massage"? If so, I also guess that means that without the multi-contour seats, there is significantly less fine adjustment of the seat to be comfortable.

Let me know if I'm off base because I've read so much about the current seats being not too comfortable. And being 6'2" and 240 with a beat up back, I just want to make sure what I'm getting into. I've sat in the seats at the dealerships (XLT vs. Lariat vs. KR) and the KR seats are the most comfortable (but not as much as they should be compared to a lot of my old vehicles).

coming from a LTZ to a 19 KR it took a little adjusting, maybe 3 weeks or so, but now find the KR sears really comfortable. IMO get the panoramic roof in the KR. The interior is darker then I like- but the panoramic roof lightens it up and makes the burnt orange leather stand out nicely.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:55 AM
KCRebel
More Turbo
Received 112 Likes on 62 Posts
Second the pano sunroof and massaging seats. The sunroof has been a welcomed surprise for me as it brightens up the interior but more importantly makes the cab feel bigger. I'm 6'3 so more times than not if I'm wearing a baseball cap I'm nearly touching the headliner in many vehicles. The pano buys you several more inches of headroom when opened and I have more room with it closed than in any vehicle I have driven to date. Wife loves the massaging seats. First thing she does is turn them on as soon as she gets in the truck and is quick to turn them back on when they time out. Personally I don't like or dislike them. Most times I forget about them but my wife always wants to take my truck so she can use the massaging seats. Happy wife = Happy Life.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:52 AM
TireFryer426
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I ordered mine without the moon-roof and the dealer accidentally ordered it anyway. After having the truck for a month, I have to say I actually really like it.
I test drove a platinum with the massaging seats before I ordered mine, and I really just felt they were gimmicky and not something I'd ever use.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:59 PM
RobRoy7768
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love the seats! They just help with blood flow. When your legs start to go a little numb, they cure it quick. The back rest ones however do nothing for me. They seem to work great for my dad though as I have to kick him out of my truck every time.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:14 PM
D3thM3tal
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love mine for long drives and I agree with the sunroof for head room and light into the cabin. I was towing through a super nasty rain storm and my son in the back seat loved pointing out the lightning that he could see everywhere with the sun shield open.

Old 11-13-2018, 04:54 PM
VR4
Junior User
We sat in a Platinum with the massaging seats, and I thought they'd be good. Sitting in the same position on a trip I always start to ache after a while. I thought that the seat action - it seems like rollers or as somebody said, air pockets inflating/deflating - would help a lot to keep my muscles from tightening up. So, short version is I would not mind having them.
I thought, though, that the only way you could get them was in the Platinum Ultimate package. Not going to be able to spring for that, so I figured I'd live without them or find something aftermarket that went on the seat. Is there in fact a way to order them separately? Or are they also available in the KR Ultimate... we are looking at Lariats, which don't seem to have any way to get them.

Old 11-13-2018, 07:03 PM
Ben Elliott
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VR4
We sat in a Platinum with the massaging seats, and I thought they'd be good. Sitting in the same position on a trip I always start to ache after a while. I thought that the seat action - it seems like rollers or as somebody said, air pockets inflating/deflating - would help a lot to keep my muscles from tightening up. So, short version is I would not mind having them.
I thought, though, that the only way you could get them was in the Platinum Ultimate package. Not going to be able to spring for that, so I figured I'd live without them or find something aftermarket that went on the seat. Is there in fact a way to order them separately? Or are they also available in the KR Ultimate... we are looking at Lariats, which don't seem to have any way to get them.
you can get everything in a king ranch vs a platinum I believe. My KR basically has every option . I have messaging seats and the moonroof ect. I think a loaded KR is actually more expensive then a platinum because the KR has a chrome package for $2k that the platinum doesn’t offer.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:24 PM
K-tung
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by srkr
I drive a lot. About 35,000 miles a year. I have used my massaging seats and not impressed at all. I almost never turn them on because of the non benefit.
Same here. I’m 6’2” with a bad back and specifically bought the MCS to help with the long drives. Could just be my back regardless of which seat, but I honestly can’t even tell when they’re on.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:29 PM
f350ktm
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When our truck was new my wife noticed the massage function on one seat was very different than the other.

Then we figured out the intensity of the massage function is adjustable.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:47 AM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
I have the messaging seats in both my cars. The wife and I love them especially on those long RVing trips.

Quick Reply: Multi-contour seat questions