Markus Luukko
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Turbonetics T4

Ive been shopping around for a T4 kit and up until know ive only seen 2 kits
Carson Stauffer Diesel
and Irate Diesel
Well I found a new kit
Turbonetics T4 Kit made by Obsession Diesel Performance.
This kit looks nicer than the other 2 and it doesn’t use irates stupid oil feed and drain design.
picutres attached

Old 10-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Markus Luukko
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Markus Luukko
Ive been shopping around for a T4 kit and up until know ive only seen 2 kits
Carson Stauffer Diesel
and Irate Diesel
Well I found a new kit
Turbonetics T4 Kit made by Obsession Diesel Performance.
This kit looks nicer than the other 2 and it doesn’t use irates stupid oil feed and drain design.
picutres attached
Guess pictures aren’t attached, oh well

Old 10-23-2018, 07:10 AM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 579 Likes on 374 Posts
Looks....that doesn't mean anything. I'd be looking for people that have actually installed it and are able to provide feedback on the installation. That said, while the CSD kit might leave a little to be desired, you have a vast community right here to guide you through the install....right here.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:45 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Not sure this is the right thread but whatever. sorry.

When I do another t4 I will do it different. Assuming it is in a superduty truck I will use the CSD up pipes, Mounting plate in the valley, downpipe oil supply/return, and intake from filter to turbo.

Changes to make. I will modify the stock intake Y (remove the "hot" side of it so it is just the cold side), and drivers side intercooler piping (add what is needed to get it to the t4 style turbo).

Old 10-23-2018, 08:15 AM
Markus Luukko
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Dan V
Looks....that doesn't mean anything. I'd be looking for people that have actually installed it and are able to provide feedback on the installation. That said, while the CSD kit might leave a little to be desired, you have a vast community right here to guide you through the install....right here.
Carson’s kit could have some improvements, don’t feel like dealing with a 1 piece downpipe.
You also only get 1 intercooler pipe, I’d need 2 or to have the other one powder coated.
Irate uses a dumb oil feed and I don’t really feel like tapping a hole in the block.
There aren’t many people on here with T4 that actually post either and the seller of this kit is very helpful.
Just putting it out there, giving people another option.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:32 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
https://www.riffraffdiesel.com/passenger-side-cac-intercooler-pipe-99-03-7-3l/

Old 10-23-2018, 08:33 AM
Dan V
Lead Driver
You get the drivers side CAC pipe, and use your existing passenger side CAC pipe. I guess you could order a OEM passenger side CAC pipe. I think they are less than $100.

If I would have had the time, I would have combined the MBRP downpipe and the CSD downpipe (basically the T4 v-band and elbow) and fit that in there. That would have saved a bunch of jacking around with the exhaust. The pinch weld on the firewall is what caused an issue for me as well as it not lining up with the OEM exhaust pipe path.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:01 AM
Markus Luukko
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Dan V
You get the drivers side CAC pipe, and use your existing passenger side CAC pipe. I guess you could order a OEM passenger side CAC pipe. I think they are less than $100.

If I would have had the time, I would have combined the MBRP downpipe and the CSD downpipe (basically the T4 v-band and elbow) and fit that in there. That would have saved a bunch of jacking around with the exhaust. The pinch weld on the firewall is what caused an issue for me as well as it not lining up with the OEM exhaust pipe path.
So you think if I had the same issue and bent the pinch weld back a tad it would work?

Old 10-23-2018, 09:38 AM
mcnance865
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a thread last week where this kit got mentioned. (Might have been on another forum). But this kit's piping was made/coated some special way I can't remember that technically made them a lot higher quality and they should keep the shine. However, I think you pay quite handsomely for this quality.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:41 AM
akcooper9
Laughing Gas
Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts
This kit looks nicer than the other 2
'Looks" just because its shiny??

Lets see some real world feedback on fit an finish. I suspect it has its own set of issues. Also Im not a fan of all the clamp together pieces. To many failure points if you ask me. And at 1900 dollars no thanks.

IMHO CSD has the best design. I do think he really needs to sit down with his pipe bender and have a heart to heart conversation though.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:46 AM
akcooper9
Laughing Gas
Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
Not sure this is the right thread but whatever. sorry.

When I do another t4...I will modify the stock intake Y (remove the "hot" side of it so it is just the cold side)
Here are some pictures from folks who have done this:

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99...tml#post989026

Old 10-23-2018, 10:07 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Can the oem DP be used with this/csd/kt/irate setup?

Old 10-23-2018, 10:09 AM
Markus Luukko
More Turbo
Originally Posted by akcooper9
'Looks" just because its shiny??

Lets see some real world feedback on fit an finish. I suspect it has its own set of issues. Also Im not a fan of all the clamp together pieces. To many failure points if you ask me. And at 1900 dollars no thanks.

IMHO CSD has the best design. I do think he really needs to sit down with his pipe bender and have a heart to heart conversation though.
Yeah.....no
Other people have said this is the nicest kit out there, I’m simply looking for people who have used this kit. Your speculation is simply a guess, i don’t mind spending more money for a better kit.
And that’s exactly it I’m not going to spend 1600$ for CSD’s kit and a new ic pipe when his DP sucks.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:31 AM
Dan V
Lead Driver

So you think if I had the same issue and bent the pinch weld back a tad it would work?
Mine needed about 1/4' more clearance, so once you have the DP out you could adjust the pinch weld. The DP fits right in this little corner of the firewall pinch weld.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Silverhks
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
Changes to make. I will modify the stock intake Y (remove the "hot" side of it so it is just the cold side), and drivers side intercooler piping (add what is needed to get it to the t4 style turbo).
Would you mind expounding on why you would make those changes?

Quick Reply: Turbonetics T4