Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Fitting new born triplets.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 03:09 PM
L-ight
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Fitting new born triplets.....

Well I found out I am having triplets last week and wondering (or know anyone who has) if I can fit 3 car seats in the back of my 2003 F250 Lariat? The thought of selling this truck and getting an Excursion has crossed my mind as well.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:19 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
There was a thread on here about a year ago asking nearly the same question. I know there are people on the FTE in similar situations.

I think the thread had car seat in the subject of you have time to search for it. I am on my phone at the moment and cannot put myself through the pain of searching right now.

If you haven't found it soon, I will hop on my laptop and see if I can find it.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:20 PM
DieselDenny
Cargo Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
First and foremost: Congratulations. That's a lottery ticket for sure.

My go to, would be keep the truck and buy a suitable/safe suv for the spouse that has grocery space.

Otherwise if you can't do that...........time to say goodbye to the truck.

Family is paramount and your spouse won't like climbing on a running board clutching children out of the seats. Especially rearward as required.

Again Congrats!!!

Denny

Old 09-19-2018, 03:24 PM
DieselDenny
Cargo Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Afterthought: You could always tap this forum for someone that has an Ex that's looking for something with a box. It's not a for sale thread so it's more of a discussion and I think it would be allowed.

Denny (again, congrats)

Old 09-19-2018, 03:33 PM
Baatzy
Laughing Gas
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
If you have a crew cab it'll work.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:38 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats. Looking at your prior threads you are just fine with the crew cab. We have 2 adults and 4 kids. 1 rear facing 1 front facing harness and 1 booster.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:49 PM
L-ight
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
There was a thread on here about a year ago asking nearly the same question. I know there are people on the FTE in similar situations.

I think the thread had car seat in the subject of you have time to search for it. I am on my phone at the moment and cannot put myself through the pain of searching right now.

If you haven't found it soon, I will hop on my laptop and see if I can find it.
No worries. I will do a search. Thanks.

Originally Posted by DieselDenny
First and foremost: Congratulations. That's a lottery ticket for sure.

My go to, would be keep the truck and buy a suitable/safe suv for the spouse that has grocery space.

Otherwise if you can't do that...........time to say goodbye to the truck.

Family is paramount and your spouse won't like climbing on a running board clutching children out of the seats. Especially rearward as required.

Again Congrats!!!

Denny
Thanks!! Well we do have a Suburban that we will be using primarily, but it is always good to have back-up. Actually my wife drives a 2016 Jeep Latitude and I drive the 03 F250. Her mom is going to let us use her Suburban (her business vehicle) for a while until we find something. Even though the Jeep gets decent mpg it won't be practical at all with 3 kids. The back seats are cramped. The only good thing is it has decent storage in the back. Good thing is we aren't upside at all on her vehicle. My truck def has some space in the back cab as well as a truck bed, but on rainy days it would be useless to travel around with the strollers in the back. They will be all wet. Another thing is I could sell my truck for a really good profit (got a great deal on it from my father) and put that towards another large suv. Last option was getting myself a nice leveled Excursion lol. I do find using the running board (well now side steps) are easier to step on and get things from inside the cab. That is me though. Again thanks!

Originally Posted by DieselDenny
Afterthought: You could always tap this forum for someone that has an Ex that's looking for something with a box. It's not a for sale thread so it's more of a discussion and I think it would be allowed.

Denny (again, congrats)
I will look into that. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Baatzy
If you have a crew cab it'll work.
Yes I do.

Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
Congrats. Looking at your prior threads you are just fine with the crew cab. We have 2 adults and 4 kids. 1 rear facing 1 front facing harness and 1 booster.
Where in the heck are the harness latches? I saw one on the driver side behind the bench seat when I had my nephew's car seat, but I could not spot any others.

Old 09-19-2018, 04:35 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't use them. The seats I have can all be installed with the regular seatbelts. Read the owners manual before you buy them. I was lucky to use toys r us before they closed. I took about 10 different display units out to the parking lot 2 at a time and installed them in the truck to decide what to purchase.

Old 09-19-2018, 04:45 PM
viperman86
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
time to get a cheap van

Old 09-19-2018, 05:56 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats! Get some sleep, you're gonna need it!

I'd think you'd have no issue with installed the bases with removable seats, but fixed seats might be a bit wide. Measure 2x install 1x.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:32 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by L-ight
Well I found out I am having triplets last week and wondering (or know anyone who has) if I can fit 3 car seats in the back of my 2003 F250 Lariat? The thought of selling this truck and getting an Excursion has crossed my mind as well.
Have kids they said, it’ll be fun they said…. But seriously congratulations. Regarding will they fit, I would guess most of us grew up riding in the back of our parents trucks. Unfortunately, in today’s world they frown upon that and that explains a lot society today. Good luck you’re going to need it! :drinks:

When you need to laugh: Go the F**k to Sleep
Amazon Amazon

Old 09-19-2018, 10:44 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,591 Likes on 1,296 Posts
Originally Posted by viperman86
time to get a cheap van
x2. Load in and out is much easier with the big doors. We had a van (Olds Silly) and exploder when our 2 were little. Van almost every time for any kind of trip.

Serving suggestion.

Also, my last remaining baby tip:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Depend-In...RoCsT0QAvD_BwE

Buy these by the bale and use them for changing pads when you travel, in the car, at someone's house etc. You can change all 3 on one pad for a little while. If you have an "Exxon Valdez" moment, you roll it up and toss it, instead of buying a new carpet/bed spread etc.

Serving suggestions, congrats and learn to sleep when you can.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:17 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Crew Cab, 3 car seats, no problem.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:19 AM
RigCity
Laughing Gas
Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts
There are 3 car seat attachment hooks across the back of the cab.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:28 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Congrats man!..glad its you though

Quick Reply: Fitting new born triplets.....