???? SYNC 3 VERSION 3.0 Update?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 01:58 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
???? SYNC 3 VERSION 3.0 Update?

Hi Boys and girls,

I was just on the OwnerFord website and it looks like there`s a new SYNC 3 version 3.0 update. The reason that I said 3.0 is because this is what the website says so more than likely it`s just an enhancement to the version 3.0 which most are currently running.

Also, in my F150 which is hooked up to my home network, on the SYNC screen it started to update via WiFi but i`m not sure if it`s going to happen this way or not so i`ll just keep my fingers crossed and report back if it worked or not.

I hope this info helps you guys out.

Have a great day.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:55 PM
ecoboost12
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank You Oh Great and Powerful GABAR!!

Old 08-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Beachums
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GABAR
Hi Boys and girls,

I was just on the OwnerFord website and it looks like there`s a new SYNC 3 version 3.0 update. The reason that I said 3.0 is because this is what the website says so more than likely it`s just an enhancement to the version 3.0 which most are currently running.

Also, in my F150 which is hooked up to my home network, on the SYNC screen it started to update via WiFi but i`m not sure if it`s going to happen this way or not so i`ll just keep my fingers crossed and report back if it worked or not.

I hope this info helps you guys out.

Have a great day.
I've been struggling with this for awhile now. It tells me that it is downloading a file. It never shows me any progress. When I went to the owner's page, it tells me that my system is up to date.
I am hoping that somewhere in one of these updates, Ford decides to put the outdoor temp overlay on All screens....but that's just my wish.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:06 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Hey boys and girls. I`m happy to report that the SYNC 3 system in my F150 updated via WiFi and yes, it`s still says version 3.0 so as I said, more than likely it was just an enhancement to 3.0.

I hope you guys and girls have a trouble free WiFi update as well.

Have a great evening.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:31 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Took about 15 minutes to download and transfer files to usb, then to sync. Only took 5 minutes to install to truck, and like what was said before, no indication of a different version on the "about" screen.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:40 PM
makraus1964
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by msgtord
Took about 15 minutes to download and transfer files to usb, then to sync. Only took 5 minutes to install to truck, and like what was said before, no indication of a different version on the "about" screen.
when you put the usb in, did it update automatically or did you have to do anything?

Old 10-23-2018, 07:35 PM
Kenelz
New User
Must be nice to get it working at all. I downloaded the app, connected with the truck, and it does nothing. I deleted, and started over. The videos show a start button and the like, all mine shows is the fuel status, and mileage in KM when I click on the vehicle icon.
It sure is frustrating.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:50 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by makraus1964

when you put the usb in, did it update automatically or did you have to do anything?
. Nope. Started truck, inserted usb. It does take abit before you get the installing notification.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:52 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Kenelz
Must be nice to get it working at all. I downloaded the app, connected with the truck, and it does nothing. I deleted, and started over. The videos show a start button and the like, all mine shows is the fuel status, and mileage in KM when I click on the vehicle icon.
It sure is frustrating.
Are you talking about Android auto or car play? This thread is about updating sync 3.

What app are you referring to?

Old 10-25-2018, 09:02 AM
Mud Doc
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Need some help on Sync 3 updating--I'm pretty dumb about techy things like this. My early make '17 450 appears to have Sync 3 version 2.0, at least that is the best I can find out. Have tried connecting to good wifi and hitting 'get updates' but all it does is have the spinning circle for as long as I can stand to look at it.
Any directions on what I need to do--I am wanting to get Waze onto the nav screen. Have read several posts but can't get any of it done.
Thanks,
Joe

Old 10-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Mud Doc
Need some help on Sync 3 updating--I'm pretty dumb about techy things like this. My early make '17 450 appears to have Sync 3 version 2.0, at least that is the best I can find out. Have tried connecting to good wifi and hitting 'get updates' but all it does is have the spinning circle for as long as I can stand to look at it.
Any directions on what I need to do--I am wanting to get Waze onto the nav screen. Have read several posts but can't get any of it done.
Thanks,
Joe
The wifi update is pretty hit or miss, plus its a big file so it could take a very long time. Easiest way is to log into the ford owners site and follow the instructions for installing off a flash drive. It will still take a good half hour so get comfy in your truck lol. You can also use waze with it through android auto if you have an android phone, I think you can use it though apple carplay too but i believe it needs the update to work. Either of those options require the phone be plugged into the truck via usb.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:38 PM
function12
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks,
Joe
I believe the file is to large for WiFi update. You will have to go the USB way.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:31 PM
Mud Doc
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks, I'll work on that.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:03 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Thanks, I'll work on that.
USB is the way to go for different versions such as going from 2.0 to 3.0 but mini/enhanced updates, such as the one that was released about a month ago for 3.0, sometimes they can be done via WiFi. I was able to do this mini update via WiFi and others reported the same thing but many had to use the USB again. Hit or miss with WiFi so don`t get discouraged if WiFi doesn`t work for you.

Have a great weekend.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:17 PM
Chris Kelly
New User
What is the current version of sync 3? When I turn on my WiFi, I get this message but it never downloads. When I go to Ford's Sync website, it tells me that I am current (JR3T-14G381-AL). If I am current, why is it trying to download?
. I want to compare my 'current' software version with what pops up on my screen (but never downloads). Since the website says I am current, I don't see any way to download to USB the version it is trying to download via wifi in order to do a manual update.

Quick Reply: ???? SYNC 3 VERSION 3.0 Update?