2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Attempted theft F350 KR in Plano (Dallas), Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 09:58 AM
shorton
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attempted theft F350 KR in Plano (Dallas), Texas

Someone attempted to steal my F350 King Ranch last night. According to local police, they tried to bust the drivers front window with a spark plug, but something scared them off. Getting the glass replaced by Safelite now. What recommendations do folks have for extra security? I'm already planning a Thinkware F800pro dashcam; was going to take it in for install next week. What about the Ford security add-on? Do the KRs not already have that? Thanks

Drivers front window cracked by spark plugs

Old 08-02-2018, 10:06 AM
17350kr
Mountain Pass
Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
That sucks. Your truck is my twin. I know my truck has sensors of some one actually gets inside it will set off alarm from motion. I know this because I locked my
dogs in the truck and then remote started it for ac and when he was walking around inside it set off the alarm almost imidiately. On the top control panel where the upfitter switches and sun roof control is there are four sensors up there for motion. Yours didnt go off because they didn’t actually get in and I don’t think just bumping the truck would set it off.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
I bought the remote app security module on ebay for about $225. It lets you remote start, lock/unlock your truck from anywhere in the world via a mobile app....but more importantly to me, it will text and email me if any of the security sensors are tripped and it even tells me which sensor was set off. I've gotta a couple texts while I was in a hotel room and ran out to see someone running off. Definitely worth the $49 a year.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:06 PM
BK39
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Just curious where this happened, at home or out and about somewhere? I only ask because i'm local to the area and would like to avoid. You think they were trying to steal the entire truck or just get in it? I would think if they were smart enough to steal the entire truck, they would have used a better method to get in it. Just thinking out loud.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:49 PM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 519 Likes on 398 Posts
Without a tow truck they weren't going to steal the truck. Impossible to start it without the FOB as the PATS verifies. So its not as simple as the majority of older Super Duty trucks were.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:33 PM
AK-AlumADuty
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tricon
I bought the remote app security module on ebay for about $225. It lets you remote start, lock/unlock your truck from anywhere in the world via a mobile app....but more importantly to me, it will text and email me if any of the security sensors are tripped and it even tells me which sensor was set off. I've gotta a couple texts while I was in a hotel room and ran out to see someone running off. Definitely worth the $49 a year.
^^^ Tricon- I was looking into to this; do you have a link for the one you bought? Thx...

Old 08-02-2018, 02:06 PM
TXSD6.2
More Turbo
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Sucks but glad you still have your truck and not more damage than that.

Ford390gashog,
Could you delete a few items in your PM Inbox so I could send you a PM? Wanted to ask you a few questions about the buyback/replacement process w/ Ford.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:10 PM
shorton
New User
BK39, I'm in the neighborhood behind Collin Creek mall in Plano

Old 08-02-2018, 02:10 PM
shorton
New User
Tricon, I too would like a link or part number to that device please. Thx!

Old 08-02-2018, 02:37 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
This is what I purchased, you need another kit with it as well, I've heard its been getting harder to find online, but I think Banner Ford still has some and will remotely program it for you. Give em a call and see what they can do.

http://accessories.ford.com/electron...asy-10667.html

Old 08-02-2018, 03:40 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
it won't help you when not at home, but I have a camera pointed at my driveway, recording 24/7.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:06 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
Without having your keyfob nearby, pull on your driver's door handle and the lock cylinder is exposed. A pair of Channel-Locks or Vise-Grips to turn that cylinder and you're in. Plus, no alarm will sound because the computer thinks you're using the key to gain entry (the motion sensors will be deactivated). Here's a thread on getting broke into ... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...oken-into.html BTW, I removed my lock cylinder and installed the Jimmi-Jammers. Won't stop all thieves, but breaking the glass and reaching inside will set off the truck's alarm.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Brother_Bluto
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I have as well. The remote start via phone app is worth it by itself IMO. The banging on the window would have tripped it if installed (depending on the sensitivity adjustment setting). Very easy DIY install (maybe 10-15min), just need a Ford dealer to activate the cell chip.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:13 AM
BannerAuto
Senior User
RMU & VSS modules

This is what I purchased, you need another kit with it as well, I've heard its been getting harder to find online, but I think Banner Ford still has some and will remotely program it for you. Give em a call and see what they can do.

http://accessories.ford.com/electron...asy-10667.html
Unfortunately at the moment we are out of stock and haven't had word from Ford of an ETA on replacement inventory. Apologies to all for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Mel

Old 08-03-2018, 11:09 AM
RobRoy7768
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BannerAuto
Unfortunately at the moment we are out of stock and haven't had word from Ford of an ETA on replacement inventory. Apologies to all for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Mel
What is the total cost? The link posted above says additional device is needed but gives no info or pricing.

Quick Reply: Attempted theft F350 KR in Plano (Dallas), Texas