2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Fleet discount

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 08:28 AM
huskerbear
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleet discount

Hello, new to the forum. We are looking to purchase a 2019 F-250. I just found out a couple years ago that I can get a fleet discount on Fords from a manufacturer (non auto) we buy a lot of product from. The discount on Superduty pickups is $5000. Last year I purchased a Transit which had a $4500 fleet discount available but didn't use it as they told me the rebates and such added up to more than $4500 and I could use only one or the other. Is anybody familiar with how these Fleet discounts work? Our local dealer is a real joy to work with but they are also a customer for us so we try. The transit van took me 7 months to buy from them, finally had to go get a deal from Woodhouse, and ask if they would match it,(hate having to do that) and they did. They try to sale off MSRP. My question is, does the Fleet discount HAVE to come off MSPP? Is it just rebates that are one or the other? Does the Fleet program Give the dealer the $5000 or is the dealer covering part of it? Just want the best deal I can get, Thank's, Mike

Old 07-19-2018, 08:49 AM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 578 Likes on 383 Posts
Originally Posted by huskerbear
Hello, new to the forum. We are looking to purchase a 2019 F-250. I just found out a couple years ago that I can get a fleet discount on Fords from a manufacturer (non auto) we buy a lot of product from. The discount on Superduty pickups is $5000. Last year I purchased a Transit which had a $4500 fleet discount available but didn't use it as they told me the rebates and such added up to more than $4500 and I could use only one or the other. Is anybody familiar with how these Fleet discounts work? Our local dealer is a real joy to work with but they are also a customer for us so we try. The transit van took me 7 months to buy from them, finally had to go get a deal from Woodhouse, and ask if they would match it,(hate having to do that) and they did. They try to sale off MSRP. My question is, does the Fleet discount HAVE to come off MSPP? Is it just rebates that are one or the other? Does the Fleet program Give the dealer the $5000 or is the dealer covering part of it? Just want the best deal I can get, Thank's, Mike
What you are describing is X-Plan. You get a Partner Code from your employer and go to www.fordpartner.com and price the truck/car. Dealer fees are also caped to max of $100.

You could also join EAA and get the same offer. But you must be a member for many months before you are eligible. EAA partner code is EAA01

I just ordered a 2019 F350. The MSRP was $74,015 an the Partner price was $69,628. Then you are also eligible for most any rebates and incentives available at the time.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:20 AM
huskerbear
New User
Originally Posted by Flyct
What you are describing is X-Plan. You get a Partner Code from your employer and go to www.fordpartner.com and price the truck/car. Dealer fees are also caped to max of $100.

You could also join EAA and get the same offer. But you must be a member for many months before you are eligible. EAA partner code is EAA01

I just ordered a 2019 F350. The MSRP was $74,015 an the Partner price was $69,628. Then you are also eligible for most any rebates and incentives available at the time.

Thank's for the reply. I went to www.fordpartner.com, thank's for the link. I tried the 2 numbers I have, 1 is a fleet ID number the other says option code, and I get :The following errors have occurred:
  • 170-SUPPLIER NOT ON FILE, PLEASE TRY AGAIN.
This is for 2018 as they haven't updated for 19 yet, if the numbers change? Really interested if you can use rebates on top, where do you read this? Thank's, Mike

Old 07-19-2018, 10:38 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyct

No he is not, he is talking about Fleet pricing which businesses get if they buy So many under the business. The need their FIN (Fleed ID Number) which he has and needs to visit the dealer for pricing.

Best to speak with the Fleet Manager at the dealership.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:47 AM
TJP249
Tuned

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Go to fleet.ford.com

First you need to apply for a fleet ID number (FIN). here is a link that explains the fleet incentives

https://www.fleet.ford.com/orders/incentives/

fleet incentives are off of invoice.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:00 AM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Thank's for the reply. I went to www.fordpartner.com, thank's for the link. I tried the 2 numbers I have, 1 is a fleet ID number the other says option code, and I get :The following errors have occurred:
  • 170-SUPPLIER NOT ON FILE, PLEASE TRY AGAIN.
This is for 2018 as they haven't updated for 19 yet, if the numbers change? Really interested if you can use rebates on top, where do you read this? Thank's, Mike
Mike,

My deal was X-Plan, not Fleet as I just learned.

With X-plan rebates can be used. I used the standard $500 rebate for F350s plus the $3000 private cash offer I found on this forum. The PCO expired on 7/9.

Here is my dealers work sheet. You can see the MSRP, X-Plan price and where they applied $3500 in rebates.

Name:  5Fs8ceGl.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  36.3 KB

Old 07-19-2018, 12:48 PM
huskerbear
New User
Originally Posted by TJP249
Go to fleet.ford.com

First you need to apply for a fleet ID number (FIN). here is a link that explains the fleet incentives

https://www.fleet.ford.com/orders/incentives/

fleet incentives are off of invoice.
Thank's all for the replies...

I think I have the fleet number already. Lennox keeps it up so we can print it whenever we need it. They just haven't updated, still listing 2017/2018 model years. When you say (fleet incentives are off of invoice) that's not the same as MSRP, which is the only number my dealer seems to understand....trying to figure out how get him to give me invoice, and go down from there. Sorry if these are dumb questions....Thank's

Old 07-19-2018, 01:11 PM
Flyct
Cargo Master

I think I have the fleet number already. Lennox keeps it up so we can print it whenever we need it. They just haven't updated, still listing 2017/2018 model years. When you say (fleet incentives are off of invoice) that's not the same as MSRP, which is the only number my dealer seems to understand....trying to figure out how get him to give me invoice, and go down from there. Sorry if these are dumb questions....Thank's
No dumb questions.

You can calculate MSRP and INVOICE at NADA site. NADA
it has 2019 numbers.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:17 PM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Here’s an example of NADA MSRP and INVOICE price for my ordered 2019 F350
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/a...2&d=1531943797

Old 07-19-2018, 01:17 PM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Keep at it...many dealers will try to talk around those corporate incentives...I know from experience. They will give you a thousand reasons why the truck you have a price on can't be sold to you at that price...just broaden you search area until you find a dealer that will work with you.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:13 PM
huskerbear
New User
Thank's all for the info!

Is it correct that no other rebates or incentives can be used with fleet? Invoice -fleet $ only----- If you can't, it may make no sense to end up with last years model, like I usually end up doing.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru

Is it correct that no other rebates or incentives can be used with fleet? Invoice -fleet $ only----- If you can't, it may make no sense to end up with last years model, like I usually end up doing.
So it is different by area (zip code). Fleet is xplan minus a predetermined discount and no advertisement fee (which is roughly $800-$1,000). Confirmed it with my contact in MI. For MI, it is xplan - $3,500.

let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:38 PM
TJP249
Tuned

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Lets take a step back. Is this vehicle being purchased/Leased by Lennox for corporate use, or by you personally? If it is personally than we are talking about something else. You can't technically use a fleet FIN & fleet incentive unless it is going to be registered in the company or government name.

Blwnsmoke, Fleet incentives are not a flat 3500 off X Plan, nor are they regional. There are several different fleet incentive programs, such as the CFIP, and CFAP which.are openly disclosed incentives, and for the largest customers, the CPA (Competitive Price Allowance). They all have different incentive prices. based on vehicle model. I see the term "rebates", so I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:12 PM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TJP249
Lets take a step back. Is this vehicle being purchased/Leased by Lennox for corporate use, or by you personally? If it is personally than we are talking about something else. You can't technically use a fleet FIN & fleet incentive unless it is going to be registered in the company or government name.

Blwnsmoke, Fleet incentives are not a flat 3500 off X Plan, nor are they regional. There are several different fleet incentive programs, such as the CFIP, and CFAP which.are openly disclosed incentives, and for the largest customers, the CPA (Competitive Price Allowance). They all have different incentive prices. based on vehicle model. I see the term "rebates", so I don't think we are talking about the same thing.
That's interesting.. thank you for clarifying.. I'm not sure why he would state that to me then if he is incorrect.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:01 AM
mothnuts
Senior User

You are correct. Fleet programs are the same year round, and aren’t combined with any other incentives. So you are better off getting the newest model. You are also better off to order, as there are some fees that can be removed. My last pickup came off the lot and I think it cost me around $750 extra. I use a fleet program and I believe it is very similar to the Lennox program as I have a buddy that uses it for his business and our discounts are the same. It will have to be titled in your business’s name that is associated with Lennox. You need to deal with a fleet manager, as regular salesman usually aren’t familiar with it. Any Ford dealer that handles fleet should be the same price. Only variable would be trade-in value. Fleet orders are easy because it’s a set price with fewer variables with the only negotiating being on your trade-in. To give you an idea on pricing my Window sticker price on my ‘19 I have ordered is $78,825 and my selling price is $67,300 with no other dealer fees.

Quick Reply: Fleet discount