2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

HR SuperNova

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 05:04 PM
ymsmiley
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HR SuperNova

These just showed up. Installing tomorrow. Every bulb on my truck came OEM LED except the headlights

Old 12-14-2018, 12:15 PM
sunuvabug
Posting Guru
Now that it's been half a yer, how are the Supernova V3's working for you? I see the V3's are now discontinued and replaced by the V4's which I'm reading about.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:23 PM
BIGDOG1974
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a 20% off coupon code for all my FTE buddies!

As our gift to you this Holiday Season, we would like to offer you this coupon code for 20% OFF Supernova V.4 LED Headlight Bulbs! Coupon Code: Holiday18This 20% off coupon code is applicable to Supernova V.4 LED Headlight Bulbs only. Coupon code will be valid through Wednesday, December 26th. Use at checkout.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:26 PM
BIGDOG1974
Senior User

So far so good ! V3

Old 12-14-2018, 04:18 PM
ymsmiley
Tuned
Lol. Nobody replied and there's a ton of other LED conversion threads so didn't bother following up. But since you asked, they're nice and bright without being ridiculous, I like them, but do have a slightly off pattern bright spot towards the drivers side. Its actually hard to notice but it picked up exceptionally well in this shot

I installed without pulling the grill, tried reaching back in to adjust, but I've got big hands and its a tight fit and would need to switch them around at this point to ID root cause. I don't even notice it anymore so not high on my priority list. I'm off for 3 weeks soon and plan to get to it then

Old 12-14-2018, 05:01 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I put the supernova v.4's in one of our other cars, and they are way, way, better than I would have ever expected.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:54 PM
Spruced
New User
Originally Posted by BIGDOG1974
Here is a 20% off coupon code for all my FTE buddies!

As our gift to you this Holiday Season, we would like to offer you this coupon code for 20% OFF Supernova V.4 LED Headlight Bulbs! Coupon Code: Holiday18This 20% off coupon code is applicable to Supernova V.4 LED Headlight Bulbs only. Coupon code will be valid through Wednesday, December 26th. Use at checkout.
anymore discounts on the V.4’s?

Old 04-27-2019, 02:03 AM
hobbie1
Tuned
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Has anyone bought these V.4 direct from SuperNova? What is the difference?

Old 04-27-2019, 07:41 AM
CroTigerXIII
New User
Originally Posted by Spruced
anymore discounts on the V.4’s?

Moostang09 has a fantastic video on youtube

Use his discount code: MOOSTANG

Old 04-27-2019, 12:26 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I love my supernova v.4 bulbs in the high beams of our Pacifica, which i installed about 6 months ago. I just bought a set of Eagle LED bulbs off of Amazon for another car, which I'll install soon. As near as I can tell before installing them, they are identical to the v.4's I bought for less than 1/2 of the price. I'll share more thoughts after the install.

I put HIDs in the low beam projectors of the Pacifica, but after seeing how amazing thr LED high beams were, wondered if the v.4s would have worked in the lows as well. I'll try both the low beam projectors and high beam position with the new Eagle bulb before deciding between LED and HID for the lows.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:00 PM
hobbie1
Tuned
About to buy the Super Nova 4's from Supernova. Going with the headlights and fogs for my Lariat.

Headlight High Beam and Low Beam - Supernova LEDs V4 LEDs (pair)

Fog Light Front - Supernova LEDs V4 LEDs (pair)

Also, any issues with the the daytime running lights?

Old 04-28-2019, 10:40 PM
Mack3006
Tuned
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I didn’t have a good experience with HR. “Long rant”

I purchased the V3 headlights and fogs for my truck about 13 months ago. Right at about the 11 month mark 1 fog bulb was out(not working) and one headlight bulb was flickering. All 6 bulbs were installed correctly with dielectric grease and had the cooling fins spread out correctly.
Took me about 3 days(8 calls) to get a live person on the phone, explained my issue. At first they tried to blame the bulb failure on the Instal.( which I had pics of). After proving my correct installation they agreed to send a set of just fogs. I explained I wanted all 3 sets replaced. They did end up sending me all 3 new sets.

The fog bulbs of the new V4’s did not fit the housing. They explained it was an issue and I could file down the ears. I said that wasn’t acceptable for how much these bulbs cost. They sent me a new set of collars and when I receive them they were the same thing just filed down. I was not impressed.

They told me the new V4’s were 20% brighter, I didn’t see a difference. And in my opinion the beam pattern is not as tight.

Also the new V4’s have a mini fan on the back of them instead of cooling fins. Cooling fins was one of the reasons I purchased these in the first place because the fans are known to brake or fail. I wasn’t happy about this. My 2010 f150 had led bulbs with little fans on the back.(different brand) I live in buffalo NY. Home of snow/slush/salt. These fans do not do well when the road slush gets in the back and then freezes. Especially for the fog lights. I had many replacements in my f150.

I expressed my concern about the cooling fans to a company representative, and how I have seen that design fail in different types of bulbs and the conditions I live in. They insured me that the new v4’s We’re tested snow.

The old V3‘s and the new V4’s all come with a two-year warranty. Obviously I use my warranty on the V3’s just about the year mark. So I asked if the V4’s will have a new two-year warranty from the date of replacement, or just one more year. I was concerned with the longevity due to the previous failure. They would not extend my warranty. So I only have a year for the new V4’s. I don’t have faith in the new bulbs.

Also the new versions seem cheaper than the old versions and the quality seems to of gone down in the manufacturing. As to say I was not impressed with the new V4’s or with the company as a whole. I actually called and spoke with a manager before I installed the V4’s, I wanted to just refund all the bulbs for the original purchase price. They didn’t let me.

A lot of money, time and frustration spent on these bulbs. My original thought was to buy a good set of bulbs and not have to worry about them for a couple years. No-go there ! I’ll be willing to bet within a year I’ll be replacing these due to failure.

I wish I could have got the OEM Led bulbs with my truck. But I purchased off the lot so it was not an issue.

I just want to let everybody know my issue and dealings with this company. Hope everybody else has better luck or just buys different bulbs.

Other than Beamtech is there any other high quality LED bulbs that you guys are happy with

Old 04-28-2019, 10:50 PM
hobbie1
Tuned
Interesting - I'm working with Supernova direct. Skipped HR.

They have been great - plenty of info via their chat today. Also any issues they have a liberal return policy,

Is this the V4's that you received? I ordered the dual mode ones.

Fog Light Front - Supernova LEDs V4 LEDs (pair)

Old 04-28-2019, 10:53 PM
hobbie1
Tuned
Curious - has anyone ever tried to transplant the factory LED lights?

Old 04-29-2019, 07:33 AM
Redrockerstl55
Fleet Mechanic
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I have had the Supernova v3’s for slightly over 18 months and they have been flawless. Makes night driving a breeze compared to the yellow stock bulbs.

Even a move to a cheaper 4.5, 5 or 6k halogen is a big improvement over stock. I have tried those in my 2017 also and they are not bad and much cheaper than going full out LED.

Quick Reply: HR SuperNova