Sponsored by:

Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 11:01 AM
Rainmaker1
Laughing Gas
Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts
Carpet

I read in a thread one of us used Aardvark for his carpet. He installed black in his tan interior.
Im in my initial research stages with this along with other projects in my beloved Bessy.
i like the black contrast to the tan interior. What do you think?
is Aardvark about as good as anyone or who has the best quality?
Should I add sound deadening material like Dynomat or the like WITH the juke and mass backing?
I don’t want to put in so much material that it doesn’t fit correctly or look right.
Any other helpful information is appreciated....

Old 04-26-2018, 08:19 AM
EXSwap
Fleet Mechanic
Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts
Have you seen the interior of the P-Pumped X?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-o-pics-2.html

He got his from ACC, but I looked at Aardvark and looks like they're about the same price. Is your carpet destroyed? Folks have had really good luck removing and thoroughly cleaning with good results (unless you're set on black). I've not seen a black with tan, but I'm not sure I'd like the contrast.

As far as sounds deadening, there's a ton of opinions out there. Everything from spraying the underside of the body to spending serious cash on name brand materials. I've researched quite a lot and seems that the folks who use the sticky stuff from a home center have the same results as the folks who use Dynamat (or any other name brand). The mat combined with the padding seems to yield the best results. I'm not sure I'd use the spray on body coating, but people seem to like it.

Personally, I'll be using the home center stuff as it's super cheap and probably (based on other folks using it) just as good as any other. The only downside I've read is some of it smells, which I will avoid.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Old 04-26-2018, 11:08 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
I also used ACC carpet through 1Aauto. Had no trouble with the sound deadening under the carpet. Oddly enough, I haven't driven it yet since the change, so no idea if the soundproofing made any difference. (seasonal truck) I went with the tan as original.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I got mine thru Aarvark, it is the ACC carpet. He had the best price too.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Hellbender75
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

As someone who has used both the home center stuff and the real sound deadening material I would definitely pay a little more and get the real stuff. The home center stuff is asphalt based and stinks really bad, especially when its hot outside. It can also melt in the heat to a certain extent and slide down inside your doors a bit. The real stuff is butyl rubber based and it doesn't stink at all nor will it melt in the heat. I have used raamatt with good results and its not too high priced. I've also hear that Fatmat extreme is really good as well. These sound deadeners work pretty good muting vibrations and low frequency noise but they arent' the best for high frequency noise cancellation. I've used ensolite which is a closed cell foam for that. I used a combo of ensolite and raamatt in my 1997 yukon and it worked wonders for noise levels.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:27 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
I used a package of this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and a package of this. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 No complaints on the quality or ease of working.