Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Attempting to locate my old IDI - Have you seen it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 03:13 AM
IDI-Charlie
Fleet Mechanic
Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts
Attempting to locate my old IDI - Have you seen it?

Hey everybody, been a long time since I have been in these parts! Bit of a far-reached request, but I am hoping somebody may have some insight into the whereabouts of my old 6.9. The issue is I don't have anything to go off of except a picture of the truck from when I sold it back in Sep/Oct 2014. All I can remember about the gentleman that bought it is that he was working in Fairfax, VA at the time but it is from NY (my old phone doesn't have his contact info in it anymore). As of lately I have had an odd want to reacquire it (or one like it) after all of these years.

The truck is a 1984 F250 Ext. Cab Long bed, equipped with a 6.9, T19 4-Spd, U.S. Gear splitter, old Sto-away power crane bumper, and airbags in the rear. I also equipped it with a master fuel shutoff solenoid switch and manual GPs in the last months I had it.

This is how the truck looked in the later days that I owned it:

I know it is a long shot, but you never know if someone, somewhere happens to know where it ended up or if a manual IDI with a U.S. Gear splitter is for sale near them.

TIA everyone and hope yall have a good one!

Old 03-18-2018, 02:19 PM
genscripter
Cargo Master
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
You should share this on OilBurners and DieselStop as well. Anyone who has an IDI these days must be on the forums to keep these things running, unless they are an old diesel mechanic that remembers this stuff off the top of his head.

Also, post to Facebook in Virginia truck and diesel groups.

It would help if you changed the title of your post from "Odd Request" to something informative like "Help, I'm looking for my old IDI pickup from 2014. Have you seen it?," or something better. It would promote more traction to your post because most of us veterans are kind of annoyed with nondescript titles like "engine no work" or "problem?" which could be something as innocuous as a simple bad battery to a complete engine overhaul question.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:57 PM
IDI-Charlie
Fleet Mechanic
Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by genscripter
You should share this on OilBurners and DieselStop as well. Anyone who has an IDI these days must be on the forums to keep these things running, unless they are an old diesel mechanic that remembers this stuff off the top of his head.

Also, post to Facebook in Virginia truck and diesel groups.
I will be sure to hop over to those forums, I tend to forget others exist as I tend to spend 95% of my time on here when I'm not under a road tractor

Originally Posted by genscripter
...changed the title of your post from "Odd Request" to something informative like "Help, I'm looking for my old IDI pickup from 2014. Have you seen it?," or something better...
Done and done. Perhaps posting at 4am this morning wasn't the smartest of ideas - my brain can get a little fried after long days under trucks resulting in not the most thought-out statements.