1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Mid Fifty ever have a sale?

Old 01-18-2018, 07:38 AM
Greg Rogers
Fleet Mechanic
Received 138 Likes on 78 Posts
Mid Fifty ever have a sale?

I have been going thru catalogs of all the vendors I can find that sell parts for 53/56 trucks. I think I have decided I will order the floor/cab sheet metal parts I need from Mid Fifty, based on their reputation. They are a little higher on some items, a little lower on some, but I think it would be better to get it all from the same vendor than to pick and choose the cheapest individual pieces, in case there is a problem. Shipping is a issue because of them being in Arizona and me in Michigan, Midwest is closer and NPD has a warehouse here in Michigan, but neither of those 2 has everything I need. So I'm pretty sure Mid Fifty it is. My Question is does anyone know if Mid Fifty has a sale every once in a while? I can wait to order. Also has anyone asked them about their "price matching" ? Midwest has rockers for $35.00 while MF is $48.50. Every little bit helps... Thanks, Greg

Old 01-18-2018, 07:55 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,598 Likes on 1,444 Posts
I'm not sure, you'll have to call them to find out. They have in the past had real breaks on shipping charges, which would benefit you greatly on a large order.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:15 AM
highdesert55
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got lucky and found out they were coming near my town to pick up some truck parts so I called and asked if they could load up a bunch of parts for me and I would meet them. They said no problem, so i ordered all my big stuff that would have high shipping. Worked out great. I'll buy everything from them if i can from now on.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Schuyles
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I emailed them before Black Friday and asked if they had any sales coming up...Diane responded and said they didn't have any Thanksgiving/Black Friday sales planned and weren't sure about Christmas. I kept looking at the site and app and never saw any sales. In the past they have had some good sales...but not lately. Come on down to Pigeon Forge for the F100 Reunion in May and they'll bring anything you want! :O)

Old 01-18-2018, 02:26 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
Originally Posted by Schuyles
I emailed them before Black Friday and asked if they had any sales coming up...Diane responded and said they didn't have any Thanksgiving/Black Friday sales planned and weren't sure about Christmas. I kept looking at the site and app and never saw any sales. In the past they have had some good sales...but not lately. Come on down to Pigeon Forge for the F100 Reunion in May and they'll bring anything you want! :O)
I recommend this to anyone needing parts. Rather than spend $3-400 in truck freight on large items to just spend the shipping money for a mini vacation and pick up the parts at a show

Old 01-18-2018, 04:52 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,598 Likes on 1,444 Posts
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
I recommend this to anyone needing parts. Rather than spend $3-400 in truck freight on large items to just spend the shipping money for a mini vacation and pick up the parts at a show
I second that emotion! In 2015 I bought a bed from MidWest Early Ford and they brought it to spring Carlisle, no charge for freight and shipping, no packing charge needed and you pay when you pick it up!

Call a vendor up and see if they are going to a show near you.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:46 PM
EBEAR
Cargo Master
Received 541 Likes on 308 Posts
Their shipping is outrageous . I ordered a flat window kit and a few other small items ( no glass ) and the shipping quote was just shy of the purchase price " I cancelled "

Old 01-19-2018, 05:42 AM
fordslut
More Turbo
Received 140 Likes on 76 Posts
it's been maybe a year or more, but they had all shipping $9.00 a while back. I got my radiator and a bunch of other things. no deals for a while though. try "truck stop" in orange ca. they have a on line catalog. it's hard to find the ford stuff, but it's there.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:41 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 543 Likes on 349 Posts
MidFifty used to do free shipping for stuff bought at the shows they attend. I got some inner & outer cab corners that way and the plus was I didn’t have to lug the stuff around the show or take it all back to my truck before I could continue scoping out the show.

JUST A FYI, I talked to Midwest Early Ford last week and they told me ANY show they attend they bring 53-56 truck beds.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:26 AM
edzakory
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have driven to Mid Fifty; it’s a 2 ½ hr. drive for me. I ordered a limo colored big back window. The cost for boxing and motor freight was excessive so I scheduled the trip during their annual free picnic and car show at their site. They had a lot of sale items but you had to be on site to buy them. I have not seen sales like Dennis Carpenter where there is a percentage off anything you buy, e.g., 10%. My experience has been a reduction in cost for individual items, e.g., blemished, excess inventory, bad production run (China), etc.

I do not believe Mid Fifty is trying to make a profit on shipping. A lot has to do with the shipping company’s requirements and location. There is no motor freight depot in Prescott so I would have to drive to Flagstaff or Phoenix to pick up the heavy/fragile order. Or, I would have to pay the cost to have the item delivered to a local business that has a forklift or loading dock. Alternatively, I would have to pay the cost for a truck with a lift gate. I had to pay 9.5% state/local tax, a cost most out-of-state buyers do not have to pay.

Unfortunately, there are few options. I have, as others stated, made the order in advance of an upcoming car show where the vendor planned to sell their items. Sales tax at these venues are tricky, so if use this method be sure to know that potential cost in advance.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:04 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 844 Likes on 763 Posts
You never know where parts are coming from:
Guy I know got some 53-6 cab corners from MF, underneath the MF sticker was a NPD sticker. I bought some front cab mounts from NPD, underneath their sticker was a D Carpenter sticker...

Old 01-19-2018, 12:36 PM
Björn
Elder User
A few year ago they had often discount like 10% above the $100 and often no exta charge for large parts . but that is a few year ago
And first the had 70% of scratch and dent items , know its sometimes 15%

Old 01-20-2018, 08:59 AM
ShedRat
Freshman User
I ordered a bed kit from them for my 56’. Will be delivered at the West Coast Nationals this Summer for free.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:17 PM
MIBill
Freshman User
mid fifty

If you can make it to the supernationals, they have done a slight price percentile break along with free shipping or they will bring parts ordered. as a past customer, they have given me a break on shipping

Old 01-20-2018, 06:20 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 465 Likes on 301 Posts
A guy here in SoCal used to make the 14 ga beds that MidFifty sold. I worked a deal with Sy years ago where I would buy the beds from her and pick them up from the manufacturer...saved a ton of $$$.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mid Fifty ever have a sale?