2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Buyer Beware - AVOID Outlaw LEDs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 07:24 PM
TufLuk13
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buyer Beware - AVOID Outlaw LEDs!!!

Buyer Beware! DO NOT do business with Cody Taintor aka OutlawLEDs!

I placed an order with Cody on October 12th. I was told he would “order” my emblems and get started right away after I paid. I emailed a few times after this and did not receive a response. On the 26th of October I called, texted, messaged on facebook and Instagram and finally got a response. He told me that he would ship my emblems within two weeks. On November 14th he began telling me that I would receive shipping information for my emblems. On the 15th of November he told me they had been shipped. On November 28th he sent the emblems to me overnight. I received the emblems on the 29th of November to find that he painted the side emblems incorrectly, the front emblem had chips in it and the rear emblem was dented and the posts on the back were broken. These emblems were clearly not “ordered” and were used pieces.

I contacted him and requested a refund. I was told that the dent in the rear emblem was “normal” and on all of the emblems he provides. He told me the side emblems were painted correctly until I showed him screen shots of our conversations proving that he painted them wrong. After being lied to countless times from the very start he ended this transaction with his worst lie of all. He told me he would send me a return label and process the refund. He sent me the return label and they were delivered on December 5th. I texted several times with no response and called with no response. I had to call from an unknown number to get him to answer. He told me the refund would be processed and I would have the money within 5 days.

On December 14th he told me it would be processed the next day.

Today is December 21 and I still have not received my refund.

Cody has blocked me on Facebook and Instagram so I cannot post on his pages with a review of this terrible experience. He is 22 years old and has a terrible attitude when spoken with as does his “Secretary” aka his girlfriend, Michaela who also has a terrible attitude when spoken with. I have been nothing but nice with these two since the beginning and have been treated terribly. In addition Cody will not refund me my $760.00 even though I have no products from him.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this Shady business and take your business to one of the other dozen reputable businesses who make the same products.

**I have screenshots and saved emails as well as voice recordings from this entire exchange to prove everything I have stated above. Voice recordings catching Cody and his girlfriend Michaela lying to me.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Boilermaker374
More Turbo
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
If you used a credit card call the bank or issuing company and dispute the charges... you have 60 days in most cases from the time of purchase.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-21-2017, 08:43 PM
TufLuk13
Senior User
35 Minutes after posting this on Facebook in some Ford groups, I received a refund in full. I have tried Deleting this thread but don't see the option. I could delete the Body but not the title. If a Moderator could delete the entire thread for me, that would be great. Thanks

Old 12-21-2017, 08:51 PM
hindy
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TufLuk13
35 Minutes after posting this on Facebook in some Ford groups, I received a refund in full. I have tried Deleting this thread but don't see the option. I could delete the Body but not the title. If a Moderator could delete the entire thread for me, that would be great. Thanks
I think folks still need to be aware of your experience with this company /individual. Their business ethics should be made aware to others. I say leave it considering you already posted they refunded your money and made it right. Let others choose for themselves if they would like to do business.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:25 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 238 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by hindy
I think folks still need to be aware of your experience with this company /individual. Their business ethics should be made aware to others. I say leave it considering you already posted they refunded your money and made it right. Let others choose for themselves if they would like to do business.
The best thing for any consumer to do when dealing with any of these small and numerous LED companies is to pay via CC so they`ll have protection.

Once the charges are disputed, the vendor will either start answering calls and emails or take a charge back.

Very simple and easy without the stress.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:22 PM
TufLuk13
Senior User
Originally Posted by GABAR
The best thing for any consumer to do when dealing with any of these small and numerous LED companies is to pay via CC so they`ll have protection.

Once the charges are disputed, the vendor will either start answering calls and emails or take a charge back.

Very simple and easy without the stress.
Unfortunately the CC companies are going to cover their own butt first. So they'll give you a credit temporarily while they open an "investigation". PayPal is a joke. I opened a claim with them and they actually sided with the seller. I had screenshots showing he received the package back to him, texts saying he would give a refund and PayPal can clearly see that he has not issued the refund. I placed a call into them but they were supposed to call me back within 45 minutes. I got my issue solved in 35 minutes by posting on social media. I never bothered to find out why they had sided with him. I had 10 days to dispute their decision but I have 0 confidence in PayPal. I had another issue with something a while back where a company charged me for some custom work to a motorcycle race suit and their work was done incorrectly. I opened a dispute and PayPal sided with the seller because PayPal doesn't cover custom merchandise in their protection plan.

In reality the best thing to do is do business with trustworthy companies, do your research and if possible do business with someone in your own town. I'd bet I would have gotten my refund faster if I drove to NJ and knocked on his door.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:02 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 941 Likes on 580 Posts
Originally Posted by hindy
I agree. Keep this bad experience out there to help the next potential victim.
As a business owner, I don't have any compassion for those who operate like that.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:36 AM
LOWRPMTORQUE
Senior User
I wouldn’t do business with any company with the word “outlaw” in their name.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Top_Speed1
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've actually had good luck with both my Credit Card Co's and PayPal on any disputed cases. No.1 and foremost, they are on your side, not the vendor/seller. Trust me, I'm an online seller as well and the one who provides them the moola rules... that is as long as you're in the right.

There's always 2 sides to every story, let the case be investigated, if you're sure and what you said is true you would have absolutely no problems getting a reversal through a charge-back.... Speaking from both sides of the fence.

Glad you got it refunded, still not good "if" that vendor did try selling out used stuff at new listings. With that being said... keep the post up.

Happy Holidays

Old 12-23-2017, 11:18 AM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
Good to know!👍

Old 12-23-2017, 07:30 PM
Texaswilliam
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by TufLuk13
Unfortunately the CC companies are going to cover their own butt first. So they'll give you a credit temporarily while they open an "investigation". PayPal is a joke. I opened a claim with them and they actually sided with the seller. I had screenshots showing he received the package back to him, texts saying he would give a refund and PayPal can clearly see that he has not issued the refund. I placed a call into them but they were supposed to call me back within 45 minutes. I got my issue solved in 35 minutes by posting on social media. I never bothered to find out why they had sided with him. I had 10 days to dispute their decision but I have 0 confidence in PayPal. I had another issue with something a while back where a company charged me for some custom work to a motorcycle race suit and their work was done incorrectly. I opened a dispute and PayPal sided with the seller because PayPal doesn't cover custom merchandise in their protection plan.

In reality the best thing to do is do business with trustworthy companies, do your research and if possible do business with someone in your own town. I'd bet I would have gotten my refund faster if I drove to NJ and knocked on his door.
I have disputed many credit card charges and have NEVER had the credit card company side with the vendor. I believe they go above and beyond to protect their card holders.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:28 PM
17f250EL
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto

guys I’m experiencing the same thing with OutlawLEDs. Sent my LEds to get painted back in November. And I still haven’t received them back. Was told they shipped 2-3 weeks ago and nothing!! Stay tuned. Communication with him isn’t bad though. I just wished he be honest and tell me what’s really going on. Stay tuned.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:55 PM
Truckie256
Laughing Gas
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Thank you! This is great info for members to be aware of... Especially since it's not an under $50 mod... I need every $760 I can get... Thanks again

Old 12-26-2018, 01:30 AM
JetMechJoe
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like the guy is a lying pos who has no clue on running a business and providing quality products to his clients. Glad to hear you got your money back

Old 12-26-2018, 02:39 AM
MadeInDade
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Top_Speed1
I've actually had good luck with both my Credit Card Co's and PayPal on any disputed cases. No.1 and foremost, they are on your side, not the vendor/seller. Trust me, I'm an online seller as well and the one who provides them the moola rules... that is as long as you're in the right.
Agreed 100%. As a buyer I have never lost a PayPal or CC dispute. The PayPal disputes usually take some time, but I have had positive experiences with them.

And it is true, the seller is almost always the one who gets screwed during a dispute, even if they aren't in the wrong.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware - AVOID Outlaw LEDs!!!