6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

ANOTHER NO START

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 01:57 PM
coloradojeep1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANOTHER NO START

Starting another thread because my other thread is another problem that I had. I have a no start. I just checked the wires at the PCM that I think go to the FICM. I checked these three wires. pin 19 (lg/ye) FICM or fuel delivery command, pin 20 (dk blu/org) FICM cyl id, and pin 28 (pnk/yel) FICM COMM. Plug was plugged in. Used 12v wire tester, Cycled the key and none of the pins have power. Shouldn't these have power? Would this mean i'm not getting power from the PCM, or power from the FICM or some other up or down the line problem. Hope someone is reading this stuff today. Thanks

Old 11-24-2017, 03:48 PM
navistarnut
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What are you using to monitor data live?
That is the easiest way to tell if you have FICM anything going to the FICM.

Do you have any injector pre clatter prior to starting?

Old 11-24-2017, 03:58 PM
coloradojeep1
Junior User
Another no start

Originally Posted by navistarnut
What are you using to monitor data live?
That is the easiest way to tell if you have FICM anything going to the FICM.

Do you have any injector pre clatter prior to starting?
I have chatter but only believe 4 injectors are functioning right now because of all the codes being thrown at me. Using a scangauge2 and an elm (forscan). Each time I disconnect the PCM center plug and plug it back in I get zillions of codes. If I clear the codes they come right back on the next scan. Can only monitor while cranking or key on engine off mode. Seems to me there should be power on the wires I checked? Thanks

Old 11-24-2017, 05:23 PM
navistarnut
Postmaster
Hopefully Sean(Yahiko) will come along, he's the wiring schematic guru
That might help you figure out what is going on with those other four injectors.

You can also try with Forscan the injector self test. It will go thru and chatter each one. It's a good audible test, if nothing else.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:34 PM
coloradojeep1
Junior User
Another no start

[QUOTE=navistarnut;17612706]Hopefully Sean(Yahiko) will come along, he's the wiring schematic guru
That might help you figure out what is going on with those other four injectors.

You can also try with Forscan the injector self test. It will go thru and chatter each one. It's a good audible test, if nothing else.[/QUOTET

That would be great. Tried running some tests with Forscan but it come back and says that I can't run these tests. I'm not a paid subscriber but maybe I should be. Exactly how do I do this chatter test? Thanks again

Old 11-24-2017, 07:13 PM
navistarnut
Postmaster
I've never heard of the paid subscriber thing with ForScan, unless they changed something now?
I can't recall exactly where you go in the program but it's under one of the tabs, where you can do the injector buzz test. With the key on, engine off, it will go thru and cycle each injector for a second or two, thus confirming that they are working, or at least being commanded to do something.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:26 PM
coloradojeep1
Junior User
Another no start

Originally Posted by navistarnut
I've never heard of the paid subscriber thing with ForScan, unless they changed something now?
I can't recall exactly where you go in the program but it's under one of the tabs, where you can do the injector buzz test. With the key on, engine off, it will go thru and cycle each injector for a second or two, thus confirming that they are working, or at least being commanded to do something.
I just went to Forscan site. There is an extended license available so that some tests can be performed. Must be free but they say you can donate to the cause. Not sure if it's something new because I just downloaded my copy of Forscan last week. Still hoping to hear from your wire guru. I'll see if I can pull up this test tomorrow. Thanks

Old 11-25-2017, 10:51 AM
DarkStarMedia
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by coloradojeep1
I just went to Forscan site. There is an extended license available so that some tests can be performed. Must be free but they say you can donate to the cause. Not sure if it's something new because I just downloaded my copy of Forscan last week. Still hoping to hear from your wire guru. I'll see if I can pull up this test tomorrow. Thanks
Yea. the extended license is a bit funky... its free but you have to sign up for it to get the license.

Richard

Old 11-25-2017, 11:51 AM
coloradojeep1
Junior User
Another no start

Originally Posted by DarkStarMedia
Yea. the extended license is a bit funky... its free but you have to sign up for it to get the license.

Richard
Not much going on here today. Everyone ate too much turkey--ha. Not sure what to do with my PCM situation. Might sign up for the extended Forscan license and look at that. Guess it's a waiting game today.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:36 AM
coloradojeep1
Junior User
I installed a PCM purchased from Flagship one inc. This morning and have narrowed down my codes considerably. I had around 30 codes before replacing the PCM. Hope someone can help me with these? My codes now are as follows. TCM--NONE. DTC's in PCM--P1000. OBD2--NONE. DTC's in ABS--C1145 and U1900. DTC's in TBC--U1900. DTC's in IC--U2023, B1352, U1900, B1360, B1318, B1320. RCM--NONE. I know about the trailer brake situation and the ABS situation but am real concerned about the instrument cluster codes. Could I have a bad ignition switch or neutral switch or something related to these? I'm not going to attempt to start this truck until I find out what the IC codes are all about. This has been a no-start truck. Thanks

Old 12-02-2017, 11:11 AM
xcrsp440
Fleet Mechanic
Received 91 Likes on 67 Posts
Describe no start. When you turn the key, does anything happen? Starter engage but not spin, or engine turns over but doesn’t start?

Old 12-02-2017, 11:15 AM
coloradojeep1
Junior User
Another no start

Originally Posted by xcrsp440
Describe no start. When you turn the key, does anything happen? Starter engage but not spin, or engine turns over but doesn’t start?
The engine spins but no start. Thanks

Old 12-03-2017, 06:17 PM
coloradojeep1
Junior User
Anyone now which noid fits a 2006 6.0 fuel injector harness plug? Thanks

Old 12-03-2017, 07:06 PM
DarkStarMedia
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't use a noid light on the 6.0 injectors. They are high voltage

Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 PM