Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vanity Mirrors Harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:34 AM
R&RFord
Fleet Mechanic
Received 253 Likes on 202 Posts
Vanity Mirrors Harness

Hello Folks, one of the sun visors in my truck has bit the dust and I was considering swapping in a set of the visors with lit vanity mirrors, but I would need to make or find an appropriate harness to power them.

I found a complete NOS harness from a 94 Lincoln that would appear to have everything I would need. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-For...ZZARpi&vxp=mtr Would this harness be plug and play? It looks like a complete lighting harness, that I would need to pull the parts I need out to graft into my existing harness. Also figure I might need to lengthen some of the wires.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
OMG NO!!!. That is WAY more than the lighting pkg harness.

The ONLY thing that goes on the F-series lighting harness is the vanity minors and the auto dim rear view mirror.

2 wires, 1 plug

Old 10-19-2017, 03:16 PM
R&RFord
Fleet Mechanic
Received 253 Likes on 202 Posts
I haven't been on the hunt for long, but I haven't found much so far so I was grasping at straws a bit.

I know it is way more than I need, and I didn't intend to use the whole harness. It appears to have what I am after and it isn't hacked up. It also had the rear view mirror wire trim which seemed like a potential bonus if I wanted to source an auto dim mirror.

Was the lighting package harness just a plug in extra? I have yet to see one whole, I have only seen the accessory end of the harness and not the power source end.

From what I have found it snaked up the driver side A pillar and over the windshield.

I can still get my hands on the the plug connectors, and build the harness myself which would probably be the most cost effective way to go if I can sort out where to add it to the existing harness.

I would go to the JY but there are none worth visiting nearby.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:17 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by R&RFord
I haven't been on the hunt for long, but I haven't found much so far so I was grasping at straws a bit.

I know it is way more than I need, and I didn't intend to use the whole harness. It appears to have what I am after and it isn't hacked up. It also had the rear view mirror wire trim which seemed like a potential bonus if I wanted to source an auto dim mirror.

Was the lighting package harness just a plug in extra? I have yet to see one whole, I have only seen the accessory end of the harness and not the power source end.

From what I have found it snaked up the driver side A pillar and over the windshield.

I can still get my hands on the the plug connectors, and build the harness myself which would probably be the most cost effective way to go if I can sort out where to add it to the existing harness.

I would go to the JY but there are none worth visiting nearby.
Yup, plugs in by e-brake pedal and goes up A pillar and across top of windshield
Unless you find the lighted visors, then the harness is mute point.

I have a gray setup minus the rearview mirror(broke when removing) I would be willing to part with