2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Some people

Old 09-23-2017, 09:37 PM
Flooringit
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people

So I pulled in my parking spot (way out back) at Walmart and soon as I hit the p with the selsector I feel a thump and just knew something hit me. I look in mirror and see a cart against truck. I see a guy about 4 spots over holding his hand over his mouth. I get out to look and guy say oh man the wind caught the cart and blew it into your truck. I look at him and say what wind. Now imagine this guy just pulled into that spot has a 97 or so Dodge Ram with 2 flags hanging out the back one a marine flag the other a rebel flag. I say to him wheres the wind if your flags aren't blowing. He just shrugs his shoulders. I look at cart and lucky for him it hit the tire no damage. Why do I say lucky for him. Cause I pulled into my spot and the cart was in his spot when I pulled in as I was parking he pulled in and hit the cart to move it out of his way. To fricking lazy to move a cart it was obvious he was to lazy to work and afford a new truck. I know low blow. Can't tell you how mad I was that someone could just lie to my face let alone have to audacity to just disrespect everyone else's property.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:14 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
This is going to be a depressing thread but I want to do my part. I've already told the story of the door ding from an environ-mental whack job and more recently the key down the length of my rear passenger door. Here's one not truck related but includes similar quality people.

I was in the immigration line last week at Paris De gaulle with my back pack on when I feel someone tugging on one of the zippered pockets. I turn around to see an Indian guy quickly pull his hand back and stare at me. I'm thinking, did this guy just try to get in my pack? So I moved my face about 12 inches from his and told him to keep his hands off my stuff. He just did that weird head bobble shake and tried to blow it off. It was a tense few seconds until he stepped back and let the person behind him get in front of him. I then told that guy to watch his stuff. Some people.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:35 PM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I want at least 100 fenced acres with my house in the center. It gets worse every year across the board of life dealing with the people out there.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:44 PM
Raptor Rob
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RainDesert
I want at least 100 fenced acres with my house in the center. It gets worse every year across the board of life dealing with the people out there.
Same thing here. Except I would build my House underground in the Middle of the 100 Acres. I live in California, it's super Over populated!! I used to be a people person

Old 09-23-2017, 11:59 PM
grouperjim
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife rolls her eyes when we pull into Home Depot and such when I go around and gather up all the carts and flat beds within a 100 ft of the truck that could become an "issue" and put them in the rack........and keep one for myself of course. lol

Old 09-24-2017, 05:48 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Not taking sides but what does "2 flags hanging out the back one a marine flag the other a rebel flag" have to do with anything?

Old 09-24-2017, 06:06 AM
Redrockerstl55
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by shortride
Not taking sides but what does "2 flags hanging out the back one a marine flag the other a rebel flag" have to do with anything?
I took that comment as just him indicating there was no wind. Nothing more.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:07 AM
MrFord619
Senior User
Originally Posted by shortride
He had mentioned the guy claimed that it was wind that blew the cart into the truck however the flags were not waving.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:08 AM
rbsev
Mountain Pass
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
quit shopping at WalMarts, it's a magnet for morons, and as far as the flags flying from the truck, it's a statement and I understand the "message"

Old 09-24-2017, 06:09 AM
Redrockerstl55
Fleet Mechanic
About 5 years ago I was at a Costco. It was a really windy day. I always park away from the parking lot cart storage areas and other cars for that matter.

I walk out to my car after shopping and I see a cart resting against my right rear quarter panel. I am not happy. The only thing I can think of is the wind blew this carts across the parking lot and then hit my car.

I talked to a manager and asked why they don't have cement bumps in those cart stalls to keep the carts in place. He denied they needed them.

Literally 2 weeks later I go back to this Costco and they had them installed at all their cart stalls. I was impressed they took action. I must not have been the only person who complained.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:26 AM
MrFord619
Senior User
Originally Posted by Flooringit
To fricking lazy to move a cart it was obvious he was to lazy to work and afford a new truck. I know low blow.
I never judge anyone by how expensive their vehicle is. I know a guy who has a old yellow RAM DOT fleet pickup that's all dented up and a guy who drives a 99 F250 who are both pretty much millionaires. They use them as work trucks and one owns a Mclaren 650S and the other guy has a few classic Hemi Mopars. You'd never know by looking at them.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:34 AM
rick danger
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know not an option for everyone, but i have an older car that i use to go shopping or park along side door dinging, selfish people. If I do have my nice new car/truck yet to get, i would gladly walk across the whole parking lot before parking next to others....but then you still risk some jealous moron.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:51 AM
ncl
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay I will be the good on this one. A few months back we were camping at Sauder village in Nw ohio. We went to the historic village and when parking my 4 year old left her door swing and hit the rear fender of a brand new ram laramie dually. It left two white marks on fender flare. I did the good thing and left a note with my number and campsite number. Couple hours later owner came by our site I apologized and he laughed. Said hey stuff happens. I said I know but felt horrible. He said he would call if it was anything crazy to repair and I would kick in some money. Well he never called. As luck would have it a month later in Columbus we were at Sunbury koa. Guess who we ran into there! The same family! What are the odds! We chatted a bit and he said he never even had it fixed and wasn't gonna worry about it. What's funny he had just gotten truck back from getting drivers side fender repaired when my door hit the passenger side. It's his first dually and he creased the fender in at a drive thru. Nice guy and family and good experience. If only people would be honest and accountable the world would be a better place.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:56 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,400 Likes on 997 Posts
last night I park at Walmart, two carts next to our Taurus. She grabs one and I grab the other and haul them back to the store for all the same reasons.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:08 AM
Redrockerstl55
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by ncl
Okay I will be the good on this one. A few months back we were camping at Sauder village in Nw ohio. We went to the historic village and when parking my 4 year old left her door swing and hit the rear fender of a brand new ram laramie dually. It left two white marks on fender flare. I did the good thing and left a note with my number and campsite number. Couple hours later owner came by our site I apologized and he laughed. Said hey stuff happens. I said I know but felt horrible. He said he would call if it was anything crazy to repair and I would kick in some money. Well he never called. As luck would have it a month later in Columbus we were at Sunbury koa. Guess who we ran into there! The same family! What are the odds! We chatted a bit and he said he never even had it fixed and wasn't gonna worry about it. What's funny he had just gotten truck back from getting drivers side fender repaired when my door hit the passenger side. It's his first dually and he creased the fender in at a drive thru. Nice guy and family and good experience. If only people would be honest and accountable the world would be a better place.
Great story and outcome. Thank you for sharing this one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some people