1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Fall 2017 Supernationals in Pigeon Forge - dates are changing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 12:13 PM
Schuyles
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fall 2017 Supernationals in Pigeon Forge - dates are changing

Charlie said to be on hold until new dates are confirmed. Most likely week before or after. Just an FYI for people with reservations.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:43 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Really???????

Old 06-27-2017, 01:42 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
That's great . Have already made lodging arrangements for the end of Sept . Only 3 months away . How about the organizers get their "S " together . Much planning goes into a long range trip. Help a brother out PLEASE !!!!!

Old 06-27-2017, 05:59 PM
df85732
Fleet Mechanic
Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts
Wife and I had planned on making our first road trip to the Supernationals this Fall. No reservations made yet, but work vacation is already locked in!!!!!!! This just ruined my day! How about changing the location and leaving the Date the same???

Old 06-27-2017, 06:15 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Makes Truckstock look better and better.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:51 PM
pbsdaddy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 970 Likes on 864 Posts
I just made reservations last week. As everyone else can testify, rooms, in the area, are not readily available. At least not in the better motels. Thank goodness mine are tentative and I can adjust them. Assuming there is something available.
Having been in the area before, I can testify to the rapid changes in weather and wet conditions. Anyone planning to go should be prepared for cold and/or rain. Most especially if it is moved back into September.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:36 PM
Schuyles
Posting Guru
I checked back (saw the official post via their Facebook page) and it says everything is "on hold" for a couple days. So no new dates yet. Says it will still be at Splash Mountain parking lot, but again, as of now - no dates are confirmed. I appreciate them trying to get it back in Pigeon Forge due to popular demand, but this really is a blow to those who already took vacation. I hope the everyone's reservations can at least be changed or cancelled. This show just can't seem to catch a break...

Old 06-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Schuyles
Posting Guru
Facebook Post

Maybe that link will work for anyone on Facebook and not following their page yet. It's a "new" page so you might be following the old one.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:33 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Spoke to Charlie Tues. afternoon . Said should have new dates by fri. Stated most likely the first weekend in Oct.
Thinking moving the date 3 months before show most people do not realize how many prearranged plans people have made need to be changed , moved , adjusted & etc.
Now we need to reschedule house watching , pet watching , Time off from business , moving the dates of the "Great 2017 Parts Safari " my favorite brothers time off from work ( we stay w/ him ") reschedule lodging in Pigeon Forge ,Damn it !

Old 06-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Have you guys seen the Splash Country parking lot? It's a gradual slope from top to bottom. Bring plenty of wheel chucks. I have a pretty good knowledge of the area. If I were going to attend for more than one day, I'd be focusing on hotels or a condo in the Governor's Crossing area. You can jump on and off Veteran's and miss the bumper to bumper traffic of the Parkway when you're going back and forth. I'd also be very interested in any possible hotel on the Newport Highway in Sevierville (near the intersection of Veterans and 221). Dolly has also built a big monster hotel just up the street from Splash.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:27 PM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
If Charlie Cobble's objective is to completely ruin the largest, oldest and most prolific Ford truck show in the country, then he's doing a fantastic job. I've attended 5 times since '03 and only twice was it in the same place. The size and quality of the show seems to suffer with every move also. Website crashes, venue conflicts, last minute date changes - what a mess. This guy must either be an amateur promoter or a terrible negotiator. We were there at Lebanon last month and this event is only a shadow of what it was the first time I ever went. Unless he gets his act together and grows the quality and size of the show, I'm afraid we won't be back.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:15 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Have been thinking about the sudden date change for the F100 show & have come to the conclusion that some thing is not quite right about it .All the major vendors have had this show on their schedules since the start of the yr.. I would like to believe that lodging accommodations are plentiful in the area and have been made by said vendors long ago . Is a quartet convention that important / popular where it would take precedence ?
Maybe some one was compensated in exchange for assurance by ? to make sure enough lodging & etc. was available that weekend .
Sure would like to trailer the"1ST-RIDE"up to be shown on a national stage (for is very worthy ) and plans to do so have been set in motion but it is not mandatory .

Old 06-29-2017, 05:30 AM
pbsdaddy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 970 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by firstrider
Have been thinking about the sudden date change for the F100 show & have come to the conclusion that some thing is not quite right about it .All the major vendors have had this show on their schedules since the start of the yr.. I would like to believe that lodging accommodations are plentiful in the area and have been made by said vendors long ago . Is a quartet convention that important / popular where it would take precedence ?
Maybe some one was compensated in exchange for assurance by ? to make sure enough lodging & etc. was available that weekend .
Sure would like to trailer the"1ST-RIDE"up to be shown on a national stage (for is very worthy ) and plans to do so have been set in motion but it is not mandatory .

You make a very good point. Some of these vendors have tight schedules. They move from show to show, for 8 to 10 months a year. It's their business, their life. It's bad enough to force the attendees to make changes in lodging, travel and free time, but the vendors aren't dealing with, "free time". It makes me wonder how many will be lost because of the change.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:25 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm curious to know if the real reason is because of the Fall Carlisle show? Charlie said at Lebanon that some of the big vendors would not be a PF because they were already committed to Carlisle.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:52 PM
Steve Bennett
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
1st week of October is going to conflict with Cruisin' the Coast and a lot of the vendors will be affected also. Seems like any date you pick is a conflict to somebody. Just set a date and go with it so folks can make plans. My $.02 for what it's worth, Steve

Quick Reply: Fall 2017 Supernationals in Pigeon Forge - dates are changing