2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Gave up on my Dealer & the F-350 Order

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 08:41 PM
MagicMtnDan
Laughing Gas
Received 140 Likes on 86 Posts
Gave up on my Dealer & the F-350 Order

After weeks of preparation figuring out (with a lot of help from Rodney & others), I finally placed my order for an F-350 Super Duty Lariat PS FX4 CC SB SRW Lariat Ultimate Package with Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood, CA.

Worked with a salesman who helped me get a good deal ($7,500 off of MSRP).

I placed the order on Monday evening. That week I was told that the order could only be placed by the dealer with Ford on Tuesdays. Somehow they didn't place the order the day after I placed my order with the salesman.

This week the salesman contacts me on Wednesday and I expect he'll tell me the order is in. Instead he tells me that they couldn't place the order for a 2017 MY Super Duty and he says, "You're first for a 2018 Super Duty."

That's when I posted on this forum from my phone asking the question that's been asked before. And the responses were the same: the F-150 order bank is closed but Super Duty trucks can be ordered through August for 2017 MY.

I explained this to the salesman and he said they cannot place the order for 2017 MY Super Duty trucks. I told him I'm done. Cancel my order. Refund my deposit. Then he tells me he can't refund my deposit unless I go to the dealership with my CC. That's very inconvenient since I've since moved 60 miles away.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:01 PM
hinsong
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow...sorry to hear this, Dan. I hope the deposit wasn't too much. Seems to me you should be able to provide the CC info over the phone. I hope you find another dealer that will work with you.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:12 PM
SD2
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks but the good news is there is still time to get your order in elsewhere. Hopefully they don't give you a hard time getting that deposit back.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:24 PM
duckduke
More Turbo
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by SD2
That sucks but the good news is there is still time to get your order in elsewhere. Hopefully they don't give you a hard time getting that deposit back.
What epic morons!! Sorry about us experience.

I am planning to order in July. Looks like sooner is better in case I run into epic morons.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:43 PM
wfedwar
Elder User
My dealer didn't want to place an order for me. I have then all the details and they acted like they couldn't get to it right then. Not even to give me a price. I said the MSRP is exactly $xxx according to Ford... They said it was different. They promised to get the order in the system and call me with a price, then we'd order on Wednesday. Wednesday came and went. Then I started getting texts from the sales guy every time a new F250 XL landed in their lot. (I told them I wanted an F350 Lariat) I hate that dealership. I ended up browsing through Ford inventory and found exactly what I wanted about 100 miles away. Drove up there and bought it that evening. Very frustrated with the lack of service here at the local dealer.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:56 PM
AbitaPro
Senior User
That's disappointing, hopefully their local service department will treat you better, when you take in for warranty repairs or maintenance.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:23 AM
Badger350
Junior User
Call your CC company and have them handle it with the morons.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:31 AM
First3Quarter
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by wfedwar
My dealer didn't want to place an order for me. I have then all the details and they acted like they couldn't get to it right then. Not even to give me a price. I said the MSRP is exactly $xxx according to Ford... They said it was different. They promised to get the order in the system and call me with a price, then we'd order on Wednesday. Wednesday came and went. Then I started getting texts from the sales guy every time a new F250 XL landed in their lot. (I told them I wanted an F350 Lariat) I hate that dealership. I ended up browsing through Ford inventory and found exactly what I wanted about 100 miles away. Drove up there and bought it that evening. Very frustrated with the lack of service here at the local dealer.
I agree. M-R isn't the most user friendly dealership although I did find mine on the lot. Did you end up in Lugoff? I will probably take mine elsewhere for service due to their unfriendly nature but not sure where that is just yet. Thinking Hartsville maybe.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:31 AM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call your CC company and can contest the charge. They'll forcibly return your money. After all the run around they've given you, you'd probably enjoy handling it that way!

Old 06-25-2017, 05:43 AM
wfedwar
Elder User
Originally Posted by First3Quarter
I agree. M-R isn't the most user friendly dealership although I did find mine on the lot. Did you end up in Lugoff? I will probably take mine elsewhere for service due to their unfriendly nature but not sure where that is just yet. Thinking Hartsville maybe.
I ended up at Dick Smith in Columbia. I'll do most of the service myself, but need to find a place that can do the bigger jobs when they come up...

Old 06-25-2017, 11:11 AM
kry226
Fleet Mechanic
Received 385 Likes on 215 Posts
Do you guys notify Ford about all of these shenanigans? Do they care? I find it hard to believe they would appreciate dealers making it difficult for customers to buy trucks.

Old 06-25-2017, 06:41 PM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealers like that end up filing for bankruptcy due to their mismanagement. To be honest, they did you a favor. If they are that difficult to deal with on something as utterly simple as placing an order, I can't imagine needing their Service Dept. to handle a major problem for me. You need to send them a Thank you card telling them how great of an experience their mismanagement resulted in for you at the other dealership.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
CC chargeback.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:13 AM
Louisville Joe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 113 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan

That's when I posted on this forum from my phone asking the question that's been asked before. And the responses were the same: the F-150 order bank is closed but Super Duty trucks can be ordered through August for 2017 MY.
Not sure that is correct. I think production for the 2017's ends in August, and the order banks usually close for the model year around the beginning of June. I was told officially the 2017 650/750 order bank closed a number of weeks ago, and even orders for 2017's already in the system were to be delayed and filled with 2018's.

I did not specifically check on F-250's and 350's, so if I were you I would call Ford Customer Service and find out from them.

FWIW, if you order a Chevy HD now you will get a 2018. Don't ask, I don't want to get into it around here. Thanks!

Old 06-26-2017, 06:14 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe
Not sure that is correct. I think production for the 2017's ends in August, and the order banks usually close for the model year around the beginning of June. I was told officially the 2017 650/750 order bank closed a number of weeks ago, and even orders for 2017's already in the system were to be delayed and filled with 2018's.

I did not specifically check on F-250's and 350's, so if I were you I would call Ford Customer Service and find out from them.

FWIW, if you order a Chevy HD now you will get a 2018. Don't ask, I don't want to get into it around here. Thanks!
They can be ordered till 9/1.

Quick Reply: Gave up on my Dealer & the F-350 Order