1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Some progress pics on the 50 panel for everyone

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:06 PM
Lola's Panel
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some progress pics on the 50 panel for everyone

Been almost 3 years. Thanks to everyone on here for all the help, you may not know it because I don't post much but this site has been a lifesaver for me.

my ride height with rearend soft mounted

just dreaming of cruising

driver side floor repair

driver side floor repair

seat base mockup

Old 05-27-2017, 08:20 PM
Lola's Panel
Mountain Pass

mostly finished floor, need to make a panel for the steering column and brake pedal

craigslist seat score

exhaust routing, shiny driveshaft and custom stainless fuel tank

kept it ford, 302 with headers DUI distributor, one wire alternator, FItech go street 400hp throttle body EFI, hooker headers,home built u-fit exhaust kit with h pipe and cherry bombs.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Lola's Panel
Mountain Pass
Had my first fire up last weekend and it went mostly ok. It has a painless 21 circuit wiring harness with an electric fan and of course fuel pump for the EFI. I did some more tuning this weekend and its getting better. The wiring is really quite simple but I haven't done much wiring so it took awhile to get familiar with everything and memorize the colors and what wires go where. Once that was done it was pretty.....well....painless, haha. Except for that whole hooking the wires up and shrinkwrap and crimping and stripping. Well I forgot to plug the emission holes in the back of the heads so of course that was a surprise when it started and had the biggest exhaust "leaks" it seemed ever. I also for got to plug all the holes in the new intake I put on, whoops. Then once the we sorted those issues out when the motor finally got up to temp the upper radiator hose blew off the radiator. It's amazing how much scalding hot water a new water pump can push even at idle. We got really lucky that nobody was standing next to it.....really lucky. Over all I am happy with everything so far and hope to have it driving in a couple of weeks and ready for our local annual festival, Beef Days.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:37 PM
BTclassics
Senior User
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Looking good!

Old 05-27-2017, 09:09 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts
Like your panel...

Old 05-27-2017, 09:50 PM
Lola's Panel
Mountain Pass
Thank you both. I have a looooong way to go but hope to drive it a little this summer and tear it apart this winter and finish and paint the frame and suspensions. At that time I will take care of some more body work too.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:08 PM
gerrymoe
Laughing Gas
Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
Nice work and I think you nailed the stance

Old 05-27-2017, 11:36 PM
Lola's Panel
Mountain Pass
Thanks gerrymoe. I think its a little tall but it has coilovers all around so I may be able to adjust that a little. Overall though I don't think its to bad, if I had to do it over again I would have bought the set of wheels and tires that will be on the car permanently or mock up some dummy wheels to get everything just right.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:58 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
I'm thinking very seriously about putting the Fitech on my motor too. Be sure to let us know what you think of it..

Old 05-28-2017, 10:23 AM
Lola's Panel
Mountain Pass
I will be sure to let you all know what I think of it. It seems to be doing a good job so far but I will find out more once it's on the road

Old 05-28-2017, 10:28 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
There seems to be more guys using it which is good, I'm playing around with a carburetor right now...

Old 12-12-2017, 01:44 PM
jays '56 f-100
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lola's Panel, I really like the fuel tank you built! Could you tell me more about it? I'd like something similar for my '56 F-100. I want to get the tank out of the cab and am not in love with the tank in the rear between the frame. Looks like you're going to have a sweet ride soon.
jays '56 f-100

Old 12-12-2017, 03:59 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Any updates on your panel...hint hint!!

Old 12-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Lola's Panel
Mountain Pass
Hey guys, sorry I don't have any updates on the panel other than the fact that it didn't make it on the road last summer. So after the first startup, the brakes needed to be bled and gone over and there were some issues when the bleeding took place. Actually there was a defect in the T for the brake light switch that caused a flare to leak and be permanently damaged. So the project stalled because that was right before my wife and I had our first baby. He's five months old now and winter is here again and the panel is back on my radar and I will set another goal to have it on the road and try not to blow it. If you still have any questions about that FITECH, I cant answer them but I can saw that more and more people are using it, I've talked to people that have installed them and have them on their cars and love them but they have to be driven so they can learn and self tune.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Lola's Panel
Mountain Pass
Oh, about the fuel tank. I made it out of Stainless Steel. It was my first time tig welding stainless so it was fun and interesting. Had some troubles with the inside corners on the notch for the crossmember but eventually got it sealed up. My original tank was not rusted through or anything but the inside clearly had lots of particulates in it. Sure, it probably could have been cleaned and resealed and lined but after looking at some sealing products and reviews and weighing out the time and money involved in having the old tank refurbished it was decided to make a new one. I think all the stainless and bungs necessary was about 250$. My dad bent it up at his work and cut the squares for the baffles, there are two. It came out to be 16 or 18 gallons, I cant remember. I hope this helps. It was worth making the new one though, looks good and it's one more thing that I was able to create which is what really matters. It was worth the experience for sure.

Quick Reply: Some progress pics on the 50 panel for everyone