2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Factory Stobe Lights on KR???

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 09:40 PM
Crfuels
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Stobe Lights on KR???

So I just ordered my first new ford truck yesterday and needless to say I am very excited. I want to thank everyone on this forum as it has been very helpful with the ordering of my truck. Now for the question I do snow removal and need to have strobe lights on my truck and was very excited to see factory strobes as an option. The super duty brochure shows it as an option on all trim models including my KR however the dealer insists he can not order it with them and is suggesting we install them afterwards👎. If anyone would have any suggestions on how the dealer can get this option included from the factory I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-26-2017, 10:03 PM
AbitaPro
Senior User
You can purchase better quality lighting and set it up yourself. Have you seen the factory setups, they mount on top of your hood, really doesn't look factory to me at all!

Old 05-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Crfuels
Freshman User
Ya not that crazy about the front ones myself but I like how the rear ones are built in to the third brake light. Also the ones up front need to be up higher than the grill in order to be visible with the plow up.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Habemus Quattro
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You lose the CHMSL camera if you get the strobe light, so you can't order that if you have either the ultimate trailer tow camera setup or the CHMSL camera option.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Crfuels
Freshman User
Ahhh that makes perfect sense... Well I definitely want the ultimate trailer camera package so I guess I will need to figure something out with the aftermarket.

Thanks Habemus you just answered both of my questions in 5 min lol👍👍

Old 05-26-2017, 10:29 PM
Habemus Quattro
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
​​​​​

Old 05-26-2017, 11:29 PM
Kingofwylietx
Fleet Mechanic
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by AbitaPro
You can purchase better quality lighting and set it up yourself. Have you seen the factory setups, they mount on top of your hood, really doesn't look factory to me at all!
You are absolutely wrong about the quality. You are making assumptions about a light you obviously have no personal experience using or installing. However, you are correct that you can mount them yourself.

SoundOff Signal and Whelen are the top tier manufacturers of emergency lights. Period. It's not even disputed. They are made in the US, not China. Top notch. These are real emergency vehicle lights, not cheap consumer products. I have sets of these that have been in service for many years and they are as bright today as when they were new. Consumer products are made cheaply and the LEDs tend to get too hot and dim over time....not these. I have a lot of experience with them and have used them on my vehicles....and installed them on several other trucks.

The lights they show on the hood are SoundOff Ghost lights and I can think of better places to put them. You can buy the multimount version of the Ghosts and mount them in a ton of places.

They also make a unit, I forget the name of the model (I think it's the NForce...a quick look at their website will show you their options) that can strobe one color, then be actuated as steady-on in a different color....so strobe amber, but then light up steady white as a work light.

Originally Posted by Crfuels
Ya not that crazy about the front ones myself but I like how the rear ones are built in to the third brake light. Also the ones up front need to be up higher than the grill in order to be visible with the plow up.
If you get the Ghost lights with multimount, you can mount them under your rear bumper to avoid losing the camera. They are very low profile.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:32 PM
LCR
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I'd mount them inside

Old 05-26-2017, 11:41 PM
k7lvo
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Get on YouTube and search for emergency lights or strobes on Superdutys. There's some really cool looking rigs out there.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:39 AM
vtfireftr
Junior User
Invest in a pair of Whelen dual ION's amber with clear override. Mount them on a Whelen license plate bracket on the rear of your truck. This way you can have rear warning and clear work/back up lights. They will also be mounted where backing onto a snow bank will not damage them. Total investment about $250. Yes pricey, but they come with a full 5 year warranty. If you have head ache rack, invest in a Whelen mini led bar. several models available at all sorts of prices. www.strobesnmore.com

I am a huge Whelen fan because they are made in CT and NH. and their customer service is AMAZING.

I will attempt to put a link to my you tube video. I have aa pair of red/clear IONS mounted on a license plate bracket.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:42 AM
vtfireftr
Junior User
Wasn't able to post a link. But in another post on this web site I posted the video. Do a quick search and you'll find it.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:35 AM
Crfuels
Freshman User
Thanks vtfireftr I am definitely likening the idea of the ones that can double as a work light so I will look into these.