2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Pace Edwards Ultragroove Tonneau Cover for my 2017 F250 installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:55 PM
matrix311
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pace Edwards Ultragroove Tonneau Cover for my 2017 F250 installed

Since there have been a bunch of Tonneau Cover threads I figured I would start one for the Pace Edwards Ultragroove for people considering this cover as an option. This is a roll type cover that rolls into a canister at the front of the truck bed. Ya you lose a little bit of space but its worth it due to the space you gain elsewhere. The install and removal is very easy as well and completely tooless and can be removed in a matter of minutes. I would highly recommend this cover, its very secure, low profile and looks great especially if you are an outdoor person who wants a rack above the truck bed, this is a great solution.

Here is a link to the cover.
UltraGroove

Here are some photos of the stereo equipment I put in as well.

I also upgraded the remote start and added an alarm. I went with the CompuStar MAXIT system with the CompuStar T11 remote which gives up to a 3 mile range (so far tested and confirmed working at 2 miles). I added the additional sensors for the alarm (shock, if someone breaks window, tilt if someone jacks it up to try to steal wheels and acceleration if someone try's to tow it) and I also installed the engine lock relate so it kills the engine.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:46 PM
fordquist
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice looking truck! You have great taste. If I didn't pull a fiver that would be my tonneau of choice. I just can't risk making my bed rails any taller than they already are. Is the bike rack an accessory by the same​ manufacturer? I have friends with travel trailers that are looking for such a creature.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:55 PM
natpark
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks great, I went with the Truck Covers USA and Rhino Rack products and really like mine too.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:36 PM
Cavalier240
Senior User
Digging up an older post here, but wondering how both of these covers have held up. Any leaking?

Old 10-11-2017, 04:04 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
I needed a removable rack having more height and heft and got the combination below HERE.

Attached Images  
Old 10-11-2017, 04:08 PM
matrix311
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cavalier240
Digging up an older post here, but wondering how both of these covers have held up. Any leaking?
Mine is perfectly fine. Just keep the track clean and keep it lubed with 303 aerospace cleaner and it works like a champ!

Old 10-11-2017, 05:33 PM
grege
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by matrix311
Mine is perfectly fine. Just keep the track clean and keep it lubed with 303 aerospace cleaner and it works like a champ!
How big is the canister with the Pace Edwards?

Old 10-11-2017, 07:58 PM
jnuechte
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by matrix311
This is an older thread but wow the to exact covers I was debating between. I really like both in that you don't need a key to open them, and you can put racks above them for in my case bikes... I have a couple follow up questions.

1. How well are they keeping water out? Yes nothing is 100% but there are certainly some that are better than others.
2. Can you clear up the complete confusion as to what thule parts you need to mount the bike racks you have? It seems there is a small part that connects to the track, then another riser that locks down on it, and finally the square tube crossbar that connects between the two. Thule's site is horrible, there is no way to search for what you need to do this...
3. Do either of you guys have experience with the other brands? I keep wavering between the Pace Edwards, and the Truck Covers USA.
4. Any negatives about your particular cover you can pick out?

Thanks so much!

Old 01-23-2018, 11:01 AM
BigSpenda864
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by jnuechte
This is an older thread but wow the to exact covers I was debating between. I really like both in that you don't need a key to open them, and you can put racks above them for in my case bikes... I have a couple follow up questions.

1. How well are they keeping water out? Yes nothing is 100% but there are certainly some that are better than others.
2. Can you clear up the complete confusion as to what thule parts you need to mount the bike racks you have? It seems there is a small part that connects to the track, then another riser that locks down on it, and finally the square tube crossbar that connects between the two. Thule's site is horrible, there is no way to search for what you need to do this...
3. Do either of you guys have experience with the other brands? I keep wavering between the Pace Edwards, and the Truck Covers USA.

Thanks so much!
jnuechte, did you ever decide which way to go here? I am debating these two as well.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:46 PM
mtnbkr
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks so much!
I've got the Ultragroove Metal, but I use Yakima Landing Pads (0, I believe), Control Towers and round bars. My bike racks themselves are Thule Criterium, cuz they're the coolest looking. I've run this setup for years, but only recently with a tonneau underneath. With the right combo of load bars and racks, as many as 5 mountain bikes will fit up there.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:58 PM
ssmith100
Cross-Country
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
How do you like the Audiofrog 6x9's ??? I'm thinking of doing these in my front doors with a set of Morel MT250 tweeters I already have. Are you using the PAC AP4 to get signal to the 360 ??

Thanks,

Shane

Old 01-23-2018, 04:50 PM
5starinc
Junior User
Looks lovely! Is the pace edwards difficult to push back and bring forward to close?? My father went with a Retrax Pro on his and its a bit rough for my liking... Not sure if all flush bed covers work this way.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:54 PM
jnuechte
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864
jnuechte, did you ever decide which way to go here? I am debating these two as well.
You know I never heard back and haven't made the purchase yet, however after all my research I am heavily leaning towards the Pace Edwards. Just seems like a larger more well known company, and the overall looks/function of the topper seems nicer based on what I have seen on Youtube. Guessing when all said and done either are very nice options though.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:26 PM
mtnbkr
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You know I never heard back and haven't made the purchase yet, however after all my research I am heavily leaning towards the Pace Edwards. Just seems like a larger more well known company, and the overall looks/function of the topper seems nicer based on what I have seen on Youtube. Guessing when all said and done either are very nice options though.
Got my Ultragroove Metal from AutoAnything for $1584 shipped (CCSB).

Old 01-24-2018, 08:45 AM
BigSpenda864
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by mtnbkr
Got my Ultragroove Metal from AutoAnything for $1584 shipped (CCSB).
I've been online shopping and have only seen them between $1700+ and $1900. Still shopping though!!

Quick Reply: Pace Edwards Ultragroove Tonneau Cover for my 2017 F250 installed