2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017 Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 09:14 AM
hellersharleys
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Tips and Tricks

I have not had a chance to spend a lot of time going over all the bells and whistles of the trucks...I think I only have 500 miles on mine. 17 F-350 Platinum...What are some tricks to special features or hidden features I do not know about...

Old 09-29-2016, 09:22 AM
archerseven
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have an extended (super)cab I'd be interested to see if your rear seats fold down like mine. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post16585319

A lot of people don't seem to know that you can roll the windows down from the key fob, though I guess I don't know what key fob the platinum has, if you hit the unlock button twice and hold it the second time for five seconds, the front windows roll down.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:24 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hellersharleys
I have not had a chance to spend a lot of time going over all the bells and whistles of the trucks...I think I only have 500 miles on mine. 17 F-350 Platinum...What are some tricks to special features or hidden features I do not know about...
There is so much to learn. One of the biggest tips is to sit in the truck and read the owners manual from cover to cover. Address each item and locate it on the vehicle. Then bring your specific questions to the forum and one or a hundred people will help you find the answers you are looking for. Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new truck!

Old 09-29-2016, 10:15 AM
RubyRed350Platinum
Senior User
I love that you can stop the chime when you have the door open and the truck is running. I get in and out of the truck all day and the chime drives me crazy on other models. The new SD you can just hit OK and acknowledge that you know the truck is running and the door is open and the chime turns off.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:38 AM
archerseven
Senior User
Originally Posted by RubyRed350Platinum
I love that you can stop the chime when you have the door open and the truck is running. I get in and out of truck all day and the chime drives me crazy on other models. The new SD you can just hit OK and acknowledge that you know the truck is running and the door is open and the chime turns off.
Didn't know that! That's awesome. Wonder if that works in accessory, too. I like to leave it in accessory to leave the radio running when I'm unpacking.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:49 PM
1634Joe
Senior User
I hope I can remember all this great information that is being brought to this forum. I don't have my truck yet another month away but love learning. I currently have a 2000 psd so I'm going to have a (big) learning curve

Old 09-29-2016, 06:51 PM
invstr55
Senior User
Has anyone found a way to keep the BLIS on then towing a 5th wheel or similar trailer?

Old 09-29-2016, 07:03 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by invstr55
Has anyone found a way to keep the BLIS on then towing a 5th wheel or similar trailer?
I believe BLIS only works for up to a 30' trailer due to the range of the radar in the rear tail lights. Having said that, why not just program your trailer into the system as a bumper pull instead of a fiver? This is the only way that the system could know that you are pulling a fiver. (On my 16 F150 you don't enter length only type of trailer)

If you had a 40' trailer you would not have coverage past the 30' point on the trailer so it wouldn't work worth a darn.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Rasty1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BLIS happens when you get your truck........just saying

Old 09-30-2016, 11:14 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am still wondering if I am turning on accessory power correctly.

When I go out and sit in my truck while it's in the garage and want to turn on power but not start it to mess with the gadgets, I just press the start button w/out having my foot on the brake.

Doing it that way turns on the a/c and basically everything else. Not like turning the key back towards like you are in a key ignition vehicle.

Seems weird that the a/c would power on so that's he part that makes me think I may be missing something.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:19 AM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
The fan comes on with Accessory the compressor wont run without the engine, unless they put in the Fusion electric compressor, I was surprised when I first looked under the hood of our Fusion Energi, no belts for anything, all electric accesories.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
I believe BLIS only works for up to a 30' trailer due to the range of the radar in the rear tail lights. Having said that, why not just program your trailer into the system as a bumper pull instead of a fiver? This is the only way that the system could know that you are pulling a fiver. (On my 16 F150 you don't enter length only type of trailer)

If you had a 40' trailer you would not have coverage past the 30' point on the trailer so it wouldn't work worth a darn.
There is also the fact that the radar cannot see around corners and the trailer is in the way.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:57 AM
celeste646
Freshman User
LED daytime headlights

Does anyone know what setting the headlights need to be on to allow the C bar LED's to run even during the day? I thought that they would be on automatically all the time in any position but it doesnt seem to be that way. Thanks!

Old 09-30-2016, 12:51 PM
BGWN
Junior User
Originally Posted by EightySecond
I am still wondering if I am turning on accessory power correctly.

When I go out and sit in my truck while it's in the garage and want to turn on power but not start it to mess with the gadgets, I just press the start button w/out having my foot on the brake.

Doing it that way turns on the a/c and basically everything else. Not like turning the key back towards like you are in a key ignition vehicle.

Seems weird that the a/c would power on so that's he part that makes me think I may be missing something.
I thought that 1 push without your foot on the brake put the ignition in "RUN"
and 2 pushes put it in "ACC" I could be wrong, I have no truck so someone else will need to confirm.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:03 PM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Quick Reply: 2017 Tips and Tricks