Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Precision Metal Fab RSK

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Precision Metal Fab RSK

RSK= Reverse Shackle Kit.

This is for 86-97 F350s or F250 w a D60 swap

This moves the shackle to the rear of the front springs(where it belongs)
When you hit a bump with the stock set up the axle has no where to go, except FORWARD which in turn pushes the truck UP and gives a hash ride.

With the RSK, it allows the AXLE to move UP and let the truck stay right where it is, give a FAR superior ride.

With the PMF RSK, it allows the use of SuperDuty front leaf springs(3 3/8" longer than the 86-97 springs by moving the front hanger position forward. Longer spring= better ride.

PMF designed the kit to be a completely bolt in deal(using existing frame holes). No cutting or welding.
You have to enlarge the the rear hanger hole(the one under the front cab mount)

I have installed 2 so far and it just gets easier.

My 1st on I installed in my 96 F350 CCLB. I uses U code front springs and B code rear springs. If I blindfolded you and got you in the truck and took you for a ride, you would think you were in a Mercury Marauder .

The second one I installed is in my 97 F250 CCSB w a D60 swap. originally I had the SKY RSK. I had to cut off my bumper brackets, drill 12 holes, weld my bumper bracket to the RSK, and Notch the front bumper. Well today I took it off and replaced it with a PMF version. It took longer to unbolt the SKY one than it did to install the PMF one. In this truck I used V code springs in the front for the added weight of the diesel.

I HIGHLY recommend Anyone w a F350 looking for a better ride toi give Trevor a call a PMF. he does NOT have a listing on his sight yet.
HOME - Precision Metal Fab

Just by design the truck will get a MINIMUM of 2.25" lift. There is just no way around it. And he can build you one up to 5"

here are some pics of the one I just installed today

V V V Bumper brackets are cut off in this photo V V V

Bumper brackets welded back on in their stock location

Old 07-17-2012, 07:01 PM
BearFootCustom
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant count how many times ive hit my head on my roof hitting bumps I thought were small haha. I was goona just use OBS f350 springs and say the hell with it but now im thinking about the rsk again cause i want a small lift too. Whats the cost off the rsk conversion without the leafs?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Well both of mine were prototypes so they were FREE

But IIRC they go for 350-400

Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 PM
GuitarJesus
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
RSK= Reverse Shackle Kit.

This is for 86-97 F350s or F250 w a D60 swap

This moves the shackle to the rear of the front springs(where it belongs)
When you hit a bump with the stock set up the axle has no where to go, except FORWARD which in turn pushes the truck UP gibe a hash ride.

With the RSK, it allows the AXLE to move UP and let the truck stay right where it is, give a FAR superior ride.

With the PMF RSK, it allows the use of SuperDuty front leaf springs(3 3/8" longer than the 86-97 springs by moving the front hanger position forward. Longer spring= better ride.

PMF designed the kit to be a completely bolt in deal(using existing frame holes). No cutting or welding.
You have to enlarge the the rear hanger hole(the one under the front cab mount)

I have installed 2 so far and it just gets easier.

My 1st on I installed in my 96 F350 CCLB. I uses S code front springs and B code rear springs. If I blindfolded you and got you in the truck and took you for a ride, you would think you were in a Mercury Marauder .

The second one I installed is in my 97 F250 CCSB w a D60 swap. originally I had the SKY RSK. I had to cut off my bumper brackets, drill 12 holes, weld my bumper bracket to the RSK, and Notch the front bumper. Well today I took it off and replaced it with a PMF version. It took longer to unbolt the SKY one than it did to install the PMF one. In this truck I used V code springs in the front for the added weight of the diesel.

I HIGHLY recommend Anyone w a F350 looking for a better ride toi give Trevor a call a PMF. he does NOT have a listing on his sight yet.
HOME - Precision Metal Fab

Just by design the truck will get a MINIMUM of 2.25" lift. There is just no way around it. And he can build you one up to 5"

here are some pics of the one I just installed today

V V V Bumper brackets are cut off in this photo V V V

Bumper brackets welded back on in their stock location
Brad, is the ability for the SD springs just with this kit? Or does the sky kit give you that option

Old 08-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by GuitarJesus
Brad, is the ability for the SD springs just with this kit? Or does the sky kit give you that option
The sky kit i removed was designed to use the OBS springs, but I mounted it 3 3/8" forward(and had to cut off the bumper brackets) for the added length of the SD springs.

But from my understanding Sky now offer a RSK designed for SD springs, the thing i dont like about it is, you have to drill holes to mount it and you need to remove the rear hanger and put theirs on in place of it

Old 08-17-2012, 10:07 PM
GuitarJesus
Posting Guru
Gotcha and the PMF should be strictly bolt on? I'm finally getting all the parts I need for a conversion to 4wd, luckily very cheaply. And though I might as well go this route if I do

Old 08-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Tom S
Senior User
Originally Posted by GuitarJesus
Gotcha and the PMF should be strictly bolt on? I'm finally getting all the parts I need for a conversion to 4wd, luckily very cheaply. And though I might as well go this route if I do
The PMF kit will bolt right on. I used the optional bolt holes on mine to add a bit of clearance for sides of the intercooler. That was no big deal just 3 1/2 holes per side which is no sweat with a sharp bit drilling slow.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Tom S
Senior User

All the larger diameter holes use factory holes in the frame. The smaller 1/2 holes are optional.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:57 PM
GuitarJesus
Posting Guru
Well since I have a 460 I won't have to worry about the intercooler.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:46 AM
ewalt98
Senior User
Hey Diesel Brad,
Do you have any pictures of the rear shackles for the PMF?
Also, is the 2.25 lift over the stock F350 ride height?
I am considering the kit for my F350, along with the SD springs for both front and rear, but I'm not sure if I will need to adjust the rear ride height to maintain a level stance.
I would actually prefer to keep the factory height, but for the better ride, I'm willing to go a little higher.
Thanks
Eric

Old 09-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by ewalt98
Hey Diesel Brad,
I am considering the kit for my F350, along with the SD springs for both front and rear, but I'm not sure if I will need to adjust the rear ride height to maintain a level stance.
I would actually prefer to keep the factory height, but for the better ride, I'm willing to go a little higher.
Thanks
Eric
Here re the PMF shackles for the RSK. Sorry, only one I have. And it is different than the "standard" ones. Mine needed to be lengthened since my hangers were cut when I had the ORU kit on there

Yes. 2.25" over stock F350
You will need to do NOTHING to the rear to keep the truck level.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:12 PM
7DF250
Elder User
What code springs for the 460? V are diesel springs? I like the PMF a lot for the lower ride height but am I weird for not likeing the rear spring hanger being used for the shackle? I know it has been used by ORU for years but just seems like a weak point. All in my head I'm sure.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:15 PM
ewalt98
Senior User
Thanks Brad.
I didn't realize there was such a rake, maybe because it is already so tall, and I'm rarely on level ground..
I did a quick measurement this evening, and found the front height from the center of the axle to top of the wheel well to be about 24 to 24.5", and the rear around 27". If that is the correct way to measure it, then the 2.25" PMF RSK should be perfect.

Have you any experience with the SKY rear RSK? This supposedly adds 4.5" of lift, but if you remove the block, then it would only be 0.5".

Old 09-11-2012, 04:55 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
I am using U code(4800lbs) springs for my 460 truck
and V code(5200lbs) in my diesel.

The 460 weighs about 200lbs less than the diesel

Old 09-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Tom S
Senior User
Originally Posted by ewalt98
Hey Diesel Brad,
Thanks
Eric
Here a couple on my truck

Quick Reply: Precision Metal Fab RSK