Notices
7.3L Gasoline V8 Engine Discuss the new upcoming 7.3L V8

*crickets*

Old 05-09-2019, 10:23 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to behold
These crickets are getting dang annoying...

Old 05-14-2019, 10:51 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to behold
...please ! Have mercy on us and release some specs!!!

Old 05-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
I've gotta admit, I've been chuckling about all of the speculation is been flying around. Reminds me of all the engine releases we've had in the last 15 years, and how far off idle speculation proved to be. A few months ago I was planning on being in the truck market this summer, but with a medical condition getting a lot worse I had to go a completely different direction because I'm losing function in my hands. And as you can see for my signature, it is nothing like a Super Duty.

Very interested to learn more about the 7.3 L as it becomes available, and the one thing I think we can all accurately agree on is that is going to be an awesome choice in addition to the current offerings.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:11 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Sorry to hear that, Tom. And yeah, the gear head geek in me is also very interested in the 7.3L data.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:57 PM
85e150six4mtod
85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
Speaking of idle speculation, I would say 600 RPM in drive.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:22 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
I love my current 7.3 diesel, but am very interested to see the new 7.3 gasoline numbers.

I don't think I will ever use a gasoline truck to tow our 5th wheel though because using the commercial diesel lanes at a truck stop has paid for itself in frustration and convenience many times over.

Tom, I like the EV movement and feel it is the right direction, but until they can get the range up to 500+ in a single charge and make charging minutes instead of hours and have the charging stations readily available like fuel pumps are, I don't see it taking off for anyone other than short trip drivers.

Until then, I will tow my 5th wheel with the dinosaur 7.3 diesel getting 13.5 MPG with the trailer and 18.5 MPG without the trailer with 75 gallons of fuel on board...

Old 05-16-2019, 05:20 PM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Sous View Post

Tom, I like the EV movement and feel it is the right direction, but until they can get the range up to 500+ in a single charge and make charging minutes instead of hours and have the charging stations readily available like fuel pumps are, I don't see it taking off for anyone other than short trip drivers.
I don’t disagree with any of that, and of course my options are limited because this is one of the only things in production that will steer itself. Just today I spent 90 minutes getting home in the middle of rush hour, and being able to hang my wrist through one of the spokes in the steering wheel to keep the car happy and let the computer handle the rest was absolutely huge for me. I look forward to having more options in the future, but for the moment Tesla is about the only show in town.

I bought the old Expedition to tow the boat with and for any times I need to go anywhere without easy access to a Supercharger along the route.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: