Notices
2019 Ranger Everything about the new 2019 Ford Ranger.

10 weeks, 8,000 miles update

Old 05-02-2019, 02:40 PM
Pgh Rebel
Posting Guru
Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by FordsOnlyGarage View Post
Haven't really paid much attention to back-up lights, I'll try to watch that for you and offer notes.

Headlights are superb, from my 3,000 feedback post:

On visibility - it's just fine out side and front. I think seems even better after from lower ride height of the Flex. Rear window is bit tight but not enough to be significantly bothersome.

I'm doing in low 20's on MPG, but I do a lot of city driving and when I'm on the freeway I have a heavy foot (especially in the Dakotas with the 80mph limits.)
On the step bars, I am going to take back what I said earlier. The height of the rocker is similar to the F150. Asked my wife about her thoughts on the step bars for getting in/out (she's only 5'4"). She says they're definitely a necessity.
Thanks for answering my questions. I actually did take one for a spin last week, a 4wd Super cab. I was impressed by it. I felt the ride height was lower than my '150, but the test truck was an XL with the smaller 16" wheels. I would probably get an STX which I know comes on 17's. Not sure how much of a difference that makes. Visibility seemed pretty good on that day, in those conditions. Don't know about back-up lights/headlights; it was daylight. Although I probably could have had the salesman throw it in reverse while I stand behind it I'm sure that wouldn't be his first dumb question of the day.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Vizsla_Buddy
Senior User
Vizsla_Buddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel View Post
Do the reverse lamps cast enough light behind you when backing up? The reverse lamps have always been one of my biggest gripes about my F-150. Too small and not bright enough. How about the outward visibility out the back and sides of this truck?

Not to highjack the thread ... Same issue on my F150. It seems to me there is likely an aftermarket light that fits into the trailer hitch and plugs into the trailer adapter that could fix this problem. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:10 PM
johnday
Posting Guru
johnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant future
I have this on my 150, I got %15 off when they introduced these with a preorder. Works great on the 150, no reason it wouldn't on the Ranger.
https://www.vleds.com/lpr-reverse-72-w.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: