Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Exhaust Manifolds blow out

Old 07-18-2019, 08:43 AM
xcrsp440
Elder User
xcrsp440 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The boost issue-
Once you get the leaks repaired, it would be good to use an app to start reading sensor outputs.
You will want to see things like vgt%, ebp value, perhaps the turbo veins are sticking?

Old 07-18-2019, 08:52 AM
tj4ndirish1968
Freshman User
tj4ndirish1968 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by xcrsp440 View Post
The boost issue-
Once you get the leaks repaired, it would be good to use an app to start reading sensor outputs.
You will want to see things like vgt%, ebp value, perhaps the turbo veins are sticking?
Hopefully when he takes it to the shop, his friend will run a scan on it. If not, then I guess I'll have to. If I do, I'll post on another thread for help
I didn't specifically look at the turbo, but the friend where we were using his lift, did say that he saw the turbo spinning. Stepson did buy turbo cleaner. I just texted to ask if he's used it yet.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:23 AM
tj4ndirish1968
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tj4ndirish1968 View Post
Hopefully when he takes it to the shop, his friend will run a scan on it. If not, then I guess I'll have to. If I do, I'll post on another thread for help
I didn't specifically look at the turbo, but the friend where we were using his lift, did say that he saw the turbo spinning. Stepson did buy turbo cleaner. I just texted to ask if he's used it yet.
Of course, unless I'm holding his hand he doesn't do anything.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:35 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by tj4ndirish1968 View Post

You may want to keep it in this threas that way the history is easy to get at for someone that is helping over the internet..

Just a thought.

When you say turbo cleaner What do you mean? The only thing you really need is the 3M 1" Scotch-Brite twist lock disc.
Just be very careful around the posts. The disk can grab and break a post off. Then you out looking for a housing.
Not a low cost issue if that happens.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:42 PM
xcrsp440
Elder User
xcrsp440 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Turbo cleaning is really a disassembly and scrapping away accumulating soot, carbon. I have not heard of a turbo cleaner itself. Something else you can research, several videos on the topic.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:41 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Ford has/had a little kit. I think it was just the 3M disk kit and the turbo install gasket set and bolts.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:17 AM
diesel_dan
Post Fiend
diesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud of
I think he's talking Turbo Cleaner in a can, think Seafoam but there a bunch of others out there... I doubt the kid would even consider pulling the turbo and cleaning it as: "buying a turbo cleaner". Just based on what I'm reading here guys...

Old 07-19-2019, 01:00 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Well if that is what it is take it back of toss in the trash where he can't find.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:03 AM
tj4ndirish1968
Freshman User
Originally Posted by diesel_dan View Post
I think he's talking Turbo Cleaner in a can, think Seafoam but there a bunch of others out there... I doubt the kid would even consider pulling the turbo and cleaning it as: "buying a turbo cleaner". Just based on what I'm reading here guys...
This is exactly what I'm talking about. So, to clean it, it needs to be taken back out I'll leave that up to him

Old 07-19-2019, 07:05 AM
tj4ndirish1968
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
You may want to keep it in this threas that way the history is easy to get at for someone that is helping over the internet..

Just a thought.

When you say turbo cleaner What do you mean? The only thing you really need is the 3M 1" Scotch-Brite twist lock disc.
Just be very careful around the posts. The disk can grab and break a post off. Then you out looking for a housing.
Not a low cost issue if that happens.
Good point Yahiko. I'll keep it here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.