Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Fuel Saving tips

Old 07-14-2019, 08:14 AM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
TooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud of
Glad to see more people learning their vehicle traits with the gun.

For those not owning an infrared gun (cheap these days) inconsistent wheel dust is another good tell.

And yeah, sitting gets the pad end tabs to grow rust, known in the brake industry as lot rot.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Brotherbillstruck View Post
Seems like dragging calipers come up so often here. I do the back of the hand test on the wheels at regular intervals. I have an IR gun also to dig deeper when I notice something. I would bet the everyday drivers have the issue less than someone like me where she sits for days without moving.
I would not say that people using as daily drivers have less issues.
Both the truck that is now my project and the one I drive every day almost
have had gummed up calipers. Tends to be pins most times.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:03 PM
FICMrepair.com
SPONSOR
FICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to behold
I'd say pins are way common, along with the 'lot rot' that Jack referenced. Air pressure is massive as well, along with keeping your foot out of it. FICM tunes are commonly (but not always) reported yielding gains of 1-3 miles/gallon. There are those that claim upwards of 8 miles/gain, but those are the ones that had a trashed FICM to begin with.

A fleet of seven (!) 6.0's with various performance goodies added to them. Yup, it's a sickness all right....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.