Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

1999-2007 Super Duty Stock Tow Mirrors: What TT Mirrors Came on Which Truck?

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

1999-2007 Super Duty Stock Tow Mirrors: What TT Mirrors Came on Which Truck?

Old 05-18-2019, 04:51 PM
Steve56
New User
Steve56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Mark G1 View Post

Yes, I have power windows and door locks. It does not have remote keyless entry.
Thank you kindly for the pictures and the reply. Seems you really do learn something new every day. I was always under the impression the XLs didn't have the option for power windows or locks. I guess it was an option, but for remote keyless entry one would need to upgrade to an XLT package.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:24 PM
super 6.8
Posting Guru
super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Steve56 View Post
What trim level was your 07? XL, XLT, Lariat? Mine's an 07 XL with what I presume is the tow package (trailer brake controller stock along with tow mirrors) but I have fully manual mirrors.
My 2007 is an XLT but loaded about as well as an XLT can be.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:27 PM
Steve56
New User
Originally Posted by super 6.8 View Post
My 2007 is an XLT but loaded about as well as an XLT can be.
Ah that explains it. With mine being a base XL (no power add-on $ options like locks/windows), I have base tow mirrors.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:45 PM
Mark G1
New User
Mark G1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Steve,

I did find this while I was searching for an answer to your question. Looks like these were an option on the XL.

https://www.cars.com/research/ford-f...usb70fot122a0/

Old 05-20-2019, 03:48 PM
Bigbadbronc
Freshman User
Bigbadbronc is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 2016 F 250 XL CC FX4 has a switch for power adjust on drivers door, but no power mirrors. Comments?

Old 05-21-2019, 12:19 AM
Steve56
New User
Originally Posted by Mark G1 View Post
Steve,

I did find this while I was searching for an answer to your question. Looks like these were an option on the XL.

https://www.cars.com/research/ford-f...usb70fot122a0/
Thanks so much for that! Definitely confirms that the XL was able to have XLT-type options added for those who wanted certain features and options while not necessarily wanting to upgrade to a full-blown XLT or Lariat.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:21 AM
Steve56
New User
Originally Posted by Bigbadbronc View Post
My 2016 F 250 XL CC FX4 has a switch for power adjust on drivers door, but no power mirrors. Comments?
Perhaps somebody replaced the mirrors for whatever reason (damaged, stopped working, didn't want/like the originals) with the non-power version? Pretty sure (basing upon my research on this subject) that if the driver's door has a control for power adjust, then the truck would've come from Ford with the appropriate power adjust mirrors. Are your non-power mirrors the same style as the power versions? Also, being non-power, I take it no heat or turn signal/running light switchbacks either?

Old 05-21-2019, 08:21 AM
getn2focus
Freshman User
getn2focus is starting off with a positive reputation.
A lot of good info in this thread. I'm curious as to which, if any of these mirrors have the power folding function? I'm wanting to upgrade my stock 2000 mirrors to the 08-16 model years and I'm looking for power everything including power folding/telescoping if I can get them. Understand that might aftermarket however.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:08 PM
Bigbadbronc
Freshman User
Bigbadbronc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yea, my switch is adjust only. I am going to take off door panels and check for wires. My mirrors are plain tow mirrors, which brings up the fact that the ambient temp sensor is nowhere to be found, and nobody can tell me where.

Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM
Steve56
New User
Originally Posted by getn2focus View Post
A lot of good info in this thread. I'm curious as to which, if any of these mirrors have the power folding function? I'm wanting to upgrade my stock 2000 mirrors to the 08-16 model years and I'm looking for power everything including power folding/telescoping if I can get them. Understand that might aftermarket however.
Basing on what I've read (I could be wrong!):
In 2000, if your truck had power mirrors (either the small "sport" mirrors or the TT mirrors) then you have the wiring harness in your door. So you can upgrade to the new 08-16 mirrors. However, the harness in your door/mirror area won't have all the pins/conductors/wires to correspond with all the wires/pins of the new mirrors which means that if you just connect them as-is, you'll be able to adjust them using the control on your door, but for the lights and heat to work you'll need to splice into some wires under your steering column and behind your headlight switch and run said wires through your door boot and up to your mirror connector, typically by splicing a new one on. The general consensus is that it wasn't until '03 that the Super Dutys had theextra wires in the connector to operate the running light/turn signal switchbacks AND the heat. This was because the mirrors with the lights (and heated glass!) didn't come out until sometime around '03 as per the '03 Super Duty Specs press release found right here on FTE and quoted below for easy reference.
(Info pertaining to mirrors is in bold)
F-250/350
New for 2003
  • All-new 6.0-liter Power Stroke diesel engine with
    325 hp and 550 lb-ft torque, reduced emissions and noise (available early 2003)
  • All-new five-speed TorqShift automatic transmission with 6.0-liter diesel (early 2003)
  • New FX4 Off-Road Package
  • King Ranch Package available on Crew Cabs
    (early 2003)
  • XLT Sport Package with four additional colors now available on Crew Cabs and SuperCabs
  • Improved durability of seat materials on XL trims
  • Inboard armrests standard on XL bucket seats
  • Standard driver-side grab handle on A-pillar
  • Tailgate lock standard on XL trim
  • Optional heated telescoping trailer tow mirrors with integrated turn signal (early 2003)
  • Optional power sliding moon roof on Crew Cabs
    (early 2003)
  • Vinyl 40/20/40 front seat now available on all XL trucks, not just fleet (early 2003)
  • Power seat option available on XLT Sport Package
  • Reverse proximity sensor available on XLT
    Sport Package
  • Snowplow Package can now be combined with
    Camper Package
  • New exterior color: Sonic Blue Clearcoat Metallic

2003 Ford Super Duty Specs Overview
You should be golden if you ONLY want the power adjustable 08-16 mirrors. Not too sure if the 08-16 TT mirrors came with a non-heated version, but they do make versions that don't have the running/turn signal lights so I'm pretty sure those mirrors never had heat to begin with.

I could very well be slightly or majorly wrong so hopefully somebody a little more versed on retrofitting newer style mirrors on an older Super Duty can chime in.

P.S. What style mirrors do you have on your truck right now? The small "sport" ones? Are they power adjustable?

Old Today, 07:43 AM
getn2focus
Freshman User
getn2focus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Steve56 View Post
Basing on what I've read (I could be wrong!):
In 2000, if your truck had power mirrors (either the small "sport" mirrors or the TT mirrors) then you have the wiring harness in your door. So you can upgrade to the new 08-16 mirrors. However, the harness in your door/mirror area won't have all the pins/conductors/wires to correspond with all the wires/pins of the new mirrors which means that if you just connect them as-is, you'll be able to adjust them using the control on your door, but for the lights and heat to work you'll need to splice into some wires under your steering column and behind your headlight switch and run said wires through your door boot and up to your mirror connector, typically by splicing a new one on. The general consensus is that it wasn't until '03 that the Super Dutys had theextra wires in the connector to operate the running light/turn signal switchbacks AND the heat. This was because the mirrors with the lights (and heated glass!) didn't come out until sometime around '03 as per the '03 Super Duty Specs press release found right here on FTE and quoted below for easy reference.
(Info pertaining to mirrors is in bold)

You should be golden if you ONLY want the power adjustable 08-16 mirrors. Not too sure if the 08-16 TT mirrors came with a non-heated version, but they do make versions that don't have the running/turn signal lights so I'm pretty sure those mirrors never had heat to begin with.

I could very well be slightly or majorly wrong so hopefully somebody a little more versed on retrofitting newer style mirrors on an older Super Duty can chime in.

P.S. What style mirrors do you have on your truck right now? The small "sport" ones? Are they power adjustable?

The mirrors on my truck are the TT mirrors, not the small sport style. They are power adjustable, but do not appear to have the heater. No icon present anyways. And from what I've gathered, I like you, believe that I'd be ok with just power adjustable only. If I want, and I do, the other features, from what I understood, I'd have to wire them in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.