1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

E-fuel from Mark Fugazzotto purchased

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 12:15 PM
StrokerPains
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im really thinking the from what I read I removed the resonator on my truck and just left the muffler. I did this the week after the fuel so it could have just changed it enough that what im hearing is exhaust drone. Under a load its going to be louder than idle and ive heard that it can make the sound seem like behind you or in front of you or under you so who knows maybe I need to tinker with the exhaust.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Hit Man X
Lead Driver
Received 1,170 Likes on 951 Posts
Thumbs up

Any idea what size those ferrules are for the compression fittings?

I need to order a spare set of fuel filters too, come to think of it!

Old 11-12-2018, 12:40 PM
StrokerPains
New User
No im sorry I dont know the size. I crossed mine over to a WIX filter mostly cause I had trouble with the napa filters that came with it sealing.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:58 PM
Hit Man X
Lead Driver
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by StrokerPains
No im sorry I dont know the size. I crossed mine over to a WIX filter mostly cause I had trouble with the napa filters that came with it sealing.

Somewhere in this thread I think Glenn posted a link to a site that shows filters that will fit. I found the Baldwins that way.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:45 AM
StrokerPains
New User
Just so you know you can call mark any time he will gladly help you. I called him last saturday at like 10 AM Central time. I think he is eastern and he quickly answered the phone and answered my questions im sure he can help you get those fittings. he gave me pump part numbers that would cross over ETC.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:17 PM
Hussler
Postmaster

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you heard any new noises when you switched to this system? I installed in may. Got stranded on the side of the road a couple days ago turns out the ground eyelet (pre-installed to the motor) got moisture corroded the wire and broke the ground wire off and the fusible link fried. Replaced this weekend with quality heat shrink connectors. Ever since installing this, however, I have been hearing humming from the engine only since I installed it. re-build the injectors and the turbo thinking maybe they are making the noise. No engine codes. The only thing that I did was switch to this kit. Occasionally hearing air getting back to the tank as well but no fuel leaks. What have you experienced? Love the kit just curious what other people are experiencing after the change.
Im really thinking the from what I read I removed the resonator on my truck and just left the muffler. I did this the week after the fuel so it could have just changed it enough that what im hearing is exhaust drone. Under a load its going to be louder than idle and ive heard that it can make the sound seem like behind you or in front of you or under you so who knows maybe I need to tinker with the exhaust.
I think you are correct. The part you removed is probably the CAT, a (particulate filter). When removing that and moving around the exhaust pipes it's easy for some to rub against the firewall or transmission. When driving this can cause some very strange vibrations and noises. Look in two area's for contact and readjust as necessary.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:02 PM
terrylamar
Senior User
Originally Posted by Hit Man X
I will send you his email via PM.
I could use his contact info, also. I plan to install it, among other up grades in a couple of weeks.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:38 AM
StrokerPains
New User
Originally Posted by Hussler
I think you are correct. The part you removed is probably the CAT, a (particulate filter). When removing that and moving around the exhaust pipes it's easy for some to rub against the firewall or transmission. When driving this can cause some very strange vibrations and noises. Look in two area's for contact and readjust as necessary.

Just so you know a 1995 unless its a CA truck does not have a cat just a resonator. I because im new to 7.3L didnt know that. SO I removed it. If I knew it was just a resonator I would have left it in. I have nothing touching anything ive checked 6 or 8 times, but ive been told your exhaust may hum or resonate when you remove it which could account for my issues......

Old 11-14-2018, 08:51 AM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 518 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by Hussler
Just so you know a 1995 unless its a CA truck does not have a cat just a resonator. I because im new to 7.3L didnt know that. SO I removed it. If I knew it was just a resonator I would have left it in. I have nothing touching anything ive checked 6 or 8 times, but ive been told your exhaust may hum or resonate when you remove it which could account for my issues......
Listen to Jim! All 94.5-97 trucks with the powerstroke engine left the factory with a cat.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:53 AM
StrokerPains
New User
All I can say is regardless it was taken out and a CAT delete pipe was put in around may!

Old 06-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Bolander94
New User
Just so you know you can call mark any time he will gladly help you. I called him last saturday at like 10 AM Central time. I think he is eastern and he quickly answered the phone and answered my questions im sure he can help you get those fittings. he gave me pump part numbers that would cross over ETC.

How do I contact Mark, really want this kit!

Old 06-12-2019, 09:55 PM
B-Rad88
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bolander94
How do I contact Mark, really want this kit!
MARK.FUGAZZOTTO@GMAIL.COM

571-296-4404

this is the last information on him. I'm not sure if he's active here or on any forums. People just seem to know about him.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:22 AM
Bolander94
New User
Originally Posted by B-Rad88
MARK.FUGAZZOTTO@GMAIL.COM

571-296-4404

this is the last information on him. I'm not sure if he's active here or on any forums. People just seem to know about him.

Thanks, got ahold of him and got hooked up!

Old 06-13-2019, 10:50 AM
Hit Man X
Lead Driver
Exclamation

Dude, do not put that online. Spam bots can pick that stuff up...that is why I never posted it.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:08 PM
B-Rad88
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hit Man X
Dude, do not put that online. Spam bots can pick that stuff up...that is why I never posted it.
I found it from a Google search and it showed up on several different forums. I didn't realize it that was big of a deal but if he tells me he doesn't want his info on here I will gladly ask to have my post taken down.

Quick Reply: E-fuel from Mark Fugazzotto purchased