View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 12:45 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Crime Prevention / Excursions

Just for the sport of it, let me lay a crime prevention tip on you. Because of this, I have NEVER had a car, truck or van broken into. Even though on rare occasions vandals and thieves have hit cars in my neighborhood.

The little red flashing "theft" light in the instrument cluster is almost invisible. It's totally next to useless in discouraging anybody from breaking into your Excursion.

Go to eBay and buy a VARAD flashing alarm light. Example below.....

It is a very easy install. Drill one 5/16" hole and then a very simple 3 wire hookup.

I installed mine right under and to the right of the headlight switch. It's therefore easily seen by somebody standing outside the door thinking about breaking my Excursion. (I have them on all of my vehicles)

When you start the engine, the fake alarm light cuts off. When you turn the engine off, it blinks continuously. And best of all, nobody knows if it is fact hooked to a real alarm or not.

It is the best $10 you might ever spend.

Sample......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Varad-Anti-Theft-Hyper-Bright-Red-Alarm-LED-LL104-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33713QQihZ009QQitem Z190036157110QQrdZ1