Old 07-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The way I look at it is this:

Toyota builds machines to hang together the first time around for a very long time. But they also redesign and change very rapidly.They are intended to be used up, and then disposed of.

Rangers and other Ford trucks are designed to be repairable, and modifyable. You can get an amazing working lifetime out of a Ford truck if you take reasonable care of it, and customise it any way you want to fairly cheaply. You can rebuild them, effectively renewing the truck and driving it through any number of successive useful lifetimes...

I really can't picture anybody rebuilding a Tacoma so many times that it becomes classic. If they did - I wouldn't consider it classic anyway.

But in my opinion Ranger trucks have every bit as much lasting style as Mustang cars.

You may not agree with that, or even that Ford trucks in general have lasting style and tradition - heritage, whatever. I think they do, that's me.

I am considering getting something other than a Ranger though, just for the sake of it and because my money troubles just may have been solved for good recently what with my new job. I saw this on the way to work, and in a few months if it is still available I think I can get it:

Attached Images