View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 11:28 PM
hobbie1
Tuned
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by hobbie1
UPDATE

Installation as described above was completed today.

Sounds awesome!

Pierson's Livermore Auto Stereo provided the speakers and did the installation. As mentioned the tweeters, center channel speaker and sub were left intact. The muddy lack of clarity is gone. I have set my itunes on an iphone X to "loudness" and the sounds are rich and clear.

I listen to a lot of jazz and prefer high "highs" and deep "lows". The JL Audio C2's deliver. I'm now able to experiment and get clear clean sound as I make adjustments.

Next step would be to add additional power. In my case no need to as the system is perfect for me. Best $600 upgrade ever.

Attached are some photos of the sony speakers, the JL's and the settings on my system.

I'm pretty much done and now going to move onto my 2017 Shelby GT 350 to straightened out the Sync 3 Shaker system.

Original Sony Speakers

JL's from the back

JL's front

EQ settings

Fade settings
Quick up date

Just added this 3.5" from Dayton Audio to the center channel. Nice finishing touch.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ps95-8-3-1-2-point-source-full-range-driver-8-ohm--295-349?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign= pla

Systems sounds awesome - Total cost was about $625.

1. In stalled the JL Audio speakers in my doors
2. Removed the Sony sub and packed it with Poly from Michaels
3. Added the Dayton Audio 3.5" sub

Dayton Audio Mini Sub