Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - Want to make Biodiesel. What do I need?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Posting Guru

binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT View Post
in that link is a pdf called biodiesel 101.for starters is states this:

Many would consider cost savings as the principal motivator. Itís true; my cost per rendered
gallon (about $1.15) is less than what I would pay at the pump, but thatís only if I neglect the
time for collection, rendering, and equipment maintenance. Be aware that if you factor in your time and effort, this is a losing game financially

your opinion on that statement?
I personally, have a few reasons why I make biodiesel. Financial reasons is low on the list. My current raw cost to produce of just under $.70/gal is just a side benefit for me.

I look at it this way. If I were to cultivate and tend to a garden, my tomatoes would be quite expensive if I were to factor my labor. It would be far easier to make a quick trip to the store and just buy some for a couple bucks.

Making biodiesel is certainly not for everyone. For me it's a choice to make the commitment to a certain level of independence.