View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 PM
frt2599
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blieux1
OK SO SOMETIMES WHEN I PUT THE TRUCK IN REVERSE IT TAKES A BIT BEFORE IT ENGAGES. I THOUGHT I READ SOMEWHERE WHERE FORD HAD A FIX FOR THIS. JUST GOT DONE AT FORD DEALERSHIP AND THEY CLAIM THATS JUST HOW IT IS. NOT SURE I BELIEVE THIS.

TSB 11-07-10
FORD: 2011 F-Super Duty

ISSUE:
Some 2011 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with 6.7L engines and 6R140 transmission may exhibit a 2-3 shift flare and/or malfunction indicator light (MIL) on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0733 and/or delayed reverse engagement, with a build date on or before 4/11/2011. Symptoms may be more evident or seem worse after an extended soak.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Inspect vehicle build date.
If vehicle build date is on or before 11/19/2010, proceed to Step 2
If vehicle build date is between 11/20/2010 and 4/11/2011, solenoid replacement is not necessary, proceed to Step 3.
Replace the three (3) normally high solenoids. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01B. Proceed to Step 3.
Remove solenoids in-vehicle, identify the service band required for LPC, C35R/SSB, C456/SSE solenoids. Do not remove the main control.
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 73.02 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.5 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at Buy Motorcraft Parts Online | Official Motorcraft Auto Parts Site | FordParts.com.
NOTE: PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
BC3Z-7G383-K Solenoid-Band Number 2
BC3Z-7G383-L Solenoid-Band Number 3
BC3Z-7G383-M Solenoid-Band Number 4
BC3Z-7G383-N Solenoid-Band Number 5

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
110710A 2011 F-Super Duty 6.7L: Check DTCs, Reprogram The PCM And TCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor operations) 0.6 Hr.
110710B 2011 F-Super Duty 6.7L: Check DTCs, Replace Three Shift Solenoids, Reprogram The PCM And TCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor operations) 2.0 Hrs.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
recal 04