Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   NH Chapter Meet plans (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/998195-nh-chapter-meet-plans.html)

7283-F250 10-04-2010 05:29 PM

NH Chapter Meet plans

Ok guys, and girls,

This is just a feeler for now.

I'm trying to come up with some ideas for upcoming meet seen as how the last ideas were all busted.

EDITED

I was speaking with the TN chapter leader and he has his so called wrench-a-thon meets. Chapter members get together at someones house/shop and have an all day work on trucks and BBQ.

NH had a similar meet a couple years back at my place. It was fall cold and only one truck got touched. I have also been to a few car related meets like this that seemed to be decent.

I am not opposed to hosting a so called wrench-a-thon but I am down to one garage bay and the outside. 2 trucks on flat dirt ground. The driveway is one big hill. If someone else has access to a shop or is willing to host that might work better.

Things to be done would obviously be smaller like bolt on stuff, possible brake jobs, ect. Whatever is small enough to be tackeled in a few hours with hopefull a few knowledgable people showing up.
If you do want to attend there is nothing saying your truck needs to be worked on. You can lend a had to others or sit back watch and laugh at the cussin' and nuckel crunching.

Another idea is a tint meet. I know a guy who knows a guy that is the brother of a guy...... Just kidding.
But seroiusly I know a professional tinter that would be willing to come to a location and jsut tint cars all day (fee does apply FYI but I think he is still cheaper than an actaul shop). He usually need between 6-10+ (not sure what his limit would be) vehicles to agree to this. He does great work (did both my focuses) and knows the laws around New England reguarding tint.

Another meet idea from another chapter is a traget range meet. There are a couple indoor ranges in the area and than a few outdoor ranges. Most are for private clubs but someone on here might be a member?

So give us your thought on these types of meet.
If you have other ideas feel free to bring them up.

ron's power stroke 10-04-2010 06:55 PM

we can only vote on one??? whats up with that?? lol

7283-F250 10-04-2010 07:20 PM

I figured yes or no and maybe was both.... :-X04

Speak your mind.

Darksidesm 10-04-2010 07:37 PM

Sounds like fun. Would have to get my truck back on the road first. Wouldn't want to show up in a Chevy!!!

unclejunk 10-04-2010 08:32 PM

i need the two fly windows tinted to match the rest of the windows on the moose maybe tint party at unclejuncks house also a chance for you to see the 500 + hp power plant upgrade just installed in the moose really sweet 436 hp at crank 100 hp shot of nos super sweet

capt caper 10-05-2010 03:08 AM

We can start with putting all the stuff back on my new 6.7.. like air bags,camper tie downs,DeboStep,CB and antenna,GPS mounting,Monster Bedliner, Rus-Fre undercoating.. The truck will be here week of Oct 18th. fresh from KT truck plant. Didn't want get one but hate my 6.4 and it's design.
:-D

taxreliever77 10-07-2010 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Darksidesm (Post 9402251)
Sounds like fun. Would have to get my truck back on the road first. Wouldn't want to show up in a Chevy!!!

Trailer that baby!

7283-F250 12-17-2010 01:11 PM

Any more input on doing this or something similar?

I winter is here but what a better time to try and schedule something for April/May when it worms up.

Speak up people.

7283-F250 01-05-2011 06:46 PM

Bump............