Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   My First Tag (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/994272-my-first-tag.html)

tex25025 09-21-2010 04:44 PM

My First Tag

Let me know what you think about it. This is the very first one right off the press(in every sense of the phrase). I thought y'all especially might like what my very first tag was and how it turned out.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=235197&.jpg

SteveBricks 09-21-2010 06:18 PM

Uh oh..did you get locked up or something? Does the state have you making license plates now?:D

That looks really good. We're required by the DMV to run a front license plate but I wouldn't mind having one for shows and such.

tex25025 09-21-2010 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by SteveBricks (Post 9354109)
Uh oh..did you get locked up or something? Does the state have you making license plates now?:D

Gee thanks. I guess it was only a matter of time that I get locked up in Huntsville.

That looks really good. We're required by the DMV to run a front license plate but I wouldn't mind having one for shows and such.

Same in TX as well, but not in TN.

I would just hang'em up in the room, tack room, garage etc. Even have one on the horse trailer.

lucky_strike 09-21-2010 07:15 PM

i live in ca and i didnt know that :(

but that does look awesome!

wb6anp 09-21-2010 07:57 PM

That's so they can get the plate pictures at the red light cams.

SteveBricks 09-21-2010 08:01 PM

Speaking from experience, Keith? :eek:

wb6anp 09-21-2010 09:00 PM

No luckily not yet, But had a friend that worked for the DMV.

bpounds 09-21-2010 10:17 PM

Yeah, it's too bad we have to display the front plate. But the cops seem to ignore it unless you are stopped for something else. Watch traffic coming at you sometime. Seems like about half the cars don't have one. My brother ran a Minuteman front plate for several years and never did get dinged for it. I guess it is just a fixit ticket if they snag you.

I might be in for one of those. Depending on what else you come up with.

lucky_strike 09-21-2010 10:49 PM

yea ive seen ppl have their plates in their dash in the windshield.

ill be taking one of those too, with a couple other things

tex25025 09-21-2010 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by bpounds (Post 9355145)

I might be in for one of those. Depending on what else you come up with.

When I got those tags, I also got a shipment of 11oz coffee mugs and 14oz travel mugs, but I should also be able to do 20-22oz steins as well. All that I'm waiting on right now is the bigger heat press and the attachments for that to do the mugs and caps(right now I'm sure about being able to do heat transfer vinyl, I don't know about sublimation(that's what I would be doing with the mugs, license plates, coasters etc) as of right now). I'm hoping to get that press and attachments this Friday. The equipment is actually coming from y'alls neck of the woods, Geo Knight is the company.

There is also an attachment for my machine, but I didn't get it as I was unsure of the demand, that would allow me to do sublimation on plates.

There is alot of stuff that I can do sublimation on that is really too numerous to mention. If any of y'all have particular wants, feel free to PM me and I'll let you know what I can do. I think y'all would be surprised. I can even do the little door knob signs like you have at hotels, those "Do Not Disturb" ones. Travel ID tags for luggage, dog tags(for people). A lot of stuff.

lucky_strike 09-22-2010 12:41 AM

what color shirts can you do? i know you said you cant do black shirts but can you maybe grey or tan maybe, if you could send a pm with everything you can do that would be great.