Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Kiwi In Trouble (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/993114-kiwi-in-trouble.html)

TheKiwiBrew 09-17-2010 04:04 PM

Kiwi In Trouble

Hi there I have just bought my first Ford Truck 2002 F250 S/D. The truck was built by Ford Brazil in right hand drive and shipped here to New Zealand brand new. I have got problems with the steering (tie rod, upper and lower drag arms and front wheel bearings/hubs) These parts are way to expensive and hard to get here so I was really hoping one of you guys might be able to help identify the parts that will fit my vehicle so I can buy them over in the US or Canada. I have a shipping company in Boise ID so I can get the bits to New Zealand no problem.Really hope you guys can help otherwise I cant afford to keep the truck.

Wagion 09-17-2010 05:21 PM

You guys just need to learn to drive on the right side of the road.=)

Sorry can't be of much help I would wonder if parts from a left side drive would even be compatible?

mrford60 09-17-2010 05:33 PM

can you post a picture of your steering tierods and draglinks, they might be the same just reversed and i am sure that the hub bearings and hubs would be the same.

TheKiwiBrew 09-19-2010 12:32 AM

thanks

I dont seem to be able to put pics up on here but will try and get something asap thanks for your help..I can email if you have an email addy i can use..mine is a.brew@xtra.co.nz if you want to contact me there and I will email a parts diagram from ford Cheers

TheKiwiBrew 09-19-2010 01:01 AM

Now im a member

1 Attachment(s)
Joined up as I think im going to be spending some quality time here after looking t some of the amazing trucks you guys have! something like them would be pretty special over here thats for sure..anyhow I hope the pic i have attached looks like the steering links on a 2002 super duty over there
cheers

Kajtek1 09-19-2010 02:35 AM

If you have catalog with parts numbers, you shouldn't have a problem to place the order with any seller around the World. Only few companies would refuse taking the order in those hard times.
Try PeachParts FastLane Ford Parts Store
They have parts for your Ford, but not too many drawings, so you have to know what you are looking for.

TheKiwiBrew 09-19-2010 02:42 AM

thanks

At this stage Iwas only able to get the picture no part numbers..will keep tryin Ford are really a bunch of a$$h()l$ down here.. they are the only ones who can supply the parts and won't give me the part numbers so I find them elsewhere Ford N.Z quoted me US$1800!!! for one front bearing/hub just for the part no labour to fit it!!

ken kenmnedy 09-19-2010 06:49 AM

parts guy ed hes a sponser on this web site look at page left hes there

Fordfanatic4life 09-19-2010 02:12 PM

yea sounds like you need to have a convo with PartsguyEd..

he'll def. be the guy to get you sorted, and his prices will be WAY lower then going throu a dealer in NZ i bet...