Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Just wanted to say a little something here for 9/11 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/990846-just-wanted-to-say-a-little-something-here-for-9-11-a.html)

riverrat41 09-10-2010 02:20 PM

Just wanted to say a little something here for 9/11

In recognition to the many lives lost,many injured,and many left with one spouse/one parent.I would like to say,''God Bless You''
For the hardworking service men and women that have gone,still there and left and still protect...''THANK YOU'' for what you do and what you are still doing.....Be Safe!

Ponyboychris 09-10-2010 02:27 PM

Well said, truly a day to reflect.

Kwikkordead 09-10-2010 03:09 PM

Most of us will have the day off tomorrow, but the ones who really deserve our respect.
Military, police, fire, medical, even air traffic controllers, all have to work this weekend.
My heartfelt thanks goes out to all of them.

bama29fan 09-10-2010 03:13 PM

i still think about that day...almost daily.

ghig1967 09-10-2010 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Up until a few years ago, I spent 20 + years as a volunteer fireman.. I also work at the 911 center in the next county over from where flight 93 went down. That plane flew right over my county & as fast as planes fly, was most likely seconds away from crashing somewhere in our county. They truly were heroes on that plane that day. Their sacrifice saved the lives of who knows how many others. I, as well as so many of my friends & co-workers will never forget the sacrifices that day made by the brave people on flight 93 as well as the emergency service personnel & innocent people who lost their lives in the towers & the pentagon..

Rest Easy my Brothers.. You are Not Forgotten "343"

YouTube - 9-11-01 Never Forgotten

frdf250 09-10-2010 05:37 PM

im a firefighter up here in reading, we have a thing planned for tomorow, if anyone is in reading area you should come. its pretty neat. nothing like it.

very well put barry

megawatt00 09-10-2010 05:39 PM

Amen................................

Franko72 09-10-2010 06:31 PM

Amen is right brother................

caseydudem 09-10-2010 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by riverrat41 (Post 9314160)
In recognition to the many lives lost,many injured,and many left with one spouse/one parent.I would like to say,''God Bless You''
For the hardworking service men and women that have gone,still there and left and still protect...''THANK YOU'' for what you do and what you are still doing.....Be Safe!

Great thread. Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes life gets so busy, but its nice to slow down and remember our past and whats truly important. It sure does make you think. Thanks

Mike F250 SD 09-10-2010 08:35 PM

Well said sir! God bless all those that helped after 9/11 also. Many people are sick now from cleaning and not wearing masks.

Texas Outlaw 09-10-2010 08:42 PM

My father was a firefighter in California for 32 years before retiring due to a job related medical condition. On that day, 09/11/01, my sister and I realized just how lucky we were that our father came home successfully from all of his shifts.

343 members of the FDNY didn't make it home from their shifts that day. Their families were changed forever.

Never forget.

F350-6 09-10-2010 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Outlaw (Post 9315471)
343 members of the FDNY didn't make it home from their shifts that day. Their families were changed forever.

Never forget.

I've heard Rudy Giuliani say that the firefighters were able to get out 98% of the people below the fire before the collapse. I don't think anyone expected the towers to come down, but FDNY was still going up when it came down.

Of course their loss, however tragic, is somewhat acceptable since they had volunteered to be first responders and protect the rest of us in situations like this. Same goes for the military volunteers at the Pentagon. What's worse is the people trapped above the fire that we had no way to get to. Regular guys and gals who were just civilians that did not deserve to be targeted, and also the passengers on the planes.

I've seen the news reports where other countries are burning the American flag because someone in Florida might burn a Quran. Be sure to fly an American flag tomorrow, no matter what religion (or lack thereof) you practice.

Visseroth 09-10-2010 09:43 PM

and to all the pricks behind the attack that day... Screw you!

But enough said, you guys said the rest for me, God Bless!

BillyBob69 09-10-2010 10:12 PM

My heart goes out to all those who have lost a loved one due to 9/11. I can only pray and hope for the others out there as well as my own daughter who is in Afghanistan until February.

God Bless you .

ghig1967 09-10-2010 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Visseroth (Post 9315742)
and to all the pricks behind the attack that day... Screw you!

But enough said, you guys said the rest for me, God Bless!

I agree with that.. I'll never forget those who's lives were taken or changed by these actions.. but i'll also never forgive those responsible for the cowardly act of terrorism on this great country of ours !!!