Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Escape & Escape Hybrid (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum36/)
-   -   2009 Escape Sun Roof Leaking (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/987057-2009-escape-sun-roof-leaking.html)

mikepcola 08-28-2010 11:34 PM

2009 Escape Sun Roof Leaking

Took my Escape to Ford Dealer to be fixed they had for 3 days. Got it back Thursday & by Friday it was Leaking again. The Gasket was replaced, next the headliner willl be stained. This is not what I expect for a new Ford. Mike Pcola Fl

Buck 1 08-29-2010 08:30 AM

Before condemning Ford because of a leak, go to a different dealer and have them fix it right. I , and many others, have moon roofs, and no leaks whatsoever. If your dealer had the vehicle for 3 days, and did not repair it correctly, your gripe is with them.

tcesni 08-29-2010 07:55 PM

Certainly shouldn't leak. Take it back and make sure they do it right, in one day.

mikepcola 09-08-2010 10:53 AM

Went back to Ford Dealer (World Ford Pensacola) they said it is suppose to leak a small amount ??? Will be my Last moonroof. MIKE L

Bert56 09-08-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by mikepcola (Post 9306102)
Went back to Ford Dealer (World Ford Pensacola) they said it is suppose to leak a small amount ??? Will be my Last moonroof. MIKE L

The excuses I hear from some dealers is incredible. So, what do they call a sun roof now, a rain roof?

I also have an Escape and hope it doesn't leak this winter.

Thanks, PK:-newbie

Torky2 09-08-2010 01:49 PM

Dealers... ya gotta lov'em... no we don't!

You need to find a dealership where the service dept people have at least one functioning brain among them. This lack of brains is not limited to any particular make of vehicle.

The shop manual has a Pinpoint Test sequence for diagnosing "Roof Opening Panel Leaks". It runs from making sure the customer is parking with the roof opening panel correctly in the closed position, to checking the alignment of the panel, the weatherstrip condition, the water trough condition, the drain hoses (they run down the A & C pillars), checking the drain hoses for correct flow, and lastly, checking the condition of the roof opening panel frame for damage.

You just need to find a dealership where they will actually do it. Yes, you should NOT have to chase around dealers to get the job done correctly. But alas...

I too did not want a sunroof/moonroof/whatever roof. I like a solid roof that I don't have to worry about a leak, broken glass, dead motor or switches, etc. But my wife is the primary driver of it, and the car is really for her use. After she said that for how long we keep vehicles, that it is possible this might be her last new car, I figured if she really wanted a sunroof, well, I'd go with it. So she picked the color and the sun/sync package and I added the cargo package.

I had a feeling that the sunroof would rarely be used, and so it has.