Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum178/)
-   -   1992 Flareside rear step bumper (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/984843-1992-flareside-rear-step-bumper.html)

breno1987 08-21-2010 12:22 PM

1992 Flareside rear step bumper

Hi all,

I'm on the lookout for a rear step bumper for a 1992 flareside -I've searched every scrap yard and auto recycler within 100km of my home, as well as a vicious internet search with no luck whatsoever! My flareside has the indented fiberglass bumper that is flush with the rear of the body and I don't like the look of it, nor is it very functional. I've seen alot of flaresides from the same era with a step bumper and I would really prefer it. I have even taken bumpers off of standard model f-150's and rangers, rigging my own mounts and trying them, but it just doesn't look natural.

Is there ANYONE out there that has a flareside sitting around as scrap or know of any place that would have this part I am looking for. I would love to work out an arrangement to purchase it, pay for shipping etc. and get it up here to Canada. Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS!!

nflfreak43 08-21-2010 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by breno1987 (Post 9243300)
Hi all,

I'm on the lookout for a rear step bumper for a 1992 flareside -I've searched every scrap yard and auto recycler within 100km of my home, as well as a vicious internet search with no luck whatsoever! My flareside has the indented fiberglass bumper that is flush with the rear of the body and I don't like the look of it, nor is it very functional. I've seen alot of flaresides from the same era with a step bumper and I would really prefer it. I have even taken bumpers off of standard model f-150's and rangers, rigging my own mounts and trying them, but it just doesn't look natural.

Is there ANYONE out there that has a flareside sitting around as scrap or know of any place that would have this part I am looking for. I would love to work out an arrangement to purchase it, pay for shipping etc. and get it up here to Canada. Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS!!

hey actually the Fiberglass smooth bumper "roll pan" is not stock. if you was closer i would trade ya but that aint gonna happen with ya being in canada.

FlaresideF150 02-02-2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by nflfreak43 (Post 9243925)
hey actually the Fiberglass smooth bumper "roll pan" is not stock. if you was closer i would trade ya but that aint gonna happen with ya being in canada.

Would you be intrested in selling it? I have a 95 flareside and ive been looking all over for a rear bumper.

nflfreak43 02-02-2011 04:10 PM

and do what run around without a bumper? and no..

95stepside 02-05-2011 02:57 PM

^^ haha i was just thinking the same thing

503racing 02-26-2011 08:02 PM

are you still looking for the rear stepside bumper? i got one in Pa. getting pics and gonna post them. overall its good dont believe its rusted or dented, but needs the plastic trim pcs.

Millenium Edition 04-12-2012 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 503racing (Post 10023470)
are you still looking for the rear stepside bumper? i got one in Pa. getting pics and gonna post them. overall its good dont believe its rusted or dented, but needs the plastic trim pcs.

Not sure whether he is or not, but I am lol