Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Dash to the Dells 2010....anyone going? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/982134-dash-to-the-dells-2010-anyone-going.html)

Michigan Rick 08-11-2010 09:26 PM

Dash to the Dells 2010....anyone going?

Just a call out to see who is doing the Dells this year?

September 17-18-19 are the dates.

Badgerland Ford F-100s Truck Club

Michigan Rick

bobj49f2 08-11-2010 10:36 PM

If my F-2 holds out I plan on being there. Last time it rained so much I didn't go. I just might throw my spare transmission in the panel and have my kid drive it there, he'll like that.

truckdog62563 08-11-2010 10:55 PM

I'll be there again with Rusty. Wish my own was done but it isn't. See you guys there. Stu

Michigan Rick 08-15-2010 09:22 PM

My panel is finally road worthy again......so here we come.

Plus it's the "Unofficial Panel Nats"

Michigan Rick

bobj49f2 08-15-2010 10:12 PM

Right now my prospects of attending is dimming. My panel still needs the transmission and last week the F-2's fuel pump took a crap. Hopefully I'll have some money soon to put into either one, hopefully both. Considering I'm probably the closest person on this board it seems I should be there.

Michigan Rick 08-17-2010 10:14 PM

Bob......you should be there........................along with everyone in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa and ????????

There is just as much stuff to do as Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge or ????

Best 50 mile poker run.

Great trucks.

Fun town.....and scenary!

Best fire pit activities.

Fun Thursday night pub crawl.

and the ladies get a great antigue flea market and arts and craft show! (not your low budget craft show.....the fancy stuff)

Plus the downtown is having it's year end blow out sidewalk sales.

It's time for this show to grow!

Michigan Rick

Fat Fendered Ford 09-14-2010 01:55 PM

I'll be there once again making excuses why my truck isn't done. In my defense, the wife and kids decided I should spend the summer building an elaborate treehouse. Perhaps the winter holds good things for me. Looking forward to it. I'll be at the fire pit Friday night for sure and perhaps Saturday night. :-partybud :-drink

Where is the flea market/craft show? Are the sidewalk sales in downtown Lake Delton or downtown Wisconsin Dells?

See you there! :-X10

bobj49f2 09-14-2010 02:07 PM

Most of the activities are on the main drag in the Dells. I'm not totally sure but when I've driven there in the past the main drag, Hwy 23, there's a big park with a bunch of vendors set up. I've gone to the craft fair myself.

Lance Hogan 09-14-2010 03:19 PM

I will be attending the Chicagoland Goodguys show this coming weekend, but would like to attend this show next year.

Lance

truckdog62563 09-14-2010 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Fendered Ford (Post 9328615)
I'll be there once again making excuses why my truck isn't done. In my defense, the wife and kids decided I should spend the summer building an elaborate treehouse. Perhaps the winter holds good things for me. Looking forward to it. I'll be at the fire pit Friday night for sure and perhaps Saturday night. :-partybud :-drink

Where is the flea market/craft show? Are the sidewalk sales in downtown Lake Delton or downtown Wisconsin Dells?

See you there! :-X10

I'll be making the same excuses, Kevin. I'll see you there. Stu

Michigan Rick 09-14-2010 10:03 PM

Just to add to the fun......I just got off the phone with the guys who run the show and they are giving away "the completed chassis" again this year!!!!!!! Fatmans frontend,,firewall brake setup,,,rear end......a complete chassis!

The flea market is downtown Dells behind the store fronts in their alleys. Good stuff.

See ya gents there...................Michigan Rick

bobj49f2 09-14-2010 10:12 PM

Kevin, Stu, I'm bringing two trucks to make up for you slackers. They ain't the pertiest trucks but they move under their own power:-X01

This is the first year my youngest is going to drive the panel, he's looking forward to heading out after he gets out of school Friday afternoon.

havi 09-19-2010 06:39 PM

So, how was it? Where's the pics?? :-bigparty

53 Meadow Green 09-19-2010 08:18 PM

This was the first one I attended. I learned about the event on the Friday before and had to leave in time to get to the Badger game with the family. Guess I had better join the club so I know what the heck is going on.
Anyway, great show Sat AM. Cool weather but cooler trucks. Lots of panels. I've never seen so many in one place at one time in my life!
Great group of people. I'm already looking forward to next year.

bobj49f2 09-19-2010 09:14 PM

This year was the first time I've been to the Dash in I think three years. The weather was a little iffy but it all worked out to a beautiful day. The Badgerland F-100 club did another great job at hosting the show. Michigan Rick had a little mishap with his panel truck on the way. He was just south of the WI border and his engine called it quits. He should be stopping in and giving us an update. I also want to thank Stu, truckdog, and his friend Rusty for allowing my son and me to share their room on Friday night. We were running late because I had a series of small problems Friday morning that delayed my departure to the Dells and it was sure nice to know we had a place to stay for the night.

I have pictures, I'll post them as soon as I can.